• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

San Francisco 49ers reached agreement with former Giants running back Brandon Jacobs.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cartwright doesn't make the cut?

when i first said we might carry 4 rb's next year i didn't know we signed cartwright. dixon looks like the odd man out, jacobs and cartwright might replace his duties. i could see dixon beating out cartwright if he starts to run with a bit more authority.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With Jacobs being added, Cartwright has his work cut out for him making the team as things stand right now. He'll have to clearly stand out among the special teamers. It might be between him and Colin Jones as we're now shifting roster spots to fill out the offense.

Along those lines, I hope we can stash a late pick rookie FB on the practice squad in case of injury. That would be a useful PS spot in case Miller goes down again.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With Jacobs being added, Cartwright has his work cut out for him making the team as things stand right now. He'll have to clearly stand out among the special teamers. It might be between him and Colin Jones as we're now shifting roster spots to fill out the offense.

Along those lines, I hope we can stash a late pick rookie FB on the practice squad in case of injury. That would be a useful PS spot in case Miller goes down again.

IMO Jacobs has to stand out because Gore and Hunter is ahead of him. can't see us taking away reps from either of these guys? so if Jacobs is only "so so" during the off-season, we might as well use Cartwright as the back-up?

stashing a FB is ok if a player warrants it? but was wondering if we'd use a TE if Miller is injured? not TE in the classic FB spot, but just go to plays using a second TE.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so what is your point?

1) You said we would keep only 4 RB's and gave your list.

2) I asked where was Miller (who wasn't on the list).

3) You replied he's a FB. (To which I should have replied what's your point).

My point is you didn't know we had signed Cartright and you have a history of missing a lot of relevant details in your discussions. I was wondering if you thought we would cut Miller (which would be ridiculous at this time), didn't know he was on the team, or u forgot about him as well (most probable).

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) You said we would keep only 4 RB's and gave your list.

2) I asked where was Miller (who wasn't on the list).

3) You replied he's a FB. (To which I should have replied what's your point).

My point is you didn't know we had signed Cartright and you have a history of missing a lot of relevant details in your discussions. I was wondering if you thought we would cut Miller (which would be ridiculous at this time), didn't know he was on the team, or u forgot about him as well (most probable).

i consider fullback a different position just like middle and outside linebacker. and no i dont have a history of missing relevant details.
:stfu:

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
IMO Jacobs has to stand out because Gore and Hunter is ahead of him. can't see us taking away reps from either of these guys? so if Jacobs is only "so so" during the off-season, we might as well use Cartwright as the back-up?

stashing a FB is ok if a player warrants it? but was wondering if we'd use a TE if Miller is injured? not TE in the classic FB spot, but just go to plays using a second TE.

Jacobs and Moss are both unknowns right now on this team. If Jacobs can play he'll make the team, but he might be done. Cartwright as a backup RB doesn't intrigue me much. Would rather our key ST's come from ILB, or OLB depth (which is a benefit of running the 3-4). That will likely be a late Rd draft pickup this year.

Gore will go down for 1-2 games (or more) and could be limited late into the playoffs again because his ankles have a ton of miles on them. He's consistently banged up these days. We need Hunter to be paired with someone decent, and Cartwright isn't the guy that you want. He's an emergency back. That's why I wouldn't be surprised if we still drafted a mid-round RB this year and let Dixon, Jacobs, and that RB duke it out for one spot. I don't even see Cartwright as a RB. He's competing against the other ST's aces. Spillman is a lock, and not sure how many others we keep. Might be between him and Colin Jones.

FB is a more important piece to this offense than other teams based on the west coast offense. We can use a TE for an H-back to work around Miller if he goes down. But I wouldn't mind having a dedicated PS TE to learn the position so we don't have to re-arrange everything like what happened last year.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i consider fullback a different position just like middle and outside linebacker. and no i dont have a history of missing relevant details.
:stfu:

You can consider them separate but don't expect anyone to read your mind. If I say we're only going to carry 4 LB's and them someone points out that's not possible, I can't say..."oh, I only count the ILB's."

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can consider them separate but don't expect anyone to read your mind. If I say we're only going to carry 4 LB's and them someone points out that's not possible, I can't say..."oh, I only count the ILB's."

i didn't think i would need to clarify. but obviously for dumb people like u i do...

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didn't think i would need to clarify. but obviously for dumb people like u i do...

That's fantastic that you've armed yourself with the communication skills of a 4 year old. I'm sure your parents look upon you proudly every night they watch you go down the stairs to your "basement apartment." Here, in honor of Warty you get a :llama:.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fantastic that you've armed yourself with the communication skills of a 4 year old. I'm sure your parents look upon you proudly every night they watch you go down the stairs to your "basement apartment." Here, in honor of Warty you get a :llama:.

:lol:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so what did u think, jacobs or dixon was gonna play fullback? get your head out of your ass...

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so what did u think, jacobs or dixon was gonna play fullback? get your head out of your ass...

I didn't think that, but some have suggested Jacobs to play FB. This hasn't been about what I think about the RB situation, since you haven't asked. This has been about your poor ability to communicate and now, much like a monkey, all you can do is try to throw poo since you're angry.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all i said was we could carry 4 running backs. then all this dumb shit just because i didn't say halfbacks...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
all i said was we could carry 4 running backs. then all this dumb shit just because i didn't say halfbacks...

thats why i asked an innocent question, to MAKE SURE I understood this comment. said at the time it wasn't intended to start an argument, but to see what the roster might look like?

"four RB's" isn't a broad subject so should've been easily clarified. even if you made a mistake (Cartwright) thats not a problem, just clarify you didn't know and we all move on.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with or without cartwright, we could keep a 4th running back for depth/ST. it wouldn't surprise me if dixon and cartwright are on the team and jacobs is sent packing. cartwright is nothing more than a roster filler anyways...