• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sammy Watkins

UgOtBuCkEd21GoRe

49ersMichiganDubsA's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Needs to take his talents to San Francisco. Probably mentioned in several threads but my man crush has got the best of me. Trade up/mortgage the farm..We need Sammy! Dude is an absolute beast! :drool:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Decker is in the last year of his contract, so I was just telling my son that Watkins might be a nice replacement. No idea how high he or Mike Evans go, but I definitely like both.

UgOtBuCkEd21GoRe

49ersMichiganDubsA's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sammy def in the top ten with Evans probably going in the top 15-20. Evans is a nice player but I'll take Sammy. Both Denver or SF would have to give up a ton to get either.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not Watkins related, per se, but no way was that an INT. I'm rooting against Ohio State, but the game shouldn't have ended on that play.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not Watkins related, per se, but no way was that an INT. I'm rooting against Ohio State, but the game shouldn't have ended on that play.

I'll tell you, I would've voted an incomplete myself but i guess the college rule makes it tougher than the nfl.

I believe the NFL it would've been overturned if not call an INT however college ball, going down without contact is a down.

He made the catch, juggle then quickly tighten the grip/grab and hit the ground. Is that considered down RIGHT there? cuz as he rolled over he clearly lost control there...

but how is that ruled? It may have been called incomplete had it been a WR since they are always looking for maintain of the catch but since it was the LB, maybe the ref had a brain fart.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I been trying to tell Sick and the rest of them that Sammy is a stud in the making. Worth trading up for.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I been trying to tell Sick and the rest of them that Sammy is a stud in the making. Worth trading up for.

Curious how bad that knee is dinged up.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've thrown out about making a big trade up for Watkins as a WR and no other WR....

:nod:

UgOtBuCkEd21GoRe

49ersMichiganDubsA's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Harbs and Balke make a play for him. His knee should be fine. Imagine crabs and Watkins...reminds me of Marshall and Jeffrey in Chicago.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Harbs and Balke make a play for him. His knee should be fine. Imagine crabs and Watkins...reminds me of Marshall and Jeffrey in Chicago.

different duo IMO....

Crabs n Watkins complement each other more so than Da 2 Bears.... even though the 2 Bears are a dynamic duo themselves.....

Maybe last year's Boldin n Smith duo from Baltimore....

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only problem with the NFL is he he won't get a free eight yards before a defender is even in the picture. Honestly this is the worst defense I have ever seen from an Ohio State team and I have been watching them since the early seventies. What's worse is the Buckeye defense has a lot of talent. Safe to say Fickell the Defensive Coordinator will soon be gone.

UgOtBuCkEd21GoRe

49ersMichiganDubsA's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. 11 of his 16 receptions were wr screens. But you can't deny Watkins talent. Size/speed/strength with tremendous ball skills.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Only problem with the NFL is he he won't get a free eight yards before a defender is even in the picture. Honestly this is the worst defense I have ever seen from an Ohio State team and I have been watching them since the early seventies. What's worse is the Buckeye defense has a lot of talent. Safe to say Fickell the Defensive Coordinator will soon be gone.

Since his true Freshman year in college, Sammy has shown that you cannot press him. He's deceptively strong and uber quick at the snap of the football. Watched some of the clips against Florida State in 2011 to see what I'm referring to. He's a lot like Julio Jones in that regard.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't forget about Marqise Lee. He's also a very good receiver in his own right worthy of a late first round selection IMO. He's certainly not as good as Watkins, but Lee can be a solid #1 threat in the league when he hits his prime. He is super smooth and a crafty route runner with reliable hands, a la Reggie Wayne. If you like Justin Blackmon than you should also like Marqise Lee. I think he'll go in the top 20s when it's all said and done with.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sammy Watkins - WR - Tigers

Clemson junior WR Sammy Watkins caught an Orange Bowl record 16 passes for 227 yards and two touchdowns against Ohio State in Friday's win.

This was Watkins' riding-off-into-the-sunset collegiate moment. Watkins (6-foot-1, 205 pounds) finishes his junior (and probably final) season with 113 catches for 1,659 receiving yards and eight touchdowns. NFL.com's Bucky Brooks tweeted during the game: "Sammy Watkins is making a strong case tonight. Big-time playmaker. He is the epitome of a No.1 receiver." Rotoworld's Josh Norris ranks Watkins the No. 6 overall prospect in May's draft. "An explosive player with the ball in his hands, gets up to high gear very quickly," Norris writes. "Will go across the middle and catch passes in tight windows. Cuts routes off very quickly."
Source: Bucky Brooks on Twitter

Jan 4 - 12:47 AM

UgOtBuCkEd21GoRe

49ersMichiganDubsA's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lee would be a great consolation. Prefer Watkins but he could well be a top 5 pick. Be almost impossible to get. Is giving up what the Falcons gave up for Julio worth it? I dunno. But damn I can dream can't I? Watkins/Lee/Evans top 3 Wr's in the draft and be happy with 1 of them.