• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban signs Bama extension... Texas meltdown in 3... 2... 1...

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That guy is just clueless. Try reading the politics forum sometimes. Says some of the dumbest things you will ever read.

Just yesterday he claimed that people love their guns more than their children.

One, ad hominem and irrelevant.

Two, truth hurts, doesn't it?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One, ad hominem and irrelevant.

Two, truth hurts, doesn't it?

It's not an ad hominem when it's true. You really are a dumbass. It's a fact.

Deal with it.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Pat Fitzgerald = Nick Saban? I'd say Nick Saban has accomplished a lot more than Pat Fitzgerald and thus deserves a higher pay check.

Yes, Saban has more rings than Fitzgerald, but Saban has had the benefit of coaching at a blue blood program. Fitzgerald took what was a bottom feeder program and made them a force to contend with. Let's put it this way, Fitzgerald has had more success in the Big Ten than Saban did while he was the coach of MSU.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not an ad hominem when it's true. You really are a dumbass. It's a fact.

Deal with it.

Well if you say so..................................:rollseyes:

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama is the one that set the price they wanted to raise him and its not in total salary, its in incentive based bonuses that will kick in for SEC titles, National titles etc. He knows what the deal is and how to get the top money, its not all Salary.

And why did they set the price? Because they were afraid of Texas. There was absolutely zero reasons to give Saban that much of a raise, unless of course Alabama was scared of Texas paying more.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Saban has more rings than Fitzgerald, but Saban has had the benefit of coaching at a blue blood program. Fitzgerald took what was a bottom feeder program and made them a force to contend with. Let's put it this way, Fitzgerald has had more success in the Big Ten than Saban did while he was the coach of MSU.

They lost 7 of their last 8 games in the BIG. They're a force to be reckoned with alright.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you say so..................................:rollseyes:

Nope, it's a consensus.

And if you weren't so dumb, the fact that you are the only one who thinks the shit you type might would clue you in.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They lost 7 of their last 8 games in the BIG. They're a force to be reckoned with alright.

Ok, let's just look at this past year not the sum total of his seven years with Northwestern :rollseyes:. Going into this season Northwestern was a favorite to win the Legends division, while it is understatement to say that didn't quite pan out, before Fitzgerald arrived they were never the favorite to win anything. He also lead them to their first bowl victory since 1948.

Context is important my friend.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, it's a consensus.

And if you weren't so dumb, the fact that you are the only one who thinks the shit you type might would clue you in.

Says the guy who's only debating strategy is what he learned in the 2nd grade, just call the other guy names and not actually debate the points he brings up (textbook ad hominem)

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the guy who's only debating strategy is what he learned in the 2nd grade, just call the other guy names and not actually debate the points he brings up (textbook ad hominem)

You don't say anything that is even debatable. If you want to sit and argue the color of the sky, you go right ahead. I'm going to look over at you and just say - what a dumbass.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And now outright fraud, that isn't a quote from me.

So with that, I am done with you. If you want to have an adult conversation, I'll be more than happy to have one. But until then, have fun at the kiddie table.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, let's just look at this past year not the sum total of his seven years with Northwestern :rollseyes:. Going into this season Northwestern was a favorite to win the Legends division, while it is understatement to say that didn't quite pan out, before Fitzgerald arrived they were never the favorite to win anything. He also lead them to their first bowl victory since 1948.

Context is important my friend.

He's had 1 10 win season, 1 bowl win, 1 top 25 finish and more losing seasons than winning seasons. He may be a decent coach but he isn't setting the world on fire. And you want to talk about his allegiance to Northwestern? He played there. Saban never played for Bama. Coaches tend to be more loyal to schools they played for.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's had 1 10 win season, 1 bowl win, 1 top 25 finish and more losing seasons than winning seasons. He may be a decent coach but he isn't setting the world on fire. And you want to talk about his allegiance to Northwestern? He played there. Saban never played for Bama. Coaches tend to be more loyal to schools they played for.

Tell that to Rich Rod.

But then again, that's kind my point. Saban has no loyalty to Alabama outside of his salary. And if Texas wants to one up Alabama, Saban will switch sides faster than a Republican on a Republican idea that was adopted by the Obama administration.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now outright fraud, that isn't a quote from me.

So with that, I am done with you. If you want to have an adult conversation, I'll be more than happy to have one. But until then, have fun at the kiddie table.

outright fraud? :lol:

It's what you were saying, Northwestern was good because they were hyped.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell that to Rich Rod.

But then again, that's kind my point. Saban has no loyalty to Alabama outside of his salary. And if Texas wants to one up Alabama, Saban will switch sides faster than a Republican on a Republican idea that was adopted by the Obama administration.

And that's my point. Comparing Fitzgerald to Saban isn't exactly fair. And whose to say Saban hasn't been loyal to Alabama? Through all the rumors and coaching offers over the last several years Saban has stayed with Bama

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's my point. Comparing Fitzgerald to Saban isn't exactly fair. And whose to say Saban hasn't been loyal to Alabama? Through all the rumors and coaching offers over the last several years Saban has stayed with Bama

Truth is, Saban has exactly 1 extra job than Bear, the NFL gig.

This guy is clueless on what the coaching ladder is. Don't know why you waste your time.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe I'm just that out of touch, but what rumors and coaching offers? As far as I know the Saban to Texas rumor is the only one that has gained any serious traction. Besides like I said, it is also the only one that makes sense. Outside of the NFL (which I doubt will ever seriously look at Saban again) there is only a handful of schools that can pay Saban the kind of money that Alabama does. And that's why the Texas rumor gained so much traction, because it is one of the few.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth is, Saban has exactly 1 extra job than Bear, the NFL gig.

This guy is clueless on what the coaching ladder is. Don't know why you waste your time.

I really have nothing better to do right now but I'm outta here

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I would ever rub it in, but I sure wish I could remember which Texas fan it was that told me that "Texas was going to show USC how a coaching search and hire is done right"!! That prediction has turned into an OD level epic fail!!

That was me and I stand by it. Texas won't hire some guy who has never won more than 8 games like USC did. You don't hand the keys to a guy who hasn't proven he can drive a car like USC or Texas. Your hire just might turn out to be great. It sure looks like a gamble though to everyone on the outside.