• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rutgers and Maryland in talks to join B1G

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
new big 12 w fsu clemson and louisville

Ah there they are. Thanks.

But now you can switch VT and Notre Dame to the B1G because I'm going King Kong up in here if we take freakin' Rutgers and Maryland.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would almost be true if Texas A&M wouldn't have beaten Alabama, and if Vanderbilt, Kentucky, and Tennessee didn't already blow goats.

Vanderbilt will always suck.

Kentucky will always suck at football.

Tennessee is on the downside of a cycle.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah there they are. Thanks.

But now you can switch VT and Notre Dame to the B1G because I'm going King Kong up in here if we take freakin' Rutgers and Maryland.

im only going by the latest rumors. Believe me they wouldnt be my first choice either.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all a tactical move to get to 16 teams. Delaney is a shrewd businessman and is using weak links as the catalyst to chaos.
Welcome to the B1G, VT, Rutgers and a couple others.

I think Maryland gets kicked to the curb once the shit flies.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vanderbilt will always suck.

Kentucky will always suck at football.

Tennessee is on the downside of a cycle.

And A&M will probably always be in the middle of the pack...occasionally in the top 5. Also, eventually Missouri will be on the upward end of a cycle and will be better than Ole Miss, Miss State, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, probably beat a couple of the others....so I would think if anything....your conference got a little thicker around the waist.

Your conference isn't watered down. Missouri is just having a terrible season.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ Maryland being the fan in a shitstorm.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all a tactical move to get to 16 teams. Delaney is a shrewd businessman and is using weak links as the catalyst to chaos.

I don't know....

Also, I am going to hate 8 team divisions. I liked adding Nebraska, even though I didn't want to lose Iowa as an annual rival. I think 8 teams means we lose 4 traditional rivals from our schedule. We'll play them eventually, but I still no likey.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know....

Also, I am going to hate 8 team divisions. I liked adding Nebraska, even though I didn't want to lose Iowa as an annual rival. I think 8 teams means we lose 4 traditional rivals from our schedule. We'll play them eventually, but I still no likey.

Rivals be damned when there is huge tv revenue footprint on the table. This has been proven multiple times and began with the formation of thw Big 12. It has done nothing but fester since.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

maybe maryland should call mizzou for delany's gameplan.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivals be damned when there is huge tv revenue footprint on the table. This has been proven multiple times and began with the formation of thw Big 12. It has done nothing but fester since.

I know it. Go big or go home. I'm just tired of it. Nothing is sacred in this country anymore, except for the dollar bill. Anything to win. School isn't important. Character doesn't matter. TV ratings are everything, fuck the little guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know....

Just geographically id say you might get pushed back with iowa, but if they are really adding two "powerhouses" in maryland and rutgers to the east then no way they shift wisconsin because i think that would water down one side too much and make the other a gauntlet. that's why i think Illinois would most likely be the team to shift west.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just geographically id say you might get pushed back with iowa, but if they are really adding two "powerhouses" in maryland and rutgers to the east then no way they shift wisconsin because i think that would water down one side too much and make the other a gauntlet. that's why i think Illinois would most likely be the team to shift west.

Yea I don't think they'll flip us because they won't put Michigan and Ohio State in the same division.

BTN presser 1:30 central.

NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :frusty:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe maryland should call mizzou for delany's gameplan.

LOL...Bingo

Maryland's board approved the move this morning. The chaos has begun. 4 of the B1G regents will vote against Maryland, but it's too late.

The fuse has been lit.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...Bingo

Maryland's board approved the move this morning. The chaos has begun. 4 of the B1G regents will vote against Maryland, but it's too late.

The fuse has been lit.

If they are pulling another Missouri play they are dumb as fuck....LOL

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what does ND do? Is there shiny new football contract with the ACC voided now?