• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rutgers Coach Flood "SEC wont play us"

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you might have misread what I said Mamba.....Here's what I said: That's not a bad selling point....since playing in the SEC will get you a lot of TV time, and {as a bonus}you're playing in the best {IMO}football conference against some really great competition.

Nationwide I have no idea how tv time compares for each of the leagues.

I'm a realistic UK fan in football...and I am predicting 4 wins for UK and Coach Stoops...or... with a lot of luck and an upset....possibly 5 for this year.

In all honesty I don't think we will break the 6-7 win mark until year 3 at the earliest. Love to be proven wrong though!:whistle:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got more than just Alabama. It was SEC games all day, and not just like CBS etc. I was pretty shocked, it was a fox station out of Oakland that carried them as "SEC Network" games. If Alabama was on CBS, they'd have other games etc.

On cable I can get pretty much any game usually, but this was a local station is what was surprising. Also had the Pac12 network. I think I've seen the Stanford vs Oregon game more times than some Alabama games.

I left the west coast a few months ago btw.

Football is the only reason I keep cable TV these days.

Yeah SEC is on a ton as well. On the games that I was home maybe 5 weeks outta the season, I didnt miss one game I was interested in... PAC Network, Fox Sports, Fox, CBS Net, CBS, ND's NBC, ABC, ESPN2, ESPN, B1G network, and probably forgetting some.

But the sport of CFB is very well covered.

I usually am at games... 6 or 7 at Autzen. Usually one trip to Cali, and one to Washington. Then the bowl game. Make it to Arizona for a game every once in a while as well.

So while at the games, I have slingbox and watch at the tailgaters from the laptop. Unless my buddy brings his DirecTV dish and TV to the games. That is a whole production setting it up though. Kind of a pain in the ass. But its fun once its up. 42" LED at a tailgater is priceless., More and more peeps are doing it at the tailgaters.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I am not going to counter this because I know for sure you had your ear closer to the ground being in Tennessee en sech.

On a national scale they were getting good hype. Thats all I know about it... I will definitely take your word for it...

Yeah, I know they were, just like USC and VT, I had them high going into the season...definitely didn't see them going 7-6, but I'm sure there were some who felt they were overrated as well. Happens every year though, there's always going to be a team or two who drastically underachieves (at least according to their ranking). I just can't get my head around a figure like Skip predicting Arkansas to win the Natty though. Oh well.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I know they were, just like USC and VT, I had them high going into the season...definitely didn't see them going 7-6, but I'm sure there were some who felt they were overrated as well. Happens every year though, there's always going to be a team or two who drastically underachieves (at least according to their ranking). I just can't get my head around a figure like Skip predicting Arkansas to win the Natty though. Oh well.

HA! Thats funny. I was pretty darn certain USC would lose 2 maybe 3 games in the PAC alone. I knew the skolly loss would lead to a major problem for depth issues on the o line and defensively. I had no idea they would lose 6 though.

WHat we can take from this is, if you are living in a region of the conference you follow with your ear close to the ground, you can see the overrated a mile away.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm already sick and tired of Rutgers and they haven't even played a single down in the B1G.

4DWMk_zps48f1c55a.gif

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was mainly saying how crappy Rutgers is. Honestly Tenn or UK would be a good game against them

You think Rutgers was a worse football team last year than Kentucky? I think Rutgers was probably slightly better than Tenn. last year, but that would probably be debatable. Rutgers seemed a whole lot better than Kentucky last year though IMO.

Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using last years Arky team as a measuring stick, huh? :L

Guess you forgot the hype surrounding Arky heading into season prior to the Petrino debacle. Not to his fault Arky sucked ass last season.

If 2 unnamed SEC schools refused to play Rutgers, what do you expect him to say? Seriously though, you Team SEC fans need to relax a bit.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess you forgot the hype surrounding Arky heading into season prior to the Petrino debacle. Not to his fault Arky sucked ass last season.

If 2 unnamed SEC schools refused to play Rutgers, what do you expect him to say? Seriously though, you Team SEC fans need to relax a bit.

Bamabear's not a Team Sec'er. Just sayin ........ He's good people.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Rutgers was a worse football team last year than Kentucky? I think Rutgers was probably slightly better than Tenn. last year, but that would probably be debatable. Rutgers seemed a whole lot better than Kentucky last year though IMO.

I don't really pay attention to Rutgers unless they play a good team. I atleast catch Tenn or UK playing my team or a rival in the SEC. Rutgers just doesn't do sports and definitely not football so that's where my reasoning is coming from

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really pay attention to Rutgers unless they play a good team. I atleast catch Tenn or UK playing my team or a rival in the SEC. Rutgers just doesn't do sports and definitely not football so that's where my reasoning is coming from

Ohhh ok. Just making sure that opinion wasn't based on anything rational. :thumb: :dance:

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, I remember the hype. The hype has absolutely nothing to do with the present. It's the fact he is saying this NOW, you know, AFTER Arky completely sucked balls. It really has nothing to do with tSEC! either, I just thought it was funny he used a garbage team as a measuring stick. You UM fans need to get over that ass kicking. Just cause my favorite team resides in the SEC doesn't mean I give two shits, nor a fuck about the rest of the SEC.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohhh ok. Just making sure that opinion wasn't based on anything rational. :thumb: :dance:

well believe it or not I'm not a team SECer even tho I spam SEC chants all over threads here hoping to make someone butthurt:yahoo:

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nothing Team SEC about it, dude should keep his damn mouth shut and use some common sense.

Don't think that just because you barely beat a terrible Arkansas team that you are hot shit. Congrats, you did something that LA Monroe did.

We don't know why these SEC teams can't play Rutgers, so don't go around saying that they are ducking you, like there is a reason to be fearful of Rutgers.

Hell, they lost to Kent st. for fucks sake. He could have said that about any conference, doesn't matter, it's not the SEC comments that irritate me, it's this delusional douche acting like his team is more than they are.

And I'm not saying he can't talk about his team being good, or how they are getting better, but don't start talking shit, like somebody is ducking you. That just rubs me the wrong way.

Talk about how you feel good about the direction of the program, or how you tried to get a couple games done with the SEC but it couldn't be done, don't make yourself look like a fool for saying teams are ducking you.

:suds:

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well believe it or not I'm not a team SECer even tho I spam SEC chants all over threads here hoping to make someone butthurt:yahoo:

I can tell the team SEC fhegs from the SEC fans who joke about it, and wasn't accusing you of it. I was just standing up for Rutgers because I don't think a lot of people watched much of them and probably didn't realize that they were half assed decent at points in the year. They had a legit top-10ish defense and 7 2013 draft picks.....which is pretty impressive even if none of them were first rounders.