• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban signs Bama extension... Texas meltdown in 3... 2... 1...

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was never confirmed one way or the other what Texas was doing.

It is starting to look like it was entirely a gigantic pile of internet rumor mongering.

There is such a rush to be "FIRST ONE REPORTING IT....." that just about every absurd premise was suggested.

It looks like the whole thing will end up as a big YAWNNNNNNN.....

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been hearing some talk about Tomlin going to Tejas... It's yinzers though so I'm not buying it.

Tomlin will be the next head coach of the Tennessee Titans. :nod:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes the right candidate just isn't available that year. Texas situation is complicated, but they can wait another year.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this means is that Saban is off the table.

That doesn't mean Mack doesn't still retire or get forced out. We really are no closer to knowing what's going on.

What I'm hearing is that Mack was PISSED this got leaked so he decided NOT to retire as planned. I still don't think he's the UT coach come the start of next season. It serves no purpose to have him another year UNLESS you believe he is the long term solution at HC. I don't think anyone can say they really believe that, including his best friends.

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely Saban negotiating for a better contract(more money). Nothing new here. Just on a bigger stage than normal. All the rumors helped, no doubt. Bama's happy. Saban's happy. The B12, other than UT perhaps, is happy.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this means is that Saban is off the table.

That doesn't mean Mack doesn't still retire or get forced out. We really are no closer to knowing what's going on.

What I'm hearing is that Mack was PISSED this got leaked so he decided NOT to retire as planned. I still don't think he's the UT coach come the start of next season. It serves no purpose to have him another year UNLESS you believe he is the long term solution at HC. I don't think anyone can say they really believe that, including his best friends.

Not trolling...but OU fans probably think he's the best coach for Texas

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trolling...but OU fans probably think he's the best coach for Texas

I'd say this is a fair assessment. OU has enjoyed a 9-6 advantage over UT since Brown/Stoops went head to head.

Mack is a good guy. No matter which path he chooses(or is chosen for him), I wish him the best.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me make one thing clear. I want Mack gone as the coach at UT.

However, I still really care about the man, and I want him associated with the university even after his coaching days. He's done a LOT for us, and I appreciate all he's done. I just don't think he can coach anymore.

Didn't want to sound like a jerk here, because I DO appreciate him. But it's time for him to ride off into the sunset.....

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no reason to end up like Tennessee or Michigan.

Those lesson were learned the hard way and are still being learned today.

MACK recruits. MACK fundraises. MACK doesn't get in any NCAA or legal troubles.

If there is not a clear plan with a superstar coach, there is no reason to make a change for change sake.

I would rather take my chance that Mack turns 9-4 into 11-2 than overturn the entire thing for a secondary candidate.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack has the lower percentage of winning conference champions/season since before DKR.
Mack is the first HC at Texas to have 4 straight 4 loss seasons.
Mack is throwing a fit, because he's not going to be allowed to retire when he wants.
Mack will be fired, probably shortly after the bowl game and a new coach will be announced before the no contact recruiting period ends on Jan 15.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no reason to end up like Tennessee or Michigan.

Those lesson were learned the hard way and are still being learned today.

MACK recruits. MACK fundraises. MACK doesn't get in any NCAA or legal troubles.

If there is not a clear plan with a superstar coach, there is no reason to make a change for change sake.

I would rather take my chance that Mack turns 9-4 into 11-2 than overturn the entire thing for a secondary candidate.

:agree: A lot of folks seem to think that firing the coach is going to fix everything. It's not that simple. Many times, firing the coach is the easy part and finding someone better proves to be much harder.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely Saban negotiating for a better contract(more money). Nothing new here. Just on a bigger stage than normal. All the rumors helped, no doubt. Bama's happy. Saban's happy. The B12, other than UT perhaps, is happy.
Jimmy Sexton is an expert puppet master he got Saban, Malzahn and Sumlin all huge raises just by floating rumors. Last year it was Strong, Gundy and Miles.

It will never stop this is the way the game is played now if someone flinches they may just lose their coach. 7 million it's almost insane money.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but Saban's new contract is going to have him earning over 7 Million a year.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: A lot of folks seem to think that firing the coach is going to fix everything. It's not that simple. Many times, firing the coach is the easy part and finding someone better proves to be much harder.
Ask Tennessee think they wish they had kept Phil?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Sexton is an expert puppet master he got Saban, Malzahn and Sumlin all huge raises just by floating rumors. Last year it was Strong, Gundy and Miles.

It will never stop this is the way the game is played now if someone flinches they may just lose their coach. 7 million it's almost insane money.

And Bill Battle and the President of UofA think he's worth every penny.:lol: