• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rutgers and Maryland in talks to join B1G

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what if va tech is actually the pawn in delaney's grand plan? Nd and cuse/pitt/mizzou on deck for 15 and 16??

ND always.
The B1G doesn't need Pitt's footprint. (Penn St)
Rutgers OR Syracuse for NY footprint (not both)
I think Missouri would be a natural fit, but B1G passed on them 2 years ago. What has changed?

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L the B1G was so upset it lost ND it went on some bizarre rebound fling to grab any school that would come running...I can't believe it invited Maryland and rutgers...

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L the B1G was so upset it lost ND it went on some bizarre rebound fling to grab any school that would come running...I can't believe it invited Maryland and rutgers...

I think it's funny that Notre Dame still believes it controls its own destiny. They're going somewhere. It can be the B1G or the B1G can poach whichever conference Notre Dame leans toward without straying far from what matters to them. Notre Dame and Texas tried getting along at some point, and I don't think those meetings went all that well. So good luck in the SEC I guess. Because I have a feeling Delaney isn't done.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida State Prez just said on air that they are closely watching how Maryland gets out of the 50 million exit fee

Like I said earlier in this thread, THAT is the ONLY THING THAT MATTERS in this whole situation. If Maryland gets out for cheap, the floodgates open. If they have to pony up anything CLOSE to 50 million....hell 15 million.....I don't see teams leaving the ACC enmasse.