• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban signs Bama extension... Texas meltdown in 3... 2... 1...

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And who wants to say this Alabama contract extension was Saban's plan B, and he was waiting for the politics to settle at Texas.

If Texas offers Saban the mentioned $10 million/year (which not saying if such an offer exists or not, only that Texas does have the capital to offer it) who honestly believes Saban would turn that down?

First off, since he has signed the extension(second this year) and he has said on numerous occasions this year that he is not leaving, i feel that he would honor what he has signed(twice this year).

Secondly, i dont think Texas is so stupid as to offer a man who is 2 months shy of Macks age that kind of money when there are coaches who are younger and have upside over what Mack has been doing and could turn the program around without looking like fools for offering a pot of gold to the same age coach. Money does tend to count when its being spent foolishly and that would be a foolish endeavor for them to embark upon for a few years with no guarantees he would win a title or even be able to compete well in the offense heavy defense weak Big 12.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you. My thought is I am wondering who has been blowing sunshine up his ass to make him think he has never done something that he should regret, or maybe had a situation not go as planned that turned badly for him that he just ignored and doesnt want to admit it to himself. Let he who has never told a white lie or mis-spoke cast the first stone, otherwise he needs to STFU and realize that even the Great Saban has some faults and regrets.

There is none so blind as those that will not see. Just look at Saban's job history, he jumped from paycheck to paycheck. He holds no love for the places he coaches. As long as it adds to the glory and wealth of Nick Saban he does not care one iota where he is the coach at. And he can win just as many championships at Texas as he can at Alabama, so if Texas pays more better believe he will jump.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, since he has signed the extension(second this year) and he has said on numerous occasions this year that he is not leaving, i feel that he would honor what he has signed(twice this year).

Just like he honored his commitment to stay with the Miami Dolphins? The contract extension means nothing, contracts are just a paper to these coaches.

Secondly, i dont think Texas is so stupid as to offer a man who is 2 months shy of Macks age that kind of money when there are coaches who are younger and have upside over what Mack has been doing and could turn the program around without looking like fools for offering a pot of gold to the same age coach. Money does tend to count when its being spent foolishly and that would be a foolish endeavor for them to embark upon for a few years with no guarantees he would win a title or even be able to compete well in the offense heavy defense weak Big 12.

Except for Saban is the biggest name in college coaching right now and has 4 title rings (3 within the last 5 years).

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is none so blind as those that will not see. Just look at Saban's job history, he jumped from paycheck to paycheck. He holds no love for the places he coaches. As long as it adds to the glory and wealth of Nick Saban he does not care one iota where he is the coach at. And he can win just as many championships at Texas as he can at Alabama, so if Texas pays more better believe he will jump.

Everyone finds a time in there life they want to plant roots and money is not something he is short of now is it. We all know his past, but that doesnt mean he is going to continue on that same path when he has all he wants and needs right at his finger tips and can win titles, get facilities built, has full, and i do mean full control, of his program and recruits flock to the school with ease. He can sign almost any assistant he wants if he loses one to another school for a higher position. I really cant see what he could get at Texas that he doesnt get at Alabama. I can however see one thing he most likely would ntot get at Texas that is most important to him, that he gets at Alabama, and thats full control of this program. Mack certainly hasnt had it and Saban knows this all too well.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like he honored his commitment to stay with the Miami Dolphins? The contract extension means nothing, contracts are just a paper to these coaches.

Except for Saban is the biggest name in college coaching right now and has 4 title rings (3 within the last 5 years).

He was told he could leave Miami by the owner(who he is friends with) and there would be no hard feelings. Funny that he asked for permission to get out of his original contract(not an extension) at Miami, but you feel its the same as if had just signed an extension and told the world about it using the words retire at Alabama and We feel like this is home. Cant say i have ever heard him say that anywhere else...can you?

