• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sammy Watkins

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What a silly comment. If you believe that receivers are a dime a dozen in this league then cut AJ Green or trade him to us for our Pro Bowl LT Joe Staley. Cinci doesn't have a star quarterback yet AJ Green continues to be a top WR in the NFL.

Exactly. I would give them Joe Staley and Alex Smith all for AJ Green. We would then be able to slide Alex Boone on the outside and draft a guard in this year's draft with one of our 3rds or 4th round picks.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious, who's this elite / must have / star quarterback that you are referring to in this year's draft - that you would get with the 2nd overall pick?

Teddy Bridgewater could absolutely develop into that guy in the future. I just don't like these guys being thrown in as starters from day 1; they need to learn the playbook, get chemistry and get used to the speed in the pros before they start.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Teddy Bridgewater could absolutely develop into that guy in the future. I just don't like these guys being thrown in as starters from day 1; they need to learn the playbook, get chemistry and get used to the speed in the pros before they start.

I like Teddy as a prospect a lot than most, but he's not going to be there at #2 IMO. Which is why I asked, if the Rams were looking to part ways with Bradford, what QB (remember he must be an elite/must have prospect) would they draft with the 2nd overall pick if Teddy B is off the board?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rams aren't going to take a QB, DE or WR early in this draft IMO. I would be shocked if they didn't extend Bradford this offseason. Also their DL is not even close to being a problem, they have one of the more underrated front 7 groups in the league and have bookend DE's in Quinn and Long that aren't going anywhere. They also have a lot of young talent at WR who are just beginning to learn the pro game.

I actually look for the Rams to make a play at someone like Matthews who has the potential to be a true franchise OLT.

Dub, The Rams currently have 2 first round picks. This year is unfair when it comes to the OT position. Cameron Erving, Cyrus Kouandjio, Greg Robinson, Taylor Lewan, etc. There are more potential franchise OTs that could still be there for the Rams at #13 overall (2nd first round pick). The question you have to ask yourself, is Matthews that much better than Greg Robinson? WR position is also deep too. They can target Jordan Matthews, Kelvin Benjamin, etc. in the early 2nd round. If I were them, they better go with BPA with their first two picks.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Watkins over Lee any day of the week, I have no faith in any USC WR. Watkins is certainly the premier WR in this draft and I would absolutely love to get our hands on him. Sadly we will have to give up a lot to trade up and get him as last night he solidified himself as the #1 WR in this year's draft ahead of Evans.

No worries Bingo, after the combine everyone on this board will fall in love with him after he posts good numbers.

People already like Watkins. A lot. And people already know he's gonna post great numbers at the combine. That's not the point.

People don't wanna trade 5+ picks to move up and grab him, when it's a pretty deep WR class in itself.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kid is amazing. I haven't see a WR like him in college sine C. Johnson. Who ever drafts him is getting a stud player. AJ green was good in college but he wasn't as good as he is now in the NFL. OSU had no chance against him. Also Boyd can be a nice 4th to 5th rd pick.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Rams pass up on Jadeveon Clowney that would be an even dumber move than passing up on a QB.

Issue is they already have the top RE in the NFL and their LE is Chris Long who isn't going anywhere. Their defense isn't the problem, it's their offense. Still no QB, still meh at WR and they're still looking for their franchise LT 10 years later.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
AJ green was good in college but he wasn't as good as he is now in the NFL.

I don't agree with that. AJ Green was probably the 2nd-biggest no-brainer at WR (behind Megatron of course) the NFL has seen since Larry Fitzgerald. There are literally no weaknesses in his game, and he was as polished as one could realistically expect of a college player.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Watkins over Lee any day of the week, I have no faith in any USC WR. Watkins is certainly the premier WR in this draft and I would absolutely love to get our hands on him. Sadly we will have to give up a lot to trade up and get him as last night he solidified himself as the #1 WR in this year's draft ahead of Evans.

No worries Bingo, after the combine everyone on this board will fall in love with him after he posts good numbers.

Bwah ha ha! Well, you aren't exactly known for your football knowledge around here anyway.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to Get Watkins but don't think hes worth trading up for I'd be ecstatic with Evans Beckham or Landry, Lee would be a decent consolation prize... But the PAC 10 is kind of the JV of College football so I am not super high on him....

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think S.W. is a beast. But depending on what u gotta give up. 2 get him is the million $ question.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to Get Watkins but don't think hes worth trading up for I'd be ecstatic with Evans Beckham or Landry, Lee would be a decent consolation prize... But the PAC 10 is kind of the JV of College football so I am not super high on him....

LOL! What a tool.

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
We understand your a USC guy. But it's all just opinions my guy.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd prefer someone who plays in a real conference against real competition..............say Marquis Lee.

Florida State's starting defense will have more players in the NFL than the PAC-12.

As for real conferences against real competition: Jerry Rice, Terrell Owens, Randy Moss. But that doesn't even matter. No SC WR's are any good at the next level.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners won't even come close to getting their hands on Watkins! With a strong combine, the guy is a lock for a top 5 pick. I even saw one mock that had him going to the rams at #2. Definitely the most dynamic playmaker on offense in this years draft.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You might be able to get Lee. I would not shrug my shoulders at Landry or beckham! They are both very dynamic playmakers with very sure hands.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you saying, Watkins was banged up left and right in 2012 too. Boyd is not going in the 2nd round and he is not a good a passer as Matt Barkley. Other than this year, Lee has had the pleasure of playing in a pass friendly offense and with a prolific passer in Matt Barkley. Lee is not better than Watkins you are reaching on that one!

Watkins was banged up and had some off field issues, his numbers suffered.

Boyd will go in the 2nd.

I'm not stating a fact with Lee and Watkins question, I'm just saying that it could be debated. I, for obe think Lee could and will ve a better pro.

Its just my opinion. I also think Watkins wi ll be very good as well.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dub, The Rams currently have 2 first round picks. This year is unfair when it comes to the OT position. Cameron Erving, Cyrus Kouandjio, Greg Robinson, Taylor Lewan, etc. There are more potential franchise OTs that could still be there for the Rams at #13 overall (2nd first round pick). The question you have to ask yourself, is Matthews that much better than Greg Robinson? WR position is also deep too. They can target Jordan Matthews, Kelvin Benjamin, etc. in the early 2nd round. If I were them, they better go with BPA with their first two picks.

Bingo lets hope Benjamin comes back for another title run :hope:

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watkins was banged up and had some off field issues, his numbers suffered.

Boyd will go in the 2nd.

I'm not stating a fact with Lee and Watkins question, I'm just saying that it could be debated. I, for obe think Lee could and will ve a better pro.

Its just my opinion. I also think Watkins wi ll be very good as well.

Lee, like all other SC WR's picked early, will bust and be out of the league before the end of his first contract.