• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rutgers and Maryland in talks to join B1G

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea guys stop it. You're unfolding my laundry. Jeeze.

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Syracuse > Rutgers for New York, especially if they can get their program established again. Syracuse is a basketball power and was once a football power. They also have more fans.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...meaning that they added two absolute powerhouses with huge fanbases, national titles, legendary players and coaches, and insanely rich histories and they still took their time

It would just make the conference look desperate. We need to just ride out the tOSU and PSU bans. We've already taken some hits on our schedules, losing traditional rivalries.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.....I don't think anyone that's not a basketball power actually WANTS to be in the ACC.

That said, I highly doubt this happens

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ACC shouldn't be that bad. I don't know if I really understand what makes them so unattractive as a conference. I know they don't have much BCS success, but why not just ride out the storm and keep trying to bring in the right coaches? There are great programs in the conference. The fans show up better than the Big East fans and probably the Pac 12 fans. Why aren't they a more solid conference, in other words, why the hell does everyone want to bail?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope we get Maryland in OSUs division...cakewalk

gradam01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The only reason I could see that the B1G wants these 2 teams is to expand the Big ten network into DC and New York. Otherwise it does nothing.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes rutgers in itself doesnt deliver nyc. but with the amount of big ten alumni in nyc it makes sense. it is akin to colorado moving to the pac12.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is kind of surprising the B1G may be going after these two teams, but in some ways it makes sense I suppose. Although I don't think it would be an enormous blow (in regards to football alone) for the ACC to lose MD, but IF this happens I wonder what effects it could have on the future landscape of college football. It is already rumored that FSU, Clemson, VT, and possibly GT have "chatted" with other conferences over the last year or so (B12/SEC). Obviously the ACC would go after a replacement team at some point (probably UCONN from the BE). I think that would further push the ACC back into more of a basketball conference. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out, if anything happens at all. These teams will be keeping an eye on all this.

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ACC needs to go after West Virginia, I know their fans are annoying and academics aren't great but they are the only decent football team in the ACC's region that would sign on with the ACC.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ACC shouldn't be that bad. I don't know if I really understand what makes them so unattractive as a conference. I know they don't have much BCS success, but why not just ride out the storm and keep trying to bring in the right coaches? There are great programs in the conference. The fans show up better than the Big East fans and probably the Pac 12 fans. Why aren't they a more solid conference, in other words, why the hell does everyone want to bail?

Because it's a basketball conference that caters to the basketball schools.......all the football schools are dying to leave.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it's a basketball conference that caters to the basketball schools.......all the football schools are dying to leave.

The Tobacco Road Cabal

Ask any Clemson, Virginia Tech, Florida State or Georgia Tech fan how much they LOVE the situation. I would step out in a heart beat. I loved the addition of Pitt, from an academic, historical, and culture fit, but Cuse?, UCONN?, USF? NO!

Get me to the B1G or SEC.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tobacco Road Cabal

Ask any Clemson, Virginia Tech, Florida State or Georgia Tech fan how much they LOVE the situation. I would step out in a heart beat. I loved the addition of Pitt, from an academic, historical, and culture fit, but Cuse?, UCONN?, USF? NO!

Get me to the B1G or SEC.

Academics wise the ACC kicks ass. But if this happens, Florida State will be the next to jump ship no question