Biggest name that is 2 months shy of Mack's age. Teams dont make rash decisions to fire an old coach and replace him with one that is the same age no matter what he brings to the table. Mack and Saban are really good friends and i am sure Mack has filled Saban in on what he would be in for, not to mention Saban's style does not fit the Big 12 or Texas. You need to move on because its apparent you have some deep seeded hate for Saban that drips from your words everytime you post.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He apologized 1000x for that and said that he made a mistake. What do you want from him? Obviously you don't like him at all because you're still hanging on to something that happened 7 years ago.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone finds a time in there life they want to plant roots and money is not something he is short of now is it. We all know his past, but that doesnt mean he is going to continue on that same path when he has all he wants and needs right at his finger tips and can win titles, get facilities built, has full, and i do mean full control, of his program and recruits flock to the school with ease. He can sign almost any assistant he wants if he loses one to another school for a higher position. I really cant see what he could get at Texas that he doesnt get at Alabama. I can however see one thing he most likely would ntot get at Texas that is most important to him, that he gets at Alabama, and thats full control of this program. Mack certainly hasnt had it and Saban knows this all too well.

De Nile ain't just a river in Africa.

Listen, it's not like I am making a prediction one way or the other on whether Saban stays at Alabama or goes to Texas. Only making the observation as a neutral party that nothing in Saban's history makes me believe he will stay if Texas is willing to pony up. Because to the bold, I can think of one thing he can get at Texas, more money.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He apologized 1000x for that and said that he made a mistake. What do you want from him? Obviously you don't like him at all because you're still hanging on to something that happened 7 years ago.

Just like his contract with the Dolphins, that apology is just words to Saban. And actions speak louder than words.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Listen, it's not like I am making a prediction one way or the other on whether Saban stays at Alabama or goes to Texas. Only making the observation as a neutral party that nothing in Saban's history makes me believe he will stay if Texas is willing to pony up. Because to the bold, I can think of one thing he can get at Texas, more money.

IF Texas wants to pay him 15 million a year fine. But he'd also have a hell of a lot more to deal with at Texas than he does at Bama.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biased? To you not see I am a Michigan fan? I got no horse in this race and honestly don't care if he stays or goes. Before you talk about bias, take a look in the mirror there buddy.

But let's put it this way, Lane Kiffin left Tennessee after only one year of a six year contract, and Saban has about character as Kiffin. He just gets away with it because Saban's a damn good coach. If the price is right, Nick Saban will drop Alabama like a bad habit.

I said you weren't biased, you are just a dumbass who never says anything intelligent, regardless of it's about Alabama or not.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like his contract with the Dolphins, that apology is just words to Saban. And actions speak louder than words.

He's stayed at Bama longer than he has anywhere else hasn't he? Does that action not count? He didn't leave 3 years ago when everyone said he would leave for the NFL. He didn't leave last year. What actions are you looking forward?

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its pretty easily obtained stats.
2-6 in Big 12 2010
4-5 in Big 12 2011
5-4 in Big 12 2012
7-2 in Big 12 2013

I want better improvement as well. I want faster improvement.
But, I cannot sit and say the team is not improving each season.

All we hear is tired ass clichés like Mack is 18-17 in his last 4 years.
So I guess if he goes 8-1 in 2014, then we will hear that Mack is 26-18 in his last 5 years.
When does the statute of limitations for the 2010 season expire?

Our expectations couldn't get much further apart. I guess it doesn't matter now. He's done. I was pretty sure I saw on everyones faces last night in the crowd. Time to move on.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me put it this way, if Saban's commitment to Alabama was so strong, why did the contract extension raise his salary by about $1 million? He already was the highest paid coach in college football, and that was a big jump. If he truly cared about Alabama, he would have down played the rumors with the Alabama folks and signed a deal that at most had a nominal increase.

Fact is he milked this situation to at minimum get $7 million from Alabama (higher than several NFL coaches), and maybe more from Texas.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's stayed at Bama longer than he has anywhere else hasn't he? Does that action not count? He didn't leave 3 years ago when everyone said he would leave for the NFL. He didn't leave last year. What actions are you looking forward?

