• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Saints @ Patriots

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
patriotway_medium.gif

Did the Patriots get away with holding on the game-winning touchdown? - SBNation.com

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried hard to buy into all the Jimmy Graham hype. You couldn't turn an NFL how on without hearing his name in the first 30 seconds. But I just don't see it. He's obviously a weapon within their system. Like Brees, he's the product of a system. Put him on most other teams and he's very ordinary.

IMO, Drew Brees is easily the most overrated athlete since Cal Ripken. No close second. He's a 5' 10" system QB - nothing more, nothing less so don't let ESPN convince you otherwise.

Brees >Favre

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like some people are mad.

How many times do I have to tell you I am glad the Patriots won, BF4L? Really, man? :wtf2:

Look at the video again and see if you notice any reason why even a drunk Patriots fan might throw a flag on the play.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets go find the video of Stills pushing off Dennard and send it to this website....

This is a quote from CBS Boston:

Facing a third-and-20 from the 34-yard line, Drew Brees dropped back and waited for Kenny Stills to make it to the end zone. Stills was covered tightly by Alfonzo Dennard, and as Dennard went up to try to defend the pass, Stills subtly pushed the corner in the back to create enough separation. As the ball came down, Dennard’s arm just missed it, and Stills hauled it in just before safety Steve Gregory came over the top.

It was the perfect play, and it gave the Saints the lead.

"Subtly" which happens all the time with no call from the refs. That holding call at the end was not "subtly."

Last edited by a moderator: