• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson will play last season of his deal w/ insurance policy in case he gets a boo boo.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Schefter
50 mins ·
Seattle QB Russell Wilson will play last season of his deal w/ insurance policy worth millions in case of career-ending injury, per sources.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"wahhhh, i want more money. im worth it i swear!"

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16-26

200 yards

1 TD

per game

"pay me!!!"

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16-26

200 yards

1 TD

per game

"pay me!!!"

I am sure that back in 2004 you were also thinking Brady was just a whiner when he signed one of the richest deals in all of football at the time despite the fact that, like Wilson, he didn't have the greatest stats but had proved his worth in the playoffs by winning games where he relied on his defense.

Wilson really is just today's version of a young Brady.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the problem. He's in line to make millions, a major injury can take that away from him. Why not secure your future?

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the problem. He's in line to make millions, a major injury can take that away from him. Why not secure your future?

The reason it would be news is that it is a good indication that Wilson's rep don't believe a long term deal is going to get done before the season starts.

And yeah...of course he is going to take out an insurance policy. Only a fool would play out this last season without one considering how much he is in line to make over the next 10-15 years.

If you have a winning lottery ticket that you can't cash in for one year, it makes sense to protect it as much as you can.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure that back in 2004 you were also thinking Brady was just a whiner when he signed one of the richest deals in all of football at the time despite the fact that, like Wilson, he didn't have the greatest stats but had proved his worth in the playoffs by winning games where he relied on his defense.

Wilson really is just today's version of a young Brady.
how many SB wins did brady have when he got his new deal?

he also won in his first year as a starter. he won 3 in 4 years.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many SB wins did brady have when he got his new deal?

he also won in his first year as a starter. he won 3 in 4 years.

So 3 in 4 years is different than winning 1 in 3 and going to a 2nd one when you are talking contract extension with a young franchise QB?

Like I said...Wilson is today's version of a young Brady. He clearly is NOT the best QB in the league at the moment but he has been on the best team in the league and has an impressive post season resume because of it.

It actually is scary how similar these two are.
- Not touted 1st round QB's.
- Their first couple years they were efficient but not prolific.
- Great role models.
- Will likely always be compared to another QB with better stats but less resume (Manning to Brady, Luck to Wilson)

The only question really is does that make Ciara the new Giselle?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"wahhhh, i want more money. im worth it i swear!"

C'mon man...a blind man can see from a mile away that RW deserves more money.

But...this is one of those unique cases where his market value imo is stronger in SEA than it might be on the open market...even with 2 SB trips and a ring...how many teams will open the vault for RW? CLE, NYJ? I know it only takes one, but what I'm trying to say is if this were Aaron Rodgers...you'd have 10 teams lined up to pay this guy.

Unique talent, perfectly matched team.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So 3 in 4 years is different than winning 1 in 3 and going to a 2nd one when you are talking contract extension with a young franchise QB?

Like I said...Wilson is today's version of a young Brady. He clearly is NOT the best QB in the league at the moment but he has been on the best team in the league and has an impressive post season resume because of it.

It actually is scary how similar these two are.
- Not touted 1st round QB's.
- Their first couple years they were efficient but not prolific.
- Great role models.
- Will likely always be compared to another QB with better stats but less resume (Manning to Brady, Luck to Wilson)

The only question really is does that make Ciara the new Giselle?
yes. its 3 times as many.

i didnt read the rest.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon man...a blind man can see from a mile away that RW deserves more money.

But...this is one of those unique cases where his market value imo is stronger in SEA than it might be on the open market...even with 2 SB trips and a ring...how many teams will open the vault for RW? CLE, NYJ? I know it only takes one, but what I'm trying to say is if this were Aaron Rodgers...you'd have 10 teams lined up to pay this guy.

Unique talent, perfectly matched team.
exactly

its like wes welker in NE. perfect for this system, not so much elsewhere.

welker over valued himself too, in the same fashion...

wilson is a great QB for seattle. not so much for anyone else..and seattle knows that.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes. its 3 times as many.

i didnt read the rest.

You're looking as blind in your hate of Wilson as some people are in their blind hate of the Pat's.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You looking as blind in your hate of Wilson as some people are in their blind hate of the Pat's.
its 3 times as many.

times.

pats were in the midst of a dynasty. im sorry you cant see the difference.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wilson is a great QB for seattle. not so much for anyone else..and seattle knows that.

People literally said the same thing about Brady 10 years ago (hell some still do).

If you have a great QB, whether he is great everywhere or just great for your team, you lock them down long term at market value. And market value for Wilson is one of the largest contracts in the history of the sport just as it was for Brady back in 2004.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People literally said the same thing about Brady 10 years ago (hell some still do).

If you have a great QB, whether he is great everywhere or just great for your team, you lock them down long term at market value. And market value for Wilson is one of the largest contracts in the history of the sport just as it was for Brady back in 2004.
no, its not. brady has thrown for 50 TD's. hes thrown for 5,000 yards. hes won 4 superbowls.

those are things wilson is not capable of, right now, even with how seattle is constructed.

theyre entirely different animals. a pocket passer vs a runner. pocket passers have longer shelf lives. runners...well, ask vince young etc.

i like wilson. i do. he just isnt near where brady was as a pocket passer at the same age.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, its not. brady has thrown for 50 TD's. hes thrown for 5,000 yards. hes won 4 superbowls.

When signing his first deal Brady was, just like Russell, a relatively average QB in terms of total output playing on a superior football team that was lead by the defense. Those 50TD's and 5000 yards didn't come until AFTER the first contract. Go look at Brady's first 4 years compared to Wilson's first 3. The yards they put up are almost identical when you throw in Wilson's running ability.

And virtually every bad thing people say about Wilson now was said about Brady then in an attempt to justify why he wasn't worth the contract he was about to sign. It really is an almost identical situation.

Last edited:

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

those are things wilson is not capable of, right now, even with how seattle is constructed.

theyre entirely different animals. a pocket passer vs a runner. pocket passers have longer shelf lives. runners...well, ask vince young etc.

i like wilson. i do. he just isnt near where brady was as a pocket passer at the same age.
I think that you might post more about the Seahawks than the Patriots.

SilverFalco8

TXOD BX 507
Hoopla Cash
$ 87.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but you want to try to get as much money as possible while you can. I mean you could get hurt and never be able to play again.