• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban's Right

Sabansjoylessmurderball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowherd and Klatt thought so as well.

Oh yeah, Klatt played in the B12...

Klatt has a weekly call into one of the local sports radio stations here. One of the funniest occurrences during this run is the flip flop he’s done on Saban and Bama over the last 5 or 6 seasons.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet they schedule Arkansas State, Louisiana, and the Citadel as three of their four non conference games.
Saban is smart. Why not have some tune up games to rest some players if needed mid season. As long as he can make it to the playoffs with this system he will continue. Very smart.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was interviewed, and people care what he has to say. He won’t be keeping his mouth closed, nor should he as long as idiots like those posting in here keep opening theirs.

:lol:

Like I said when you play one power five team in non conference I take his opinion with a grain of salt. He isn't living what he's trying to preach.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said when you play one power five team in non conference I take his opinion with a grain of salt. He isn't living what he's trying to preach.

1. He isn’t preaching. He was asked a question and answered it.

2. He said what rules he thinks would be best for the game. Those rules aren’t in place.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No sir, there is only Team SEC and nothing else. If you don't believe me, just ask them.
As soon as Northwestern fans start chanting B-1-G, B-1-G, I am ready to agree with you. Until then, there is only one "Team SEC".

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big 12 can thank Larry Scott that they aren't the biggest joke-a-P5 conference going right now.
Pac 12 > Big 12 cuz 12 > 10!

IrishBlooded

Bewbs or it didn't happen
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still say you have decide if you want to be traditional college football. Or if you want to be the NFL jr. because you can’t be both.

Personally I say take the P5 schools. Conference them all up. Yes including ND. Tell them if they want in the playoff. Then no playing FCS teams. If you do. You can go to a bowl. Just no playoff.

Then you will find out who is serious about championships. And who is serious about just making money off of tickets

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I'm completely fine with scheduling FCS teams. It's a win-win for these teams. It gives the FBS school a chance to fine-tune their offense without extreme risk of injuries. It gives the FCS players the chance to play against superstars (a ton of young guys would love the chance to play Tua or Lawrence). And it gives a big paycheck to the FCS, which largely helps fund their athletic programs (men and women). Without it, their teams would be nowhere near profitable, many would go under, and many kids who get scholarships would lose their chances at a higher education.

That said, Saban is being a whiny bitch. First, you definitely can't claim UGA was a top 4 team anymore. I thought they were a top 3 team, but I was wrong. They played 4 tough games, lost 3, and were crushed in 2. They seem to be bottom of the top 10, below Texas and LSU. Alabama had a pretty decent strength of schedule when all was said and done. That said, they do get advantages, like scheduling a complete cupcake (the citadel) before their rivalry week, which they do every year. Ohio State played a decent Maryland and Oklahoma played a pretty good TCU and a great Army in the weeks leading up to Texas. Saban also fully takes advantage of the system, not having played an out of conference road game in 8 years. He definitely can't whine about not being on a level playing field.

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 wins against top 25 seeds.

Your move you mentally deficient fornicater
4 wins against top 25 teams and still get their shit pushed in during bowl season. Er wait, how does Notre Dame do in the Pinstripe Bowl?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one has a conference we're all fans unless you play for Colorado football. The point is Saban saying everyone should only play Power Five non conference with that as his mom conference slate is laughable. Through Notre Dame's season they played as many power give opponents as Saban's Alabama. Also you're team went 5-7 sit down bitch.

...and the only time you've made the playoffs/bcs were years your schedule went to shit....and then got blown out. If you played more than a half assed ACC schedule, you would have already lost to Clemson and we wouldn't have to watch you get ass raped yet again.