• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ryan Williams

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO Hampton says IT ALL

Hampton?

No one is pushing a "hokie agenda" here, not that it would matter if we were, since nothing we say or do (or you either) will have any affect on how Williams' career in Dallas plays out. We have watched Ru play much more than any Dallas fan (unless he's a VT and Dallas fan), so we thought we might be able to give some insight on what we saw in his days as at Lane Stadium. That's it.

Given his NFL career so far, you're entitled to be skeptical, but as has been pointed out, there is really not much down side to this deal. I for one, hope that he comes out and kills it (except when they play NY), but time will tell.

As for Logan Thomas, yeah there were high hopes after his first year as a starter, then he lost all of the NFL talent around him, new receivers, no running game, questionable (to put it mildly) QB coaching and OC, he regressed. Again, there is not really much of a down side for his pick up either, he has a huge ceiling as most of his issues are correctable with good coaching and time to learn, so again, time will tell.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just figured if you were gonna post a gif asking if I'm stupid ..... with Hampton as your location that was just funny as hell.

Heroin Hell Virginia buddy.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just figured if you were gonna post a gif asking if I'm stupid ..... with Hampton as your location that was just funny as hell.

Heroin Hell Virginia buddy.

ah, Hampton Roads, not Hampton

Hampton Roads is Hampton, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Portsmouth, Norfolk, Suffolk, Newport News...i did do construction work in Hampton one summer though

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ah, Hampton Roads, not Hampton

Hampton Roads is Hampton, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Portsmouth, Norfolk, Suffolk, Newport News...i did do construction work in Hampton one summer though

I live about 2 1/2 hours from there... LOL don't let the Dallas, Spurs thing throw you off.... I live in Va

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the signing was announced I just shrugged my shoulders because I really don't know too much about him. I just figured he'd have a SHOT at winning a spot but it won't be given to him automatically.

What I did learn today is DO NOT dis a Hokie player. Their fans will come out in droves with their support.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the signing was announced I just shrugged my shoulders because I really don't know too much about him. I just figured he'd have a SHOT at winning a spot but it won't be given to him automatically.

What I did learn today is DO NOT dis a Hokie player. Their fans will come out in droves with their support.

HAHA Im a Hokie fan and wasnt expecting it

Some just hold their players higher than they are. Is what it is. Every Dallas fan should be used to this with Jerry over the years

We learned that with Gerald Scentsofshit

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHA Im a Hokie fan and wasnt expecting it

Some just hold their players higher than they are. Is what it is. Every Dallas fan should be used to this with Jerry over the years

We learned that with Gerald Scentsofshit

LOL, it's not just Jerry. How many fans will refuse to trade player "A" who they got in the 4th unless they get a 1st Rd pick for him.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, it's not just Jerry. How many fans will refuse to trade player "A" who they got in the 4th unless they get a 1st Rd pick for him.

ALL SKIDS FANS .... aka Cousins

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see I didn't hide my thoughts very well.

there a true story when it comes to things ..... stats dont tell the whole story

getting your ass kicked and teams are playing the pass ..... You can rack up some rushing stats

Hell you can rack up passing stats

It's referred to as garbage time stats

I stick with what I said and my opinion .... however I think Randel is shit as well ... so let them two fight it out

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol :yahoo:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If healthy I think williams can beat out Randle. I honestly would rather see Copeland run the ball over Randl. Randle had a chance last season and he sucked

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dis a player from any team with unfounded statements and you will likely get their fans to argue back. 1,600 yards rushing as a freshman, good pass blocking skills and can catch out the backfield. I am not sure what else you want from a RB to be "NFL ready". He was a 2nd round pick, not a top 10. No one has argued he is a great NFL player because he has been hurt. Coming out of college, he was an NFL caliber RB. Beanie Wells was also an NFL caliber back who got hurt a lot in AZ. Just because he was hurt doesn't mean he wasn't NFL ready.

I think it is a great camp pick up for the Cowboys. Low risk with potential high reward.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dis a player from any team with unfounded statements and you will likely get their fans to argue back. 1,600 yards rushing as a freshman, good pass blocking skills and can catch out the backfield. I am not sure what else you want from a RB to be "NFL ready". He was a 2nd round pick, not a top 10. No one has argued he is a great NFL player because he has been hurt. Coming out of college, he was an NFL caliber RB. Beanie Wells was also an NFL caliber back who got hurt a lot in AZ. Just because he was hurt doesn't mean he wasn't NFL ready.

I think it is a great camp pick up for the Cowboys. Low risk with potential high reward.

