• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sam Howell is apparently our starter for 2023

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely not giving up 1st rounders for a guy that is suspect at throwing the ball
good plan... let's keep the guy whose decision-making and accuracy are suspect and can't come close to the dynamic aspect that LJ brings to an offense.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you serious chiller? Payne for the #1 overall pick? lol. Thanks for the good laugh.

i know this was cooling off but Payne for the 1st pick overall is laughable? Chiller said "doable"
i'd have to agree. Anderson, Young, Stroud in sacrifice for Payne and cap space?
are you saying thats too much for payne or not enough?
i respect whatever your stance is, but......i'd take that payne offer, great player but he won't be the reason we win a playoff game

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a slightly upgraded rg knee. No thanks. Ravens sure aren’t going to be dumb enough to give him an extension

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know this was cooling off but Payne for the 1st pick overall is laughable? Chiller said "doable"
i'd have to agree. Anderson, Young, Stroud in sacrifice for Payne and cap space?
are you saying thats too much for payne or not enough?
i respect whatever your stance is, but......i'd take that payne offer, great player but he won't be the reason we win a playoff game

you got it wrong. chiller thinks the Bears will give us there #1 overall pick for Payne, That's is why I laughed.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say we keep building for the future. Trust the process and draft another young DL to pair with Mathis, Ridgeway & Allen. Use those funds to bring in a LB, OL or pay Sweat but certainly do not tie up $17-$20m or close to $40m on your interior DT's.

I cant disagree with this approach. $40m is a lot to tie up in DT’s, that’s true.

I think this approach only really works if you have competent drafters.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you got it wrong. chiller thinks the Bears will give us there #1 overall pick for Payne, That's is why I laughed.

Wrong again. I never said I think the Bears would make that trade. I said it was doable.

But you do you, cupcake.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong again. I never said I think the Bears would make that trade. I said it was doable.

But you do you, cupcake.
i am pretty sure saying doable is from a commanders POV but the bears would laugh you right out of the building for offering that

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But you do you, cupcake.
doable. That means you believe it can happen. I never said the Bears would give us #1 overall pick for Payne.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doable. That means you believe it can happen. I never said the Bears would give us #1 overall pick for Payne.

Maybe i misinterpreted what Chiller meant by "doable" but the way i read is it could be a possibility, and if it actually was offered, you take it.

Sorry cell phone malfunction again sheesh

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good plan... let's keep the guy whose decision-making and accuracy are suspect and can't come close to the dynamic aspect that LJ brings to an offense.
You cannot rationalize with UN-rationable...

adjective: rational
  1. 1.
    based on or in accordance with reason or logic.
    "I'm sure there's a perfectly rational explanation Country"

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am pretty sure saying doable is from a commanders POV but the bears would laugh you right out of the building for offering that

Nooooo…. “Doable” means “something I would do,” or “something that is able to be done,” feasible.”

If I was the GM of the Commanders and this trade was offered, that would be a trade that I would execute. It would be completed. Thus, it’s doable.

Semantics are fun.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That’s not what it means, but I know better than to argue semantics with the board troll.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do·able ˈdü-ə-bəl

Synonyms of doable
: able to be done or attained : ACHIEVABLE, POSSIBLE
It will be difficult, but it's still doable.
You wouldn't want your first outside venture to be in Fiji or something. Pennsylvania is very doable. It's not far from here.—Mitchel Etess
The format is arranged to present a dish's original recipe in Latin, then translate and modernize it so that it is more doable than not.—Richard Flaste

within one's powers; feasible:

what the kings english says

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s not what it means, but I know better than to argue semantics with the board troll.

not the board troll. thanks for the good laugh.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do·able ˈdü-ə-bəl

Synonyms of doable
: able to be done or attained : ACHIEVABLE, POSSIBLE
It will be difficult, but it's still doable.
You wouldn't want your first outside venture to be in Fiji or something. Pennsylvania is very doable. It's not far from here.—Mitchel Etess
The format is arranged to present a dish's original recipe in Latin, then translate and modernize it so that it is more doable than not.—Richard Flaste

within one's powers; feasible:

what the kings english says

Didn’t I include “feasible” in the post directly above this one?

Your problem is in interpretation. It’s always your problem in many subjects, on many threads.

How about this:
How about I add the following - if the Bears offered their #1 pick for DaRon Payne, that would be a trade that I would call feasible.

If the Commanders offered DaRon Payne for the Bears #1 pick, I would hope that they would defend the trade as feasible because of Payne’s previous draft status as a #1 pick, and because of his stats this year.

Neither of those statements imply that I think that that’s what the Commanders or Bears should offer. Just what is a doable trade from the Commanders perspective.

I dont work for the Commanders.

Also, and finally, how ridiculous is it that you and dean get all worked up over semantics?

Must be a slow news day.