• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Safety position solved

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've made my opinion on Heath so clear for so long. He is decent, but not great at STs and is horrendous on defense. But the number of years only means something if there is a lot of guaranteed money. if the contract is "cuttable" if we find a STs replacement that can also help the team in some way I'm fine with this signing - it's just kind fo status quo. If this is for a $ amount that is going to get him on the team whether we have a better player or not, then it's just a stupid move. It seems our off season mantra has been overpay for bottom of the roster types. Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't. For a 4 win team it normally isn't the smartest thing to do. Time will tell...

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've made my opinion on Heath so clear for so long. He is decent, but not great at STs and is horrendous on defense. But the number of years only means something if there is a lot of guaranteed money. if the contract is "cuttable" if we find a STs replacement that can also help the team in some way I'm fine with this signing - it's just kind fo status quo. If this is for a $ amount that is going to get him on the team whether we have a better player or not, then it's just a stupid move. It seems our off season mantra has been overpay for bottom of the roster types. Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't. For a 4 win team it normally isn't the smartest thing to do. Time will tell...
Man heath should have been cut years ago.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
decent ST player

I can replace him with a RB in the 5th that will b better and dual purpose CJ Prosise

draft him Jerry and let heath go be successful elsewhere

TheWavekeeper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess they didn't want to lose him, keep him around for training camp. He's familiar with the defense and ST's.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as he never plays safety again I am ok with it :D

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as he never plays safety again I am ok with it :D
Exactly. Probably half a dozen safeties at cut day that will be better on defense than Heath. But this team has always had their "pet players".

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing he does do - he brings the hammer

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing he does do - he brings the hammer
Not IMO. He has a couple of "highlight shots" that were borderline cheapo shots, but definitely not shots the opposing player was ready for. How many times has he "brought the hammer" when the player was coming right at him and was ready for impact?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not IMO. He has a couple of "highlight shots" that were borderline cheapo shots, but definitely not shots the opposing player was ready for. How many times has he "brought the hammer" when the player was coming right at him and was ready for impact?

If he gets To them he usually brings it IMO. I think there is a football player there. Maybe just a Teams guy but I like the move.

Now I like what the Titans did a whole lot better , but I'm not picky.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he gets To them he usually brings it IMO. I think there is a football player there. Maybe just a Teams guy but I like the move.

Now I like what the Titans did a whole lot better , but I'm not picky.
If he gets to them........which 90% of the time he loses his man.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok not trying to start something here, but I hear it a ton on here about trusting our scouts and McClay. How great of a job they are doing and have done. I think most are in agreement with that anyway. I seriously doubt Heath is a Jerry guy unless he mows his yard or something. I haven't even looked at his contract but to me why is it different for Heath. I know what it looks like certain times. We all have seen his gaffs. But they have to see something, right? To me it's about getting the best 53. I have seen worse. Just my opinion.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok not trying to start something here, but I hear it a ton on here about trusting our scouts and McClay. How great of a job they are doing and have done. I think most are in agreement with that anyway. I seriously doubt Heath is a Jerry guy unless he mows his yard or something. I haven't even looked at his contract but to me why is it different for Heath. I know what it looks like certain times. We all have seen his gaffs. But they have to see something, right? To me it's about getting the best 53. I have seen worse. Just my opinion.
First off, our scouts aren't batting 1,000. Ignoring guys we hope/think will step up and play a bigger role (Gregory, Hitchens, etc), in the past 3 drafts there is one player that wasn't selected in the first round that we safely can say will play a big role for us this year and expect to be one of our key players and he was selected with the 2nd pick of the 2nd round.

Second and most importantly this isn't a scout decisions. your current players aren't resigned because the scouts watched film on them. If our coaches spend all day with these guys and need a scout to tell them he should be resigned then shame on our coaches.

Lastly, this is a big discussion about a guy who will either fill out the bottom of the roster or be cut. As long as his contract matches that, then it really isn't a huge deal. If we need him as one of our "best 53" it is more an indictment on the current roster than anything else. He is an extra piece. Signing him isn't a huge problem...passing on or not recognizing others for another year that were available and going into the draft with 3 safeties that suck in coverage and a rookie that isn't a lock to play safety is the troubling part of this.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that. Coaches/scouts whatever. They have seen this guy for 3 yrs. There has to be something they like. He seems to find his way on the field during games, only to make us cringe as fans. I've cussed the TV plenty when I see him roaming the secondary. The contract may make him " best 53". Best 53 is different than 53 best.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all of your guys get on the field at some point. It's the NFL and guys get hurt. Add to that how crappy the guys in front of him were in coverage (Church can't cover at all and Wilcox can't seem to learn what his responsibilities are) and it opens up a door for him. This is why my main point is why was no one else brought in? If you don't learn from your shortcomings from prior years you have no one but yourself to blame when they happen all over again. The same can be said for QB if we go into the season with a super star starter that is just going to get more fragile as each year goes by and a backup no better than Kellen Moore. The bottom of your roster is very important and should be treated as such.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just hard to have the perfect team now days- meaning good everywhere. We always seem to neglect Safety. In saying that, only a couple of teams seem to have it all in a given year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just hard to have the perfect team now days- meaning good everywhere. We always seem to neglect Safety. In saying that, only a couple of teams seem to have it all in a given year.
Totally agree. I'm not looking for super stars at the bottom of the roster here. Which is why the positions I'd want to make sure my depth is strongest at would be those that my starters are weak, those that my starters are injury prone and those that are most important to a Football team. Another thing I'd like is the bottom of the roster to be filled with guys that can improve in the future and become contributors. I don't see a guy like Heath improving too much at this point. I never complain about us keeping an UDFA we think could develop. I actually kind of like it.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all of your guys get on the field at some point. It's the NFL and guys get hurt. Add to that how crappy the guys in front of him were in coverage (Church can't cover at all and Wilcox can't seem to learn what his responsibilities are) and it opens up a door for him. This is why my main point is why was no one else brought in? If you don't learn from your shortcomings from prior years you have no one but yourself to blame when they happen all over again. The same can be said for QB if we go into the season with a super star starter that is just going to get more fragile as each year goes by and a backup no better than Kellen Moore. The bottom of your roster is very important and should be treated as such.
On point!!! This year going into the season banking on Romo's health, is dumb. I hope they have a better plan for a back up QB then Moore.