• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rutgers Coach Flood "SEC wont play us"

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for "team SEC," I think it is how you define it. If you are an SEC team like Ky and start talking trash as if your team is any good because they are in the SEC, then that's stupid. Be proud of your team, and hopefully they will do something some day.

To me, being a proud member of team SEC means the following:

- I'll pull for an SEC teams against any other team OOC team they play. Why not ... as between two teams that aren't my teams it is natural to pull for the one that is in your conference.

- I'll even pull for the hated Gators if it helps my team ... I'll pull for UF over USCe if it helps the Dawgs. I'll pull for UF over FSU where it means UF has a better record and that helps UGa's SOS.

- I realize that SEC teams winning NCs and simply winning games means that the perception of SEC strength and domination with continue to grow.

- This perception, right or wrong, that the SEC is the best conference in the nation means we get the breaks when it comes to bowls, the NCCG, etc. It also means that players want to play against the best, and that clearly helps in the recruiting. And, the media and coaches seeing it that way means favorable treatment in the polls.

- I am a Dawg and Dore first, SEC fan second. But, I have no problem saying I pull for my conference, and those of you who don't simply don't understand how the game is played. That's too bad for you, good for me. What's not to like with that?

SEC, SEC, SEC

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: with 1st part of post.

And Add South Carolina to Kentucky at top of ur post. When they holler SEC SEC SEC I cant help but laugh.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for "team SEC," I think it is how you define it. If you are an SEC team like Ky and start talking trash as if your team is any good because they are in the SEC, then that's stupid. Be proud of your team, and hopefully they will do something some day.

- I'll pull for an SEC teams against any other team OOC team they play. Why not ... as between two teams that aren't my teams it is natural to pull for the one that is in your conference.

- I'll even pull for the hated Gators if it helps my team ... I'll pull for UF over USCe if it helps the Dawgs. I'll pull for UF over FSU where it means UF has a better record and that helps UGa's SOS.

- I realize that SEC teams winning NCs and simply winning games means that the perception of SEC strength and domination with continue to grow.

- This perception, right or wrong, that the SEC is the best conference in the nation means we get the breaks when it comes to bowls, the NCCG, etc. It also means that players want to play against the best, and that clearly helps in the recruiting. And, the media and coaches seeing it that way means favorable treatment in the polls.

- I am a Dawg and Dore first, SEC fan second. But, I have no problem saying I pull for my conference, and those of you who don't simply don't understand how the game is played. That's too bad for you, good for me. What's not to like with that?

SEC, SEC, SEC

this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:10::agree::suds:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SEC, SEC, SEC

I only care about SEC teams that Alabama plays because it helps their SoS.

If Alabama isn't in the hunt for a national championship, I no longer care about SoS. I also don't care if a SEC team wins the championship. I pulled for Oregon over Auburn.

Far more people attack "the SEC" than those who actually think of themselves as being "SEC". It's actually pretty dumb around here with it really. Someone says something stupid about Florida or some other SEC team, defend it and all I get in return is "Team SEC".

I do get tired of the anti-SEC crap, and that more than anything makes me defend the SEC.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Alabama isn't in the hunt for a national championship, I no longer care about SoS. I also don't care if a SEC team wins the championship. I pulled for Oregon over Auburn.

Far more people attack "the SEC" than those who actually think of themselves as being "SEC". It's actually pretty dumb around here with it really. Someone says something stupid about Florida or some other SEC team, defend it and all I get in return is "Team SEC".

I do get tired of the anti-SEC crap, and that more than anything makes me defend the SEC.

Team SEC, are ya? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kind of selfish, if you ask me. That may make sense while you are on the top as Bama is now, but stop and think why they get a rematch with LSU. Because of the perceived strength of the SEC, that's why, so you should count your blessings that there those of us who are SEC fans. Basically, Bama plays LSU instead of OkSU because they are an SEC team, so your team has been the major beneficiary of the perceived strength of the SEC - but you don't care how the other SEC teams do.

Now, while I'm kinda of knocking you, it is also apparent that with Bama winning 3 or 4, that's helped the SEC's perception quite a bit to the benefit of my teams. So I can't get too worked up about it. But, I'd rethink your "I don't care" attitude a bit ... the day will come again when you will or should.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of selfish, if you ask me. That may make sense while you are on the top as Bama is now, but stop and think why they get a rematch with LSU. Because of the perceived strength of the SEC, that's why, so you should count your blessings that there those of us who are SEC fans. Basically, Bama plays LSU instead of OkSU because they are an SEC team, so your team has been the major beneficiary of the perceived strength of the SEC - but you don't care how the other SEC teams do.

Now, while I'm kinda of knocking you, it is also apparent that with Bama winning 3 or 4, that's helped the SEC's perception quite a bit to the benefit of my teams. So I can't get too worked up about it. But, I'd rethink your "I don't care" attitude a bit ... the day will come again when you will or should.

I think Alabama got the rematch with LSU because they only lost to LSU in overtime by a FG, and Alabama actually beat LSU every where but the scoreboard in that game, and lost because of missed FG's. Not because of perceived "SEC" strength. That combined with OSU having an awful loss to a much much inferior team. LSU had one of the toughest schedules in the country that year, so that in itself provided all the strength and quality really.

I mean, if that loss had come to Kentucky, do you think it would have mattered because "SEC"? I don't. I don't think any loss to any team but LSU that year would have made the difference.

But I do sometimes still pull for other SEC teams not named Auburn or Tennessee.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May us well lead the nation in this as well...

SEC SEC SEC...

aaron-hernandez-murder.jpg

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May us well lead the nation in this as well...

SEC SEC SEC...

aaron-hernandez-murder.jpg

I guess that means the SEC is the only conference who has an ex-player who committed murder or was involved in some way with a serious crime. Because certainly no other conference has that! Can you say OJ Simpson? I guess the entire PAC 12 is full of murderers? :lame:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that means the SEC is the only conference who has an ex-player who committed murder or was involved in some way with a serious crime. Because certainly no other conference has that! Can you say OJ Simpson? I guess the entire PAC 12 is full of murderers? :lame:

Just having fun broheim....

Why_so_serious__by_Tyrite.jpeg

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I wonder how many times he's been asked? If he's been asked more than once, then when? I've been around the discussion boards since 2006. Don't remember many Bama fans til they started winning. I'm sure once Bama slides back into obscurity, you will too.

:laugh3:

Surely you've got some better material than that tired shit.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ Florida
I AM ANTONIO!!!!!

325.jpg

I AM HERNANDEZ

aaron.hernandez2.jpeg

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could tell he was going to murder people cause he's got all those tattoos...

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
..... Hey, i have that many tattoos.....:peep: