• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ryan Williams

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know what guy you are watching..... he is a straight ahead runner. not good around the edge and very limited pass catcher

I didn't see him hitting a hole at the line and then getting swarmed by DB's. Either the DB's in college didn't know how to take a line or he was hitting another gear and getting by them. Granted it is a highlight tape, but before the injury he had speed.

Not a huge loss if he doesn't make the team. I like him over the Baylor kid we cut.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy was taken like 37th overall coming off an injury. He obviously had plenty of NFL skill at one point. I admittedly don't know where he is at now coming off another one.

opinions vary ...... I never saw anything about him that made me think he was a NFL starter

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards fan here...the guy has played scared since his injury. He was actually healthy last year, but didn't play (he claims he tore it up during practices and was perplexed why he never ended up in games). A lot of rumors as to why, but Arians probably didn't feel he could rely on him.

Also, the small window of games he did play in the NFL he was AWFUL. Serious fumble issues and didn't take care of the ball.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see him hitting a hole at the line and then getting swarmed by DB's. Either the DB's in college didn't know how to take a line or he was hitting another gear and getting by them. Granted it is a highlight tape, but before the injury he had speed.

Not a huge loss if he doesn't make the team. I like him over the Baylor kid we cut.

LOL there is a highlight tape for everyone in college ... I can find some on kids playing pee wee league as well :suds:

and it's ACC football ..... Not like any of his big games came against top schools .... Kinda have to look at the team they are playing against as well

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suspicious: Like who?

RW only was healthy for one full year at VT and was a total beast - breaking VTs single season, and ACC freshman rushing records. He split time with David Wilson his second season, and was injured, so I am not sure how you could say he was 'used up.'

He has obviously had his share of injuries, and it's yet to be seen whether he'll be able to recover fully from him, but you're crazy to say he was nothing special when not hurt.

Here are some highlights from just his R-FR year at VT

One thing this tape does is verify what I remember about him. He looks a heck of a lot faster than 4.5-4.6 on film. Runs away from people

Last edited by a moderator:

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was an NFL talent. He was fast, shifty, and powerful. He had great vision. I haven't seen in play in a while so I can't speak to him as much now but he had everything you wanted in a RB.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL there is a highlight tape for everyone in college ... I can find some on kids playing pee wee league as well :suds:

and it's ACC football ..... Not like any of his big games came against top schools .... Kinda have to look at the team they are playing against as well

The highlight tape posted was a single season, where he played against Alabama and Nebraska - the Number 1 and Number 2 defenses in the country that year. UNC and BC also had very highly rated defenses

College Football - Statistics by Team - Rivals.com

And there aren't many guys you can find highlight films of a single season where they rushed for almost 1700 yards and 21 TDs.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:noidea:

had 71 rushing yards on 13 carries (5.46 ypc)and 42 receiving yards on 2 catches and 2 rushing TD's vs Bama in '09, the top team of that year...

had 107 yards rushing on 21 carries (5.1 ypc) and a TD vs #19 Nebraska

had 150 yards on 34 carries and 2 TD's and 40 yards receiving on 2 catches vs #9 Miami

had 100 yards on 14 carries and 1 TD, and 22 yards receiving and 1 TD on 2 catches vs #19 GT

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well yall should put him on the Bengals and the Giants ......

LMAO seems kinda funny two Hokie fans ARE HYPING HIM UP for the Cowboys.

Especially a Giants fan ..... you should have learned with Wilson

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well yall should put him on the Bengals and the Giants ......

LMAO seems kinda funny two Hokie fans ARE HYPING HIM UP for the Cowboys.

Especially a Giants fan ..... you should have learned with Wilson

No one is hyping him up, folks were asking about him and we've disputed your baseless claims about him being NFL ready out of college. In fact, multiple Hokie posters, myself included, admitted we're not 100% up to date on his current health.

His stats, tape, and the fact that he was drafted in the top of the 2nd round after coming off an injury seem to hold a lot more water than some rando guy on a message board saying '...I don't see it' when it comes to whether or not he was an NFL talent.

FWIW, I would have no problem with the Bengals picking him up going into camp. To me, he seems like a no risk guy you can give a shot to, who has potential to contribute on Sundays if he can get back to seemingly normal health.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is hyping him up, folks were asking about him and we've disputed your baseless claims about him being NFL ready out of college. In fact, multiple Hokie posters, myself included, admitted we're not 100% up to date on his current health.

His stats, tape, and the fact that he was drafted in the top of the 2nd round after coming off an injury seem to hold a lot more water than some rando guy on a message board saying '...I don't see it' when it comes to whether or not he was an NFL talent.

FWIW, I would have no problem with the Bengals picking him up going into camp. To me, he seems like a no risk guy you can give a shot to, who has potential to contribute on Sundays if he can get back to seemingly normal health.

Actually my claims hold more water than him being drafted at the top of the 2nd round. What has he done at the NFL level? What did he do in college other than one good year?

I understand you are a Tech fan and wishing him the best....... But the guy was never NFL quality.... and has not done a damn thing to show he deserved to be drafted where he was.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you remind me of the guys that claimed Vick was the best thing since corn bread..... I said before he was drafted he was a piece of shit and Jeff George with legs. A 50% passer at Tech

and these years later what is he? A back up Qb that's never played a full season, that flipped his own fans off in ATL, and a felon with ZERO rings

The best thing to come out of Tech is Hall .... and he's a loud mouth piece of shit too

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, that was never my argument. Obviously he hasn't done anything in the NFL because he's been seemingly constantly injured. That doesn't take away from his skill at full strength, which is most definitely NFL worthy.

Not sure you're how you're shocked someone getting knee surgery during the preseason of his first NFL season doesn't pan out to meet original expectations.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, that was never my argument. Obviously he hasn't done anything in the NFL because he's been seemingly constantly injured. That doesn't take away from his skill at full strength, which is most definitely NFL worthy.

Not sure you're how you're shocked someone getting knee surgery during the preseason of his first NFL season doesn't pan out to meet original expectations.

You just had an AZ fan state on here .... He wasnt always injured .... and when at full strength ... he still sucked and turned the ball over or did you miss that post?

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well since you two are obviously pushing the Hokie agenda ..... Go ahead and tell us how Logan Thomas went from being a 1st round pick to a bottom of the draft pick ....... But how he is going to be the next great thing :doh:

Homer is homer .... at any sports level

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well since you two are obviously pushing the Hokie agenda ..... Go ahead and tell us how Logan Thomas went from being a 1st round pick to a bottom of the draft pick ....... But how he is going to be the next great thing :doh:

Homer is homer .... at any sports level

tumblr_myuwbgxkBP1qhelj9o1_500.gif