• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saints on grass

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well the saints are much better than last year. they're healthy and sproles/graham emerged this year as big playmakers for them

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I realize that a decade of losing probaably makes you think this way. But 13-3is no fluke. Do you think the Saints are gonna win then? Just curious

I do. 27-21 would not surprise me and neither would 38-20. A 49er victory would shock me though. I think they could possibly keep it close but the offense of the Saints has too many weapons to stop. My hope is that the 49ers can keep it close enough that they can have an opportunity with a couple of minutes left to have the ball and drive down and win it.

However it turns out I'm just gonna enjoy this one. If the better teams wins then I can't get upset.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do. 27-21 would not surprise me and neither would 38-20. A 49er victory would shock me though. I think they could possibly keep it close but the offense of the Saints has too many weapons to stop. My hope is that the 49ers can keep it close enough that they can have an opportunity with a couple of minutes left to have the ball and drive down and win it.

However it turns out I'm just gonna enjoy this one. If the better teams wins then I can't get upset.

Brees will make some mistakes though, you have to factor that in. He is over confident in the respect that he feels he can needle the ball into every hole. The Lions had them beat if they hold onto at least two of the 3 or 4 of the should've been picks.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brees will make some mistakes though, you have to factor that in. He is over confident in the respect that he feels he can needle the ball into every hole. The Lions had them beat if they hold onto at least two of the 3 or 4 of the should've been picks.

He might. But I don't like counting on turnovers. A lot of getting turnovers is luck and I'd rather count on talent than luck. The puncher can win over the skilled boxer but it takes some luck. I'm not counting the 49ers out just yet.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Everyone likes to talk about the high flying aerial attack of the Saints offense, but the 49ers D seems to be not getting enough attention.

The Saints team is basically the same team we lost to at Candlestick a year ago 25-22, substitute Reggie Bush for Darren Sproles. Sure the Saints are clicking alot better this year, but our team has improved even more since last year.

yep, also see a similar type game as last year. they'll get their yards between the 20's, but we hopefully force more field goals.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might. But I don't like counting on turnovers. A lot of getting turnovers is luck and I'd rather count on talent than luck. The puncher can win over the skilled boxer but it takes some luck. I'm not counting the 49ers out just yet.

No, it starts with pressure. We haven't been lucky all season, every turnover was forced, whether it's through forcing the qb out and forcing a throw or the strips of ball carriers from behind, every turnover was what they were trying to do. Our defense is based on creating turnovers, that's just the way it is.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No, it starts with pressure. We haven't been lucky all season, every turnover was forced, whether it's through forcing the qb out and forcing a throw or the strips of ball carriers from behind, every turnover was what they were trying to do. Our defense is based on creating turnovers, that's just the way it is.

There is always a bit of luck involved; especially with fumbles. A bounce of the ball could determine who gets the recovery I sure hope our defense isn't based on creating turnovers. We are in trouble if it is.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you are right, that would make for a nailbiter but winnable game IMO.

OT: This isn't directed at you SHK1, just thought to mention it here. There was a comedian or dare I say poster on these boards, that had this thing against people saying "in my honest opinion" because each word is unnecessary. Everyone knows what you state is an opinion (unless it is fact, in which you don't preface it as "in fact" everytime). Everyone knows it is your opinion, because you won't say, in Karl's opinion (unless your Karl Malone). It's unnecessary to say 'honest' unless you go around giving dishonest opinions in which you need to distinguish this one.

In fact, it was Seinfeld (IMO).

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is always a bit of luck involved; especially with fumbles. A bounce of the ball could determine who gets the recovery I sure hope our defense isn't based on creating turnovers. We are in trouble if it is.

Of course luck is involved in the bounce, your right in that context. However, you don't think our defense is focused on creating turnovers, sometimes rather than just going after a tackle? Maybe based upon was the wrong terminology.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just had a hilarious thought - what if NE gets Tebowed?? The Sportscasters will be in a catatonic state for the entire show!! Except of course for Skip

There'll definitely be a lot of First Take "experts" walking off a ledge LOL

wait thats not funny...

or..... Tebow will come through and save them again and cause more spite!!!!!!

