• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ryan Kerrigan

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just remember Taylor coaching the Posse. Good times. My avatar for this site says it all. This trio we have now is ain't bad either.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clark, Monk, and Sanders were the trio that helped the redskins to their greatest offensive output ever, I believe.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I like the guys we have now. I didn't get to see Bobby play as long as Charley but both were great. Gary Clark is a long time favorite of mine too. He was a tough little son of a gun.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clark, Monk, and Sanders were the trio that helped the redskins to their greatest offensive output ever, I believe.
I'd have to check the stats. Has to be either 91 or 83. That 83 offense was unreal.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I like the guys we have now. I didn't get to see Bobby play as long as Charley but both were great. Gary Clark is a long time favorite of mine too. He was a tough little son of a gun.
I , like you remember Bobby in 67 , my more firm memories are when Lombardi arrived at age 7

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monk's hands were what separated him from most receivers. I'll never forget Clark dropping that sure touchdown down the right sideline in the 86 Championship game. Monk brings that in.

It just felt like Gary was the heart and soul of that team during that stretch. I just remember him ranting and raving up and down the sideline making sure everyone stayed locked in.

Watching these videos just makes me want the old uniforms back. I'm telling you. That would be an easy win for the new owner to pull off on day one.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I , like you remember Bobby in 67 , my more firm memories are when Lombardi arrived at age 7
I remember the original B. Mitch as a tailback with Cleveland, the combination of Jim Brown and Mitchell was something the league had never seen before. I actually loved the Browns back then, even though they fell second to my hometown guys. After being traded to Washington they moved him to flanker and so thereafter teamed him with the incomparable Charley Taylor who also started out as a tailback.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow....why isn't he in the hall of fame again? surprised Brian Mitchell isn't either.
i could picture carson wentz never looking Clarks way again after he hit 100 yards lol
For as much as we all hope that guys like Gary Clark, Brian Mitchell, and Joe Jacoby deserve induction into the hall of fame, we have to put aside our burgundy and gold fixations and try to see these guys through the eyes of those who vote them in. Soberly and factually there's no earthly reason why big Jake and Brian Mitchell aren't already in the hall. Clark on the other hand was never seen as elite, even though he was a four-time pro-bowler, one-time first-team all-pro, twice 2nd team all-pro, and a two-time SB champion, he was never considered a finalist for the pro football hall of fame much less even make it as a semifinalist. Call it voter bias if you wish, or perhaps voter ignorance, but these are the facts when it comes to our own Gary Clark. BTW; if you simply google... "Why Is Gary Clark Not in the Hall of Fame?" this is the very first thing that you'll see; Clark had the misfortune of playing alongside hall of Famer Art Monk, so he was outshined a bit. Clark has also become lost in history thanks to the explosion of the passing game after his career ended.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For as much as we all hope that guys like Gary Clark, Brian Mitchell, and Joe Jacoby deserve induction into the hall of fame, we have to put aside our burgundy and gold fixations and try to see these guys through the eyes of those who vote them in. Soberly and factually there's no earthly reason why big Jake and Brian Mitchell aren't already in the hall. Clark on the other hand was never seen as elite, even though he was a four-time pro-bowler, one-time first-team all-pro, twice 2nd team all-pro, and a two-time SB champion, he was never considered a finalist for the pro football hall of fame much less even make it as a semifinalist. Call it voter bias if you wish, or perhaps voter ignorance, but these are the facts when it comes to our own Gary Clark. BTW; if you simply google... "Why Is Gary Clark Not in the Hall of Fame?" this is the very first thing that you'll see; Clark had the misfortune of playing alongside hall of Famer Art Monk, so he was outshined a bit. Clark has also become lost in history thanks to the explosion of the passing game after his career ended.

Screenshot_20230121-102827_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230121-102305_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230121-102252_Chrome.jpg
Drew is in and Gary isn't. There is a Cowboys bias. This is why I feel RK would get more love if he played for the Cowboys or the Pats and had a ring or two.

If Drew is in, why isn't Gary Clark. Drew has one ring and Gary has two of them. I get that Swann has the rings, but Gary's numbers dwarf Lynn's numbers. Travesty that Gary is not in.

Last edited:

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to check the stats. Has to be either 91 or 83. That 83 offense was unreal.
Arguably the '91 team could be the BEST ever to play! Rypien was slinging the long ball to Monk, Clark & Sanders. It was impressive how deep and often we threw it to those 3. Remember the playoff game vs Falcons scoring 56 points? The Skins offense beat the brakes off Jerry Glanville that day and it was awesome. We now have a similar trio and we don't go deep very often.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arguably the '91 team could be the BEST ever to play! Rypien was slinging the long ball to Monk, Clark & Sanders. It was impressive how deep and often we threw it to those 3. Remember the playoff game vs Falcons scoring 56 points? The Skins offense beat the brakes off Jerry Glanville that day and it was awesome. We now have a similar trio and we don't go deep very often.
Sheehan always says according to analytics the 91 team was the best of all-time.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a few years on you. Bobby was here in 63 when we moved here. I think Charley was drafted in 64. Charley was drafted as a RB but clearly his position was WR. What a duo. Jerry Smith arrived a year later. Jerry should be in the HOF. He isn't I believe primarily because he was gay. They had no RB until 69 when Lombardi figured out Brown couldn't hear the snap and fixed that. Everyone in the stadium knew they were going to throw the ball. Later Sweet Pea Roy Jefferson took Mitchell's spot.

kbso, I love you brother. Monk was a hell of a possession receiver but for my money I would take Clark first. That little SOB was touch as nails. He never would have had as many receptions as Monk though.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a few years on you. Bobby was here in 63 when we moved here. I think Charley was drafted in 64. Charley was drafted as a RB but clearly his position was WR. What a duo. Jerry Smith arrived a year later. Jerry should be in the HOF. He isn't I believe primarily because he was gay. They had no RB until 69 when Lombardi figured out Brown couldn't hear the snap and fixed that. Everyone in the stadium knew they were going to throw the ball. Later Sweet Pea Roy Jefferson took Mitchell's spot.

kbso, I love you brother. Monk was a hell of a possession receiver but for my money I would take Clark first. That little SOB was touch as nails. He never would have had as many receptions as Monk though.
Woooow! You had the balls to say aloud what I didn't. Clark was that dude. Lol

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monk had better hands, but I still believe Clark was the one who kept DCs up at night.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are great things we could be doing today, and the best one is kicking their ass says Don Breaux.