• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

San Francisco 49ers reached agreement with former Giants running back Brandon Jacobs.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ur a fucking clown. There, that better?

u started with the personal attacks because of your lack of reading comprehension, good thing your wonderlic didn't get leaked

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look back at the thread, show me the first personal attack.

Last edited by a moderator:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
with or without cartwright, we could keep a 4th running back for depth/ST. it wouldn't surprise me if dixon and cartwright are on the team and jacobs is sent packing. cartwright is nothing more than a roster filler anyways...

"wouldn't surprise me Cartwright is on the team".......but "he's nothing more than roster filler anyways" huh??? i highly doubt we keep anybody to be a 'roster filler'.

anyways, last year didn't we keep these running backs (not counting FB's) on the roster?
1. Gore
2. Hunter
3. Dixon

don't see why we wouldn't keep the same for 2012?, so IMO Dixon OR Jacobs will be the 3rd RB.

if we draft a RB in say round 4 or higher, then that RB will have a big 'benefit of the doubt'. odds would highly favor that draft pick to be the 3rd RB over BOTH Dixon and Jacobs. ie neither Dixon nor Jacobs make the team as RB's.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"wouldn't surprise me Cartwright is on the team".......but "he's nothing more than roster filler anyways" huh??? i highly doubt we keep anybody to be a 'roster filler'.

anyways, last year didn't we keep these running backs (not counting FB's) on the roster?
1. Gore
2. Hunter
3. Dixon

don't see why we wouldn't keep the same for 2012?, so IMO Dixon OR Jacobs will be the 3rd RB.

if we draft a RB in say round 4 or higher, then that RB will have a big 'benefit of the doubt'. odds would highly favor that draft pick to be the 3rd RB over BOTH Dixon and Jacobs. ie neither Dixon nor Jacobs make the team as RB's.

cartwright could get cut during training camp. he's a roster filler. unless there's injuries i don't see him playing at all outside of special teams.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how lost do you get when u go to a draft website and can't find a certain fullback in the running backs section?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe that's why we drafted miller and converted him to fullback. baalke must not be able to find the fullbacks in the running back section either.

i'm gonna have to send out a memo

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Jacobs Q&A
Are you going to be out here for good, to start the conditioning program on Monday?
I'm on my way back to Jersey tonight and I'll be back here next Sunday.

What attracted you to the 49ers?
The 49ers are a great organization, I've played against the Niners year in and year out and it's always a great challenge. (They're) a good football team, great ownership, a team that is on its way to a championship, really -- a good football team, and really close, and I felt wanted. I felt like they really wanted me around and I was excited about it.

What are your memories of NFC title game and the regular season?
The defense, the stinginess of the defense. Thy were the best defense we played all year long. both games, they didn't give up anything. It was two great games, but that's last yaer. I'm a part of this team now. The Giants, I was there for seven years but this year's the only one that mattered to me.

How did the 49ers make you feel wanted?
Speaking to (GM) Trent (Baalke) about everything made me feel wanted. When we spoke, (we talked about) as much as I can bring to the team, leadership on the higher stage. I felt like they really wanted me around and that made me feel really good, and now I'm here.

Have you talked to Frank Gore?
I haven't spoke to Frank yet. I'm looking forward to speaking with Frank here sometime this week. But I haven't spoke to him yet.

Do you anticipate competing with him in training camp?
Well, I think all of that is going to work itself out but I think as far as competing, I think that makes every one of else better. That's all that competing does -- it makes us better as a team, it makes us better at our jobs. I'm looking forward to the opportunity to be able to play with Frank.

If it's 3rd-and goal on the 1-yard-line, are you getting the ball or is Frank?
Well, being about 25 to 30 pounds heavier than Frank, I would hope I would be the one to get it. But Frank has done great in that area the last seven years -- me and Frank actually came in the league the same year. He has done great. He has no issues getting there so it's whatever is best for the team, and it's a call that coach (Jim) Harbaugh makes.

Have they told you anything about your role?
You know, my role is going to come off of how much I earn. I am going to earn everything that I get and that's all to be said for that. You're not supposed to tell someone what they're going to do because it's a funny game -- things can work out for you one time and not the next time. I'm going to get as much as I earn.

How tight are you with Mario Manningham? Did that play any role with you coming here?
I love Mario, he's been my teammate for the last four years. I've been around him a long time, we've hung out a lot. He's actually one of my really close friends on the Giants. Yes, coming out here, knowing that he was out here already made it that much more comfortable for me to join the team. And not to mention, I looked at it as a great opportunity because I grew up a 49ers fan and I was really excited about the opportunity to become a 49er.

Growing up in Louisiana, how did you grow up a 49ers fan -- watching them beat up on the Saints all those years?
Well, beating up on the Saints ... one, I never did like the Saints, never did like Dallas -- that's another team that everybody likes. I was just on the 49ers -- first of all, when I made the pick to choose the 49ers as my team I barely knew anything about football. I was about 8 years old, and only liked their uniforms. That's what drew me to the 49ers and I stuck with them. I even found myself cheering, like on Sunday nights when we weren't playing against them, I could myself rooting for them, seven years deep into the National Football League. I was a really big fan.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
cartwright could get cut during training camp. he's a roster filler. unless there's injuries i don't see him playing at all outside of special teams.

this is fine except above you said "wouldn't surprise me if Cartwright made the team"?

ok, moving on.....................

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just because we signed cartwright doesn't mean he'll be on the team when the season starts. heck, we have three long snappers right now.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just because we signed cartwright doesn't mean he'll be on the team when the season starts. heck, we have three long snappers right now.

You know how many longsnappers we have, yet you have trouble with the most simple concepts. I get it...you're like a roster Rainman...except just for long snappers.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look at our roster on espn. what position is miller?

again, it was your stupidity that got this going

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look at our roster on espn. what position is miller?

again, it was your stupidity that got this going

Just because there's a poorly managed site that you can point to doesn't mean ur right. And like I said, it's been about your attitude more than anything.

On a side note, I found this clip of your last family reunion.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
o so any site that seperates running back and fullback is wrong? as i said, miller is a fullback, i wasn't talking about fullbacks. guess u should draw a venn diagram for yourself.

and my father is dead, so please bring up family reunions

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
o so any site that seperates running back and fullback is wrong? as i said, miller is a fullback, i wasn't talking about fullbacks. guess u should draw a venn diagram for yourself.

:faint:

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:faint:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Jacbos adjusting well at football school

I was shocked he didn't say anything stupid in that entire video.....

Interesting how he mentioned he's being worked into the passing attack so he might not just be short yardage back afterall.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacbos adjusting well at football school

I was shocked he didn't say anything stupid in that entire video.....

Interesting how he mentioned he's being worked into the passing attack so he might not just be short yardage back afterall.

thats what i liked about the video... I hate the idea of allowing the opponent to know exactly why a particular player is on the field. It reminds me of all the guys who wanted to keep lawson just to cover TEs