• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sabean needs to make a big move right now

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team in the middle of a 6 game losing streak. Team needs a bump big time. Trade deadline is up let's go. Just go for it Sabes. Something hopefully in the works for the 31st tomorrow.

Go Giants !!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team in the middle of a 6 game losing streak. Team needs a bump big time. Trade deadline is up let's go. Just go for it Sabes. Something hopefully in the works for the 31st tomorrow.

Go Giants !!

No one trade will fix this. The plane has a broken wing, a fire in the #2 engine and is in a complete nose dive. Buying new tires won't save the passengers.

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one trade will fix this. The plane has a broken wing, a fire in the #2 engine and is in a complete nose dive. Buying new tires won't save the passengers.

What if we trade for that captain that landed the plane on the Hudson River?

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As with most things in life, we weren't as good as we thought we were when we were at our "best", and we aren't as bad as we think we are now.

In a realistic scenario, on the minus side, we aren't getting Zobrist, and Cain isn't coming back this year.

But also realistically, on the plus side, we should get Pagan and Belt back. Morse could find his stroke. And the "big move" Sabean could make, to roll the dice, is to sign Castillo (screw it, just outbid everyone - sounds like 5/40 or 6/50 would do it - that's not horrible in the big picture), and put him at 2B for this year.

CF Pagan
RF Pence
3B Sandoval
C Posey
LF Morse
1B Belt
2B Castillo
SS Crawford
P Bum, Huddy, Timmy, Vogey, Jake
BP FYWW

If the four plus side things could happen in the next week or so, we would be looking strong for the playoffs if not the division.

It only takes a spark to get a fire going.

Zechariah 4:10 (NASB) - "For who has despised the day of small things?"

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As with most things in life, we weren't as good as we thought we were when we were at our "best", and we aren't as bad as we think we are now.

In a realistic scenario, on the minus side, we aren't getting Zobrist, and Cain isn't coming back this year.

But also realistically, on the plus side, we should get Pagan and Belt back. Morse could find his stroke. And the "big move" Sabean could make, to roll the dice, is to sign Castillo (screw it, just outbid everyone - sounds like 5/40 or 6/50 would do it - that's not horrible in the big picture), and put him at 2B for this year.

CF Pagan
RF Pence
3B Sandoval
C Posey
LF Morse
1B Belt
2B Castillo
SS Crawford
P Bum, Huddy, Timmy, Vogey, Jake
BP FYWW

If the four plus side things could happen in the next week or so, we would be looking strong for the playoffs if not the division.

It only takes a spark to get a fire going.

Zechariah 4:10 (NASB) - "For who has despised the day of small things?"

This is well said, and where I sit now. Although I think Castillo is a long shot at best.

It's just fucked up watching this team try to hit, but it's a mid season summer slump and all it did was take us from where we didn't 'deserve to be' to the thick of playoff contention in July. There are 17-18 teams at least that have it worse than us this year.

Naturally we may not make it to the playoffs, but the guys we have, when healthy, have career numbers better than what we are seeing (except Pence I guess). 3 of 8 positions are being filled in with scrubs, if that doesn't change obviously we aren't a playoff team. If it does we still are.

It's only in hindsight we look at 2010 or 2012 and say 'THAT team was awesome, look what they did' when during those years we went through horrific stretches where it looked like no way that team was a playoff team. We're having one now. And it may turn out to be we're not. But it may turn out like 2010 or 2012 when there were plenty of stretches where we didn't look like a playoff team.

Just my 2 cents, we're all free to believe in these guys or not to. I'm still on the wagon.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fear not, giants fans....you guys are heading to NY this weekend to face my team....and the Mets always have a knack for ending opposing team's losing streaks, their hitting slumps and other struggles. I'm sure SF will take 2 of 3, or wind up sweeping us.

:L

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fear not, giants fans....you guys are heading to NY this weekend to face my team....and the Mets always have a knack for ending opposing team's losing streaks, their hitting slumps and other struggles. I'm sure SF will take 2 of 3, or wind up sweeping us.

:L

See? Everyone thinks their own team sucks.

My A's fan colleague at work isn't even enjoying Oakland's run this year. I ask him about it and he says 'oh those guys are built for the regular season, not the playoffs, I'm sure we'll miss the World Series again'

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See? Everyone thinks their own team sucks.

My A's fan colleague at work isn't even enjoying Oakland's run this year. I ask him about it and he says 'oh those guys are built for the regular season, not the playoffs, I'm sure we'll miss the World Series again'

"My team sucks worse than your team!"

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if we trade for that captain that landed the plane on the Hudson River?

Hey, have you tried the drink that has taken New York by storm the last 5 years or so? It's called the "Sully" and it's very simple : two shots of Grey Goose, finished with a splash of water!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is well said, and where I sit now. Although I think Castillo is a long shot at best.

It's just fucked up watching this team try to hit, but it's a mid season summer slump and all it did was take us from where we didn't 'deserve to be' to the thick of playoff contention in July. There are 17-18 teams at least that have it worse than us this year.

Naturally we may not make it to the playoffs, but the guys we have, when healthy, have career numbers better than what we are seeing (except Pence I guess). 3 of 8 positions are being filled in with scrubs, if that doesn't change obviously we aren't a playoff team. If it does we still are.

It's only in hindsight we look at 2010 or 2012 and say 'THAT team was awesome, look what they did' when during those years we went through horrific stretches where it looked like no way that team was a playoff team. We're having one now. And it may turn out to be we're not. But it may turn out like 2010 or 2012 when there were plenty of stretches where we didn't look like a playoff team.

Just my 2 cents, we're all free to believe in these guys or not to. I'm still on the wagon.

So the Late 70's until Humm Baby was just a slump? How long are slumps allowed to last?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3