Funny thing is Twist is also a VT fan. He dissed one of his own and other VT fans acted as though he killed someone. I already said I don't know too much about Williams, I think it's 50/50 he makes the team. I see teams picking up some WR, RB, and DL we cut or place on the PS. I haven't thought we would cut players others would want in a long time.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is Twist is also a VT fan. He dissed one of his own and other VT fans acted as though he killed someone. I already said I don't know too much about Williams, I think it's 50/50 he makes the team. I see teams picking up some WR, RB, and DL we cut or place on the PS. I haven't thought we would cut players others would want in a long time.

I'm not going all homer about it either. The film doesn't lie. He made some comment about Logan Thomas and how he is expecting us to be vouching for him to be a 1st round talent still but he is just reaching now for us to bite the bait. We all know LT is a big project for a NFL team. He went in the 4th round which was my early guess for where he would go, I thought probably the 5th just because he has intangibles that can't be taught and his flaws can be fixed. At worst he could be a great TE if QB doesn't pan out for a team. No one is arguing David Wilson had fumbling issues. He has also shown flashes of talent in NY that reminds them why they drafted him.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But right there in your post you says he is a good pass blocker ..... but our own team scouting him said that was his biggest weakness

Ryan Williams - Running Back - 5-10 - 205 - 4.61 - Virginia Tech

Drafted by the Arizona Cardinals in the 2nd round of the 2011 NFL Draft

Games Studied: 2012 Arizona Cardinals: Philadelphia, St. Louis

Williams has played a total of just five games in his NFL career. He suffered a ruptured patella tendon in his right knee during his rookie season in 2011 and a shoulder injury in 2012 that cut into his playing time. He was healthy in 2013, but was made inactive all 16 games by Bruce Arians and the new coaching staff in Arizona.

There are snaps where he looks very straight-line as a ball carrier, then others where he was able to bend the ball around the block and get up the field – he flashes that ability to make a cut when he needs to. Speed-wise, he was able to get the ball to the corner but didn’t show the ability to get around it. The wider he had to take the ball, the more likely he was going to run out of room.

In the Philadelphia game he did a much better job of making tacklers miss than he did against St. Louis. He had a nice spin move against the Eagles that allowed him to tack on some extra yards on the end of his run. There were snaps where he was able to bounce off the tacklers, keep his balance and finish the run. Then there were others where he was brought down one-on-one in the hole.

His running style is very straight forward -- small jab step, then to the hole. He’s a simple route runner, mainly in the flat. Did not see him catch any passes underneath or inside the tackle box. Hands did appear natural. Did not fight the ball when he had the chance. Was mainly in the open when the ball went in his direction, only had to make one contested catch against the Rams and the ball was knocked away.

If he is lacking in one area, it would be his pass protection. He showed the awareness to understand who he needed to take or help with, but the execution was poor. He is going to need plenty of work here because he struggles with his technique. When ask to help on the edge, he is likely to just try and throw a flipper at the rusher. He and the right tackle gave up a sack against the Eagles where he just flat whiffed on the block. The next time he had to block, he chose to cut the rusher instead of staying on his feet and hitting square. Doesn’t look comfortable at all when he has to do this.

There’s no real risk in what the front office is trying to do here. It’s clear Williams has talent, but he needs to get past the health questions to show how well he can perform.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going all homer about it either. The film doesn't lie. He made some comment about Logan Thomas and how he is expecting us to be vouching for him to be a 1st round talent still but he is just reaching now for us to bite the bait. We all know LT is a big project for a NFL team. He went in the 4th round which was my early guess for where he would go, I thought probably the 5th just because he has intangibles that can't be taught and his flaws can be fixed. At worst he could be a great TE if QB doesn't pan out for a team. No one is arguing David Wilson had fumbling issues. He has also shown flashes of talent in NY that reminds them why they drafted him.

But the film does lie IF ALL YOU ARE GOING OFF IS A HIGHLIGHT REEL

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it was a great pickup also - assuming little or no guaranteed money. There is no downside and a possible big upside. I am by no means expecting him to beat out Murray or even take snaps from Dunbar, but that doesn't make it a bad decision to bring him in to camp. But, I will agree with what Twist just said. I thought I remembered from his rookie year when AZ was deciding who would play (of course for me it was because of Fantasy Football reasons) that his pass protection was going to be a concern and likely keep him out on 3rd downs.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem looking for football players that might make you're team better.
These kinda things change in a hurry from one year to the next

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the pick up as well especially if he is at full strength. I dont see him competing with Dunbar. If Dunbar is healthy I think he has a specified role of 5 to 7 touches a game, whether it be carrying the ball or catching screen passes. I think Williams on the other hand could be a decent insurance policy if Murray happens to miss a few games- which he has in the past. Randle just hasnt really shown me much.