That guy is just clueless. Try reading the politics forum sometimes. Says some of the dumbest things you will ever read.

Just yesterday he claimed that people love their guns more than their children.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you honestly believe they would pony up 10 mil per year? If they did they would be the laughing stock of college football.
And honestly I dont think that Texas would try to out bid Alabama to that level for a coach that age when they can find one much younger that can do what they want and at half the price. Just because you can spend a million dollars a pate for a meal doesnt mean you have to. sometimes intelligence has to come into play. Lastly I imagine if Bama wanted to pay that for a coach, they could, its not like Alabama is a poor old broke school, especially since the surplus each year after the expenses haves been paid has been close to 15-20 million. We have the money, but why blow it foolishly when we dont have to and that goes for Texas also.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably because there was no other opening that would pay him the kind of money Alabama does. He already makes more than some NFL coaches, and given his failure at the Dolphins I doubt he is high on any NFL team's coaches wish list. And there have only been a handful of major college jobs open since he took the Alabama job.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you honestly believe they would pony up 10 mil per year? If they did they would be the laughing stock of college football.

And honestly I dont think that Texas would try to out bid Alabama to that level for a coach that age when they can find one much younger that can do what they want and at half the price. Just because you can spend a million dollars a pate for a meal doesnt mean you have to. sometimes intelligence has to come into play. Lastly I imagine if Bama wanted to pay that for a coach, they could, its not like Alabama is a poor old broke school, especially since the surplus each year after the expenses haves been paid has been close to 15-20 million. We have the money, but why blow it foolishly when we dont have to and that goes for Texas also.

Honestly, no I don't think they would. But it wouldn't surprise me, and if they did Saban would jump at that deal.

See here's the difference I'm trying to make, another name that keeps popping up when there is major job opening is Pat Fitzgerald of Northwestern. But I doubt he'll leave no matter the money because he actually loves that school. The job is more than a paycheck to Pat. But Nick? Any team willing to open their wallet enough can land him, he is little more than a gun for hire to the highest bidder. Granted though he is a very expensive gun for hire.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably because there was no other opening that would pay him the kind of money Alabama does. He already makes more than some NFL coaches, and given his failure at the Dolphins I doubt he is high on any NFL team's coaches wish list. And there have only been a handful of major college jobs open since he took the Alabama job.

Oh so now its because there were no other openings. Didn't Michigan, OSU, ND, USC, TN, Florida, Texas now and so on and so forth all replace coaches in the time that Saban has coached at Bama? He was mentioned several times as pulling a "Pete Carroll" and leaving for the NFL in the last few years (Cleveland being one of those teams) and guess what, he didn't leave.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, no I don't think they would. But it wouldn't surprise me, and if they did Saban would jump at that deal.

See here's the difference I'm trying to make, another name that keeps popping up when there is major job opening is Pat Fitzgerald of Northwestern. But I doubt he'll leave no matter the money because he actually loves that school. The job is more than a paycheck to Pat. But Nick? Any team willing to open their wallet enough can land him, he is little more than a gun for hire to the highest bidder. Granted though he is a very expensive gun for hire.

So Pat Fitzgerald = Nick Saban? I'd say Nick Saban has accomplished a lot more than Pat Fitzgerald and thus deserves a higher pay check.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me put it this way, if Saban's commitment to Alabama was so strong, why did the contract extension raise his salary by about $1 million? He already was the highest paid coach in college football, and that was a big jump. If he truly cared about Alabama, he would have down played the rumors with the Alabama folks and signed a deal that at most had a nominal increase.

Fact is he milked this situation to at minimum get $7 million from Alabama (higher than several NFL coaches), and maybe more from Texas.

Alabama is the one that set the price they wanted to raise him and its not in total salary, its in incentive based bonuses that will kick in for SEC titles, National titles etc. He knows what the deal is and how to get the top money, its not all Salary.