• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson will play last season of his deal w/ insurance policy in case he gets a boo boo.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When signing his first deal Brady was, just like Russell, a relatively average QB in terms of total output playing on a superior football team. Those 50TD's and 5000 yards didn't come until AFTER the first contract. Go look at Brady's first 4 years compared to Wilson's first 3. The yards they put up are almost identical when you throw in Wilson's running ability.

And virtually every bad thing people say about Wilson now was said about Brady then in an attempt to justify why he wasn't worth the contract he was about to sign. It really is an almost identical situation.
i know. ive been a pats fan since birth.

why did you ignore the significance of a pocket passer vs non?

have you seen wilsons pocket stats?

brady was a 6'5 pocket passer. wilson is 5'10 generously and a runner.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can think of teams right in the division that would love to sign RW IMO. He may not be the pocket passer some hope for, he's get the job done (usually ).

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rock are you just looking to piss pretty much every fan off on these boards that are not Pats fan? This is a smart move for a guy who is set to make big time money.

I mean honestly this is like if I made fun of you for having car insurance because you think you deserve to drive a car. Insurance is just a good decision not because you hope you have to use it but because it is nice to have if something bad were to happen. Either way Wilson gets paid millions of dollars whether he gets hurt or not now.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16-26

200 yards

1 TD

per game

"pay me!!!"
Stolen from a Terry Blount article...

RW holds countless records for a quarterback in his first three NFL seasons. Here are just a few of those:

• His 15 fourth-quarter/OT comebacks are the most in the NFL since he entered the league in 2012.
  • He is the first quarterback in NFL history to throw for more than 300 yards and rush for more than 100 yards in the same game (at St. Louis last season).

• He is the only quarterback in history to rush for more than 100 yards and run for a TD, and pass for more than 200 yards and throw a TD, in a "Monday Night Football" game (at Washington last season).

• His 36 regular-season victories are the most for any quarterback in his first three NFL seasons.
The bolded part is what sticks out to me. The D had little to do the his record for come from behind to take the lead.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly

its like wes welker in NE. perfect for this system, not so much elsewhere.

welker over valued himself too, in the same fashion...

wilson is a great QB for seattle. not so much for anyone else..and seattle knows that.

Welker...spot on, but with him I think it's more about the QB...he did pretty well in DEN with Manning also before the injuries mounted. But slot WRs are expendable.

RW...he's played well enough to make more than guys like Dalton, Kaep for sure...The Hawks are going to have to pay the man, they're built to win now and really don't need to be trying to break in a new QB anytime soon.

But... this highest paid stuff imo is silly and RW's agent should know that...if they don't, this could and probably will drag out all season...he's going to have a 9 figure deal when this is all said and done.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, its not. brady has thrown for 50 TD's. hes thrown for 5,000 yards. hes won 4 superbowls.

those are things wilson is not capable of, right now, even with how seattle is constructed.

theyre entirely different animals. a pocket passer vs a runner. pocket passers have longer shelf lives. runners...well, ask vince young etc.

i like wilson. i do. he just isnt near where brady was as a pocket passer at the same age.

I disagree... He can do that except for the fact Seattle is a running team... the Patriots really aren't... Hence Brady throws more.. Lately they have been getting better at the run but it's certainly a pass first offense as opposed to Seattle's run down your throat offense.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RW holds countless records for a quarterback in his first three NFL seasons. Here are just a few of those:

• His 15 fourth-quarter/OT comebacks are the most in the NFL since he entered the league in 2012.
  • He is the first quarterback in NFL history to throw for more than 300 yards and rush for more than 100 yards in the same game (at St. Louis last season).

• He is the only quarterback in history to rush for more than 100 yards and run for a TD, and pass for more than 200 yards and throw a TD, in a "Monday Night Football" game (at Washington last season).

• His 36 regular-season victories are the most for any quarterback in his first three NFL seasons.
The bolded part is what sticks out to me. The D had little to do the his record for come from behind to take the lead.

Those stats are nice, but the last one matters the most...he wins games. He's going to get a big deal...this insurance is smart to protect himself in lieu of.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3 bullets lol

My tats are his averages to date. Check my math.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welker...spot on, but with him I think it's more about the QB...he did pretty well in DEN with Manning also before the injuries mounted. But slot WRs are expendable.

RW...he's played well enough to make more than guys like Dalton, Kaep for sure...The Hawks are going to have to pay the man, they're built to win now and really don't need to be trying to break in a new QB anytime soon.

But... this highest paid stuff imo is silly and RW's agent should know that...if they don't, this could and probably will drag out all season...he's going to have a 9 figure deal when this is all said and done.
Right there with ya for the most part.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree... He can do that except for the fact Seattle is a running team... the Patriots really aren't... Hence Brady throws more.. Lately they have been getting better at the run but it's certainly a pass first offense as opposed to Seattle's run down your throat offense.
Pats have been in the top 10-15 rushing over the last few years. They ran it much more with antoin smith and Dillon etc.

Its simple. Pockets passer and not. Look at wilsons pocket numbers. You'll see what i mean.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say = pay the fkkn man.......!,......two back-to-back trips to the SB has earned him that right to GET PAID,.......he's better that that idiot Eli(te) Manning........!

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obvious troll thread to draw out the Seattle fan horde. It's obviously the smart move on Wilson's part, and obviously there's no controversy to be found here, unless OP gets a few bites.... which I guess he has, so mission accomplished, I suppose...

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rock are you just looking to piss pretty much every fan off on these boards that are not Pats fan? This is a smart move for a guy who is set to make big time money.

I mean honestly this is like if I made fun of you for having car insurance because you think you deserve to drive a car. Insurance is just a good decision not because you hope you have to use it but because it is nice to have if something bad were to happen. Either way Wilson gets paid millions of dollars whether he gets hurt or not now.

Yes. And he's not doing a very good job, everybody seems to realize exactly what he's trying to do.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16-26

200 yards

1 TD

per game

"pay me!!!"

Russ is a very good QB ... Remember it's not like he's had top weapons to throw the rock too ... Sure he's had a great running back and defense, we all know that... BUT give him some weapons and his passing stats will jump considerably ...