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Of course luck is involved in the bounce, your right in that context. However, you don't think our defense is focused on creating turnovers, sometimes rather than just going after a tackle? Maybe based upon was the wrong terminology.

I would hope our defense is based on shutting down the run and creating pressure on the QB to disrupt the passing game. I agree with you though that the turnovers come as a result of doing these things well, but a team can do these things well and still not get turnovers.

vvoland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

i believe the saying goes 'luck is when timing meets preparation'.. or something to that extent. i've been away from the english speaking world for a while, so i may be a bit off, but the point is the same. our team is focused on TOs. every defensive player is always aware of where the ball is and the minute its on the ground, we get after it. we attack the ball carrier's arm and he better have it tucked and secured. we strip qbs when we get there. the one area we don't do this [and i wholeheartedly agree] is in the secondary. we try to make tackles and pass breakups first, INTs second [goldson is guilty of trying to make the big hit or get a pick and does get burned on occasion, see: fitzgerald, larry].

our defense may not be 'based' on TOs, but its is more than just a point of emphasis. not only that, but we have the playmakers on D to succeed. when you have willis, bowman, goldson, whitner, and the smith brothers coming at you full speed, TOs are not lucky.. they're forced, created, or simply.. demanded by this team. having said all this, i will now sacrifice 12 virgins to make sure i didn't just jinx our D for saturday's game. considering the women in the ukraine, i feel pretty confident the football gods will be forgiving of my hubris.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
OT: This isn't directed at you SHK1, just thought to mention it here. There was a comedian or dare I say poster on these boards, that had this thing against people saying "in my honest opinion" because each word is unnecessary. Everyone knows what you state is an opinion (unless it is fact, in which you don't preface it as "in fact" everytime). Everyone knows it is your opinion, because you won't say, in Karl's opinion (unless your Karl Malone). It's unnecessary to say 'honest' unless you go around giving dishonest opinions in which you need to distinguish this one.

In fact, it was Seinfeld (IMO).

Ha! I agree but I got mercilessly ripped by a poster here for not adding IMO to every statement I posted here because it meant that I was trying to pass off opinion as fact. It was an ugly argument that I hope is water under the bridge at this point.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i believe the saying goes 'luck is when timing meets preparation'.. or something to that extent. i've been away from the english speaking world for a while, so i may be a bit off, but the point is the same. our team is focused on TOs. every defensive player is always aware of where the ball is and the minute its on the ground, we get after it. we attack the ball carrier's arm and he better have it tucked and secured. we strip qbs when we get there. the one area we don't do this [and i wholeheartedly agree] is in the secondary. we try to make tackles and pass breakups first, INTs second [goldson is guilty of trying to make the big hit or get a pick and does get burned on occasion, see: fitzgerald, larry].

our defense may not be 'based' on TOs, but its is more than just a point of emphasis. not only that, but we have the playmakers on D to succeed. when you have willis, bowman, goldson, whitner, and the smith brothers coming at you full speed, TOs are not lucky.. they're forced, created, or simply.. demanded by this team. having said all this, i will now sacrifice 12 virgins to make sure i didn't just jinx our D for saturday's game. considering the women in the ukraine, i feel pretty confident the football gods will be forgiving of my hubris.

Now if we only had play-makers on offense we'd be in business.

vvoland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Now if we only had play-makers on offense we'd be in business.

we have a few. i know you're more of a pessimist when it comes to this offense than most, but with davis, gore, hunter [i hope we use him a lot against the saints blitz packages] and crabtree [loved that stiff arm TD against the rams] we can put up some points. if we get a good game out of the o-line, we have a very good chance to win. i don't think the saints will put up 30+ on us. i like our chances in games where the score is in the mid 20s.

if i were to tell you we would be hosting a game with the NFC championship game as the prize before the season started, you would have been justified in calling the cops to my house to prevent an overdose. we've improved every week and with the bye, the home field, and the way this team has improved this is, if not 50/50, a 40/60 proposition.