• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sammy Watkins

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lee would be a great consolation. Prefer Watkins but he could well be a top 5 pick. Be almost impossible to get. Is giving up what the Falcons gave up for Julio worth it? I dunno. But damn I can dream can't I? Watkins/Lee/Evans top 3 Wr's in the draft and be happy with 1 of them.

We certainly have the ammo for such trades... We need quality over quantity given our current roster....

There's no real shutdown cb I can sense in this draft right now so I don't see anyone preventing s watkins move up other than clowney

UgOtBuCkEd21GoRe

49ersMichiganDubsA's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given our current situation I agree with you. Quality over quantity. We would have to give up future first-round picks plus pics from this year. For Watkins I am willing to pull the trigger. Denard is the best cornerback in this draft who in my opinion got worked by Montgomery from Stanford in the Rose Bowl Montgomery is another guy who I would love to be a 49er. Size and speed who has return abilities. Needs to work on hands and route running.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
After watching the Orange bowl, I'm a fan. If Baalke doesn't attempt to get a stud WR, I'm going to be pissed.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Watkins had a good game, but trust me as a buckeye fan, it was easy for him tonight. Like it was said earlier in this post, we give 8 yards on every play to the best WR in the league, against the worst defense I have seen Ohio state put out, and that is to be expected.

As far as that last INT, I agree that it should have been incomplete and the fact it wasn't reviewed makes me sick. But not as sick as Braxton throwing the ball. If he just lofts the ball so the WR runs under it, that is 6. Instead, he throws a dart that would have been low and behind the WR, and it gets "picked" off. Miller isn't even close to being ready for the NFL.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Watkins going before Evans now.....

Watkins is a better receiver than Evans and to me that is indisputable. However, every year we see teams start to outsmart themselves days leading up to the draft. They may fall in love with his size (something you cannot team) and a GM or coach may feel that Evans brings that size element to their game-plan that they been seeking for years. Evans may be more scheme friendly to a team like the Bills for example because he would compliment all of their current 6feet tall under wide receivers. Me personally I wouldn't take Evans before Watkins…no way!!

2014 NFL Mock Draft - WalterFootball.com

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Needs to take his talents to San Francisco. Probably mentioned in several threads but my man crush has got the best of me. Trade up/mortgage the farm..We need Sammy! Dude is an absolute beast! :drool:

I'd prefer someone who plays in a real conference against real competition..............say Marquis Lee.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
As a Panther's fan i was developing a man crush watching Watkins. Once common sense took back over, no way would I trade up for him. This is a very deep draft for WRs but none of them are can't miss.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watkins is the best WR available in the draft right now. Though I love my Trojans and think M Lee is a beast also, Watkins is one of those guys who has the potential to be very, very special in the NFL.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As a Panther's fan i was developing a man crush watching Watkins. Once common sense took back over, no way would I trade up for him. This is a very deep draft for WRs but none of them are can't miss.

You guys should follow a similar approach you guys took last year. Back to back picks addressing the DT position (two guys I liked a lot Lotulelei and Short). If you guys could land Brandin Cooks in the early second and a big dude to compliment him: Evans (highly unlikely), Benjamin, Coleman, or Mathews that offense would be scary to contend with for years. Steve Smith in the slot would be scary.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
You guys should follow a similar approach you guys took last year. Back to back picks addressing the DT position (two guys I liked a lot Lotulelei and Short). If you guys could land Brandin Cooks in the early second and a big dude to compliment him: Evans (highly unlikely), Benjamin, Coleman, or Mathews that offense would be scary to contend with for years. Steve Smith in the slot would be scary.

Totally agree. Smith can't keep doing this for much longer at a high level.
Just curious, why could Ginn not get playing time with you guys? He has proven to be a nice pick up for us

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Totally agree. Smith can't keep doing this for much longer at a high level.
Just curious, why could Ginn not get playing time with you guys? He has proven to be a nice pick up for us

Not sure why, but my opinion has always been that his style of play fits Panthers scheme much much much better than it did with the Niners. Greg Roman (our offensive coordinator), runs a lot of two TE sets with Vernon Davis and Delanie Walker. That provided us with a lot of mismatches on the passing game. In addition to having Gore and a FB meant that only a handful of WRs were able to play. It was very crowded position with Crabtree, Moss, Mario Mannigham, Kyle Williams, and then Teddy. Ted was not regarded as a good blocker as a WR on the outside. The lack of playing time basically had to do more with the style of offense that we run than anything else.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget about Marqise Lee. He's also a very good receiver in his own right worthy of a late first round selection IMO. He's certainly not as good as Watkins, but Lee can be a solid #1 threat in the league when he hits his prime. He is super smooth and a crafty route runner with reliable hands, a la Reggie Wayne. If you like Justin Blackmon than you should also like Marqise Lee. I think he'll go in the top 20s when it's all said and done with.

That could be debated. I know this season Watkins has put up better numbers, but in the past two Lee has been unstoppable.

You have to remember that this season besides Lee being banged up, his qb play has been pretty bad. Watkins has played with a 2nd round qb his whole career.

I think Lee is a more reasonable trade up for us.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That could be debated. I know this season Watkins has put up better numbers, but in the past two Lee has been unstoppable.

You have to remember that this season besides Lee being banged up, his qb play has been pretty bad. Watkins has played with a 2nd round qb his whole career.

I think Lee is a more reasonable trade up for us.

What are you saying, Watkins was banged up left and right in 2012 too. Boyd is not going in the 2nd round and he is not a good a passer as Matt Barkley. Other than this year, Lee has had the pleasure of playing in a pass friendly offense and with a prolific passer in Matt Barkley. Lee is not better than Watkins you are reaching on that one!

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Rams dumb enough to pass on another QB and keep Bradford? Probably. If they aren't they'll take Watkins at 2. Can't afford to trade down and lose him like they did w Blackmon.

I don't see any scenario where he is a Niner, but his chances of playing in the NFC West are good.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Watkins over Lee any day of the week, I have no faith in any USC WR. Watkins is certainly the premier WR in this draft and I would absolutely love to get our hands on him. Sadly we will have to give up a lot to trade up and get him as last night he solidified himself as the #1 WR in this year's draft ahead of Evans.

No worries Bingo, after the combine everyone on this board will fall in love with him after he posts good numbers.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Are the Rams dumb enough to pass on another QB and keep Bradford? Probably. If they aren't they'll take Watkins at 2. Can't afford to trade down and lose him like they did w Blackmon.

I don't see any scenario where he is a Niner, but his chances of playing in the NFC West are good.

If the Rams pass up on Jadeveon Clowney that would be an even dumber move than passing up on a QB.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Receivers are a dime a dozen just like running backs. Neither will do much if you don't have an offensive line or a star quarterback. Look at the top receivers in the NFL and see how their respective teams are doing.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Rams pass up on Jadeveon Clowney that would be an even dumber move than passing up on a QB.

Rams aren't going to take a QB, DE or WR early in this draft IMO. I would be shocked if they didn't extend Bradford this offseason. Also their DL is not even close to being a problem, they have one of the more underrated front 7 groups in the league and have bookend DE's in Quinn and Long that aren't going anywhere. They also have a lot of young talent at WR who are just beginning to learn the pro game.

I actually look for the Rams to make a play at someone like Matthews who has the potential to be a true franchise OLT.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Receivers are a dime a dozen just like running backs. Neither will do much if you don't have an offensive line or a star quarterback. Look at the top receivers in the NFL and see how their respective teams are doing.

What a silly comment. If you believe that receivers are a dime a dozen in this league then cut AJ Green or trade him to us for our Pro Bowl LT Joe Staley. Cinci doesn't have a star quarterback yet AJ Green continues to be a top WR in the NFL.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Just curious, who's this elite / must have / star quarterback that you are referring to in this year's draft - that you would get with the 2nd overall pick?