• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saints on grass

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We have played everybody close this year. Giants, Detroit, Dallas, Philly, Steelers, Ravens, etc. Nobody blew us out. Nobody put up >30 points on us.

I don't see why the game against the Saints would be any different. I think it will be a really close game.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I shared your optimism.

I realize that a decade of losing probaably makes you think this way. But 13-3is no fluke. Do you think the Saints are gonna win then? Just curious

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize that a decade of losing probaably makes you think this way. But 13-3is no fluke. Do you think the Saints are gonna win then? Just curious

I'm pretty fine with Mozart's feelings.... fair for him to have doubts... but he and I will both agree that 13 games of the season, the niners put his fears to rest :canada:

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tebow didn't fear.... Tebow tebowed the beard..... :nono:

dude -DUDE! - WTF, happened yesterday??!!??...That was Effing Crazy!!

Pittsburgh players and fans won't soon get over that loss - I think for the entire season next year they will find their asses in church! Ha ha

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know most will say Im whining when I say this but...the one thing that does concern me is how many bs calls will the saints get in this one? Ive seen it too many times this year where the fan-favorites or, in the saints case, 'feel good story/boo hoo hoo story' teams are getting calls their way. It happened the other night with the Saints, its happens non-stop with the Steelers (though it didnt help them the other night), and it happens with the Packers as well. My concern is we cut this too close and some bs call comes back and bites us in the ass.

Yeah, that does sound a bit like whining. You blaming the refs already, we have a top ranked defense. We just got to D up. Hit Brees early and often.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pittsburgh players and fans won't soon get over that loss - I think for the entire season next year they will find their asses in church! Ha ha

It made my weekend... that game I freaking LOVED..... side stories, drama, suspense, WTF moments, HOLY F moments, GTFO moments, HAHA moments, pure enjoyment.....

I JUST WISH their next gm would've been vs Baltimore.... cuz if Baltimore gets Tebowed... :bj:

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

It made my weekend... that game I freaking LOVED..... side stories, drama, suspense, WTF moments, HOLY F moments, GTFO moments, HAHA moments, pure enjoyment.....

I JUST WISH their next gm would've been vs Baltimore.... cuz if Baltimore gets Tebowed... :bj:

LMMFAO!!!!!... You just wrote the script of my exact thoughts

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wish I shared your optimism.

again, you can feel how you feel, didn't mean to knock your opinion.

my "optimism" has been consistent for weeks, i give ourselves a fair chance of winning. for me, "fair chance" means not quite 50/50, ie still saying New Orleans is a little better overall.

not scared they'll blow us out, which is what you're emphasizing. my opinion is they'll score in the twenties, say two TD's and four FG's (26 points); or three TD's and two FG's (27 points).

we'll move downfield enough times ourselves into the red zone.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMMFAO!!!!!... You just wrote the script of my exact thoughts

or was it I who scripted your thoughts?

920080_354.jpg

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Sounds a little like whistling past the graveyard to me. Not fearing the Saints is a little like not fearing a grizzly bear.

Maybe when I'm hiking (the Dome) but not as much in the zoo ('Stick). I'm a little more scared against other teams (besides GB) on the road as I am against the Saints at home. Again, this doesn't mean I'm confident we'll win, just that we can. Saints at the Dome, another story.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I just had a hilarious thought - what if NE gets Tebowed?? The Sportscasters will be in a catatonic state for the entire show!! Except of course for Skip

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just had a hilarious thought - what if NE gets Tebowed?? The Sportscasters will be in a catatonic state for the entire show!! Except of course for Skip

No, Skip won't be catatonic, he'll be Cantontonic for Tebow. Hall of Fame for sure.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We have played everybody close this year. Giants, Detroit, Dallas, Philly, Steelers, Ravens, etc. Nobody blew us out. Nobody put up >30 points on us.

I don't see why the game against the Saints would be any different. I think it will be a really close game.

The difference between the Saints and those teams is the offense.
The Saints averaged 35 points per game while the Steelers averaged 20, the Ravens 24, the Cowboys 23, the Eagles 25, the Lions 30 and the Giants 25.

The 49ers can beat the Saints but if they are not almost mistake free on D the Saints will capitalize.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The difference between the Saints and those teams is the offense.
The Saints averaged 35 points per game while the Steelers averaged 20, the Ravens 24, the Cowboys 23, the Eagles 25, the Lions 30 and the Giants 25.

The 49ers can beat the Saints but if they are not almost mistake free on D the Saints will capitalize.

Ok factor in then on top of that, how much did the Saints average on the road, on grass? 23, 30, 20, 22. Looks like average of 23.75.

Also factor in how many PPG's did the 49ers D allow on average at home?
17, 27, 3, 10, 20, 7, 0, 3. Average of 10.8975 points.

I'm predicting Saints will score between 20 and 26 points.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ok factor in then on top of that, how much did the Saints average on the road, on grass? 23, 30, 20, 22. Looks like average of 23.75.

Also factor in how many PPG's did the 49ers D allow on average at home?
17, 27, 3, 10, 20, 7, 0, 3. Average of 10.8975 points.

I'm predicting Saints will score between 20 and 26 points.

I hope you are right, that would make for a nailbiter but winnable game IMO.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I hope you are right, that would make for a nailbiter but winnable game IMO.

Everyone likes to talk about the high flying aerial attack of the Saints offense, but the 49ers D seems to be not getting enough attention.

The Saints team is basically the same team we lost to at Candlestick a year ago 25-22, substitute Reggie Bush for Darren Sproles. Sure the Saints are clicking alot better this year, but our team has improved even more since last year.