• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, I am a bit more subdued than that. Especially when it comes to golf. I do have at least some semblance of self-control. :wink:
Please note that I was not picking on you, but illustrating how piss poor a poor loser is. I am sure you have golfed with that same type of person I referenced.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that's a lie. I was present for Russell's first game in Arizona and he lost. So how that rounds out to being undefeated in AZ I will never know.

Your fans need to figure out if you've truly "been there before" or you haven't. Constantly crowing about a "blowout" win in Week 17 when starters were rested for an entire half makes you look silly. But as far as Seattle doing relatively well in AZ...they do...AZ fares much better in front of the "12th man" (no matter how loud they yell)...go figure.
You are correct. I meant to state that Russell is 3-0 at Az in the Carroll vs Arians era.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In season, from 7 AM to 9 PM I only see the missus at meal times on a Sunday.....

I love it.
I'm sure the missus is just as pleased as you, during football season.

Brutal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting back to Russell Wilson.

If we take into consideration....

starts
reg season wins
playoff success
NFL firsts/records
stats/rushing
QB rating

....there really isn't anyone who did it better in just 4 seasons. Keep in mind he never sat on a bench, he walked right in and took over.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

starts
reg season wins
playoff success
NFL firsts/records
stats/rushing
QB rating

....there really isn't anyone who did it better in just 4 seasons. Keep in mind he never sat on a bench, he walked right in and took over.
Correct. I would also like to point out that after RW's 1st OTA's Carroll announced he would be in competition for the starting QB job that everyone though was Matt Flynn's. Russell did not get the majority of his 1st TC reps until week 4 of the PS when he was announced as the starter IIRC.

Brutal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct. I would also like to point out that after RW's 1st OTA's Carroll announced he would be in competition for the starting QB job that everyone though was Matt Flynn's. Russell did not get the majority of his 1st TC reps until week 4 of the PS when he was announced as the starter IIRC.

A correct back at ya.

In 2015 he proved that he didn't needed a RB, and I do get this feeling running Lynch like they did actually held him back. He could have been 4000/30/500 all along.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

starts
reg season wins
playoff success
NFL firsts/records
stats/rushing
QB rating

The Wilson haters will give you every excuse in the book why he's been so successful. Too short, can't throw from the pocket, won't throw for 4000+ in a season, defense carries him, Lynch is only reason Wilson wins until Lynch goes out and Wilson keeps winning, etc...

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, I'm Canadian so college football doesn't do much for me, and HS football barely exists up here with any type of following.

This. Hell i only know that my city has 2 is because there damn good ( in there divisions)

Few universities play football. College sports aren't really that big in general in Canada unless your school is really good at them

Brutal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wilson haters will give you every excuse in the book why he's been so successful. Too short, can't throw from the pocket, won't throw for 4000+ in a season, defense carries him, Lynch is only reason Wilson wins until Lynch goes out and Wilson keeps winning, etc...

The guy is simply special. As a senior at Wisconsin he set the all time NCAA passing efficency record for a season. He also held the games with a td record at 38. And he also held the most passes without an INT record.

Then in his first two seasons as a Seahawk he posts two consecutive 100 QB ratings, something never done before and precedes to win a SB.

He's the best young QB I've seen, he's the total package. He's intelligrent. knows how to act in public. can beat ya with his arm and can beat ya with his legs.

Anyone running down this guy doesn't understand the game.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh forget this.

Welcome to the hoop Brutal. Ps don't challenge the Cheatorits fans. They attack in herds and are incapable of reason

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The similiarities aren't obvious? All can run, all around the same age, all were going to do great things in the NFL. All get a lot of attention on these boards.

I have no problems talking about black/white at all, and if that's where I was going with that I'd say so. Hell yes blacks are faster, quicker, and have that size with speed combo going on. The difference in straight speed is ridiculous. No white American has ever ran a sub 10.07 100m, (Okla St John Teeters 10.07 just last season) while the HS record is 10.00 held by a black sprinter.

It you wanna talk race in sports, cool~~~~~~~~ I'm first and foremost a track fan, x- sprinter.
Come on...I'll give you the youth angle, but what does their playing style have to do with your original point: "The difference in class and how to conduct yourself with the media and out in the world is dramatic." Why not include Luck?

Brutal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh forget this.

Welcome to the hoop Brutal. Ps don't challenge the Cheatorits fans. They attack in herds and are incapable of reason

Thank you sir.

I'm a counterpuncher, ha~~~ Be cool with me and it will be cool.

Last edited:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Those 4 all became relevant at about the same time, all 4 had early success, all 4 are mobile running QB's. Their playing styles are very similar to each other so it makes them easy to compare.
Again, this was an off the field comparison...

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't relate to that, hell we trade football cards. Can't imagine living with a none football freak like myself. Wouldn't there be a lot of..."what, another football game, is that all you do?"

Been with her since 1972.

Never heard it once.

And I don't just watch football. Big tennis, big soccer, big rugby, NHL playoffs, F1, NASCAR, big curling.

As long as I don't make her watch it during dinner she doesn't care.

And since I rarely watch live and it's almost always recorded, that is not an issue.

Lawn gets cut, house gets painted, cars are clean, I run the vacuum around downstairs.

No static at all.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got pretty much the same deal as Hank and it isn't a problem. I don't hang out in bars, go out at night with the guys, I don't have expensive hobbies or anything like that so I get a pass for watching football. It's my thing and my wife doesn't have an issue with it because it's only a couple days a week for 4 months.

Ed Zachary.

But as I said, I still watch other stuff too. The first few weeks of the NHL playoffs are pretty hectic....

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually World ranked)

So you're not an NCAA fan then? For us it was...Friday night HS(son, but he's out of school now), Sat NCAA, Sun/Mon/Thurs NFL. If she didn't love football also....hmmmmmm? Now for me it's track, she's not a track fan.

Anything junior or college is out with me. No interest in kids. Or hoops or baseball....

Brutal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on...I'll give you the youth angle, but what does their playing style have to do with your original point: "The difference in class and how to conduct yourself with the media and out in the world is dramatic." Why not include Luck?

As we have seen my original thought has been pretty much swept under the rug, so now I'm just ramblin'.

I never think of Andrew Luck as a runner at least not on a par with those I did mention. He stands in and stands in and, then, he'll take off. While the others, one look at then ....gone.

I have no problems seeing RW sitting behind a desk at some huge company, making big $$$$$ decisions. No way I can say that about any of those I mentioned, too immature.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is simply special. As a senior at Wisconsin he set the all time NCAA passing efficency record for a season. He also held the games with a td record at 38. And he also held the most passes without an INT record.

Then in his first two seasons as a Seahawk he posts two consecutive 100 QB ratings, something never done before and precedes to win a SB.

He's the best young QB I've seen, he's the total package. He's intelligrent. knows how to act in public. can beat ya with his arm and can beat ya with his legs.

Anyone running down this guy doesn't understand the game.

So why don't I like him?

Brutal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything junior or college is out with me. No interest in kids. Or hoops or baseball....

I need it all, so I have it all.

I'm a weird hoops fan. Pay no attention to it at all until MARCH MADNESS and the NBA playoffs. Not into baseball at all.