• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sam Bradford traded to Philadelphia for Nick Foles+picks

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chirp is either playing boss level oakie doke or... I can't even think of any other counter with this particular move. SDP pretty well articulates my thoughts about this. As a Detroit fan I'm well conditioned to some real stupid shit regarding, but not limited to, player personnel from the owners but this is all Kelly's brainstorm. The draft will be a bit more intriguing to follow and see how this plays out.
Philly was my second favorite team to watch this last season but I can't imagine it would be anything near as entertaining with Sam and Dirty behind center vs the minimum with Foles

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the eagles making a move for the Oregon Duck. They paid Sanchez for the next two years. That alone makes you scratch your head, then traded to get Bradford because they believe he's a player with "special accuracy, touch and a big arm." Chip's in-house website still believes Bradford is capable of making "every throw from every position on the field."

Just don't see them going after a 1st round QB in this draft.

Side note. Rams seem to love to tear up the NFC East in trades in recent years. So Jerry if the rams call to see if you are interested in a trade, run away!!!

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford may never play a down as an Eagle.

Has to be part of some big plan, beyond the cognitive ability of mere mortals.

Yeah part of me will think that this is part of a bigger move for Marriota until draft day. Guess we will find out for sure in a month or so.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford was having a great year last year before the acl injury. Despite an awful offensive line where he was running for his life. At least this is a positive move for him.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man if they were just giving away Foles I would give up EJ straight up Eagles wouldn't even have to throw in a second rounder.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap I went to bed thinking this was just a nightmare but this thread is still here:gaah:

The way NFL Network is reporting this trade Bradford needs to stay healthy and make it through the entire season, or the Rams are on the hook for more higher picks next season....

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap I went to bed thinking this was just a nightmare but this thread is still here:gaah:

The way NFL Network is reporting this trade Bradford needs to stay healthy and make it through the entire season, or the Rams are on the hook for more higher picks next season....

If he doesn't play at all I believe it is a 2nd they owe or a 3rd

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford was having a great year last year before the acl injury. Despite an awful offensive line where he was running for his life. At least this is a positive move for him.

He was injured in the 2nd preseason game last year.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sam hasn't played since 2013 week 8

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there really still Bradford homers (besides Chip Kelly)?

Happy feet, multiple ACL tears--bust.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there really still Bradford homers (besides Chip Kelly)?

Happy feet, multiple ACL tears--bust.

If he can stay healthy, he can throw the football. I can't think of a QB taken early that has had had as little talent around him as Bradford has had. Of course there isn't a font big enough here at SportsHoopla for the if in the "if he can stay healthy" phrase.

And let's face it.....if Kelly's system can make Sanchez somewhat functional, I am sure that it can make a healthy Bradford at least functional. Although of course Kelly got rid of all the other talent on the offense so he still has some work to do there. But it still is early in the offseason and there are plently of moves yet to be made....but there really are some intriguing WR's out there to persue (I don't see a really good RB move though).

But something still tells me that Phili is going to package Bradford with their 1st and 2nd this year and go get Marriota from the Titans in the #2 spot. It will have been a steep price to pay but Kelly gets his guy, Wisenhunt gets his guy and the Ram's get to finally move on from Bradford and that contract. Win/win/win.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>Three active QBs have attempted 1,700 passes, completed worse than 59% and have a YPA under 6.7: Bradford, Sanchez and Matt Cassel.</p>&mdash; Sheil Kapadia (@SheilKapadia) <a href="">March 11, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious to see the draft pick compensation. Probably hurts the Jets chances of trading down if Mariota falls to them.

If he falls to them, Jets will likely just draft Mariotta. They need a QB. If Philly is looking to trade up for him it will be with somone else IMO.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no Mariota to Philly. The Eagles have the Rams offensive coordinator from Bradford's rookie year and they want to re-create that 'magic'

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip Kelly has lost his damned mind.

He also signed Thurmond (ANOTHER F'ING OREGON DUCK) to a 1 year contract. Yah it's a 1 year contract, but Thurmond is the most injury prone prospect on the market this year. Guy has played 22 games out of the last 64 possible (not even counting playoffs). I mean good god, just a shade over 33%. And he was out basically ALL last year. Great talent, just can't stay healthy. Never recovered from his college injuries.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah part of me will think that this is part of a bigger move for Marriota until draft day. Guess we will find out for sure in a month or so.

Well, we found out today Chip Kelly did not get Bradford as a first step to put together a package for Marriota.

Heard a point as well: Bradford is not as far a reach for the CK type of offense as people think, with his experience at OU running a pretty fast paced attack.

Anyway, fascinating stuff.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really made a point about the injuries (as he should, since all the players he's getting are coming off injuries/injury prone).

Said, "if not for the injuries, they wouldnt be able to trade for them." Well, uh, yeah.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Philadelphia Kneegles?