• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson Traded to Broncos

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't make much sense to me to trade him out of the conference for less, mostly because if I would expect a franchise to mess it up after getting a QB it would be Washington over Denver. Within the division I understand, but within the conference to a franchise that has proven they can turn ribeye into meatloaf???
Maybe they are looking at it from the point of view of possibly having to meet up in the playoffs in some future scenario. Not sure how soon Seattle can rebuild to be a playoff team but it's likely Russ makes Washington an instant contender in the NFCE and they are possibly hosting January games.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word around the grapevine is the Seahawks didn’t want to trade Russ within conference which is why they didn’t take the Washington deal

I mean who knows, but Wilson still has to approve the trade. If he didn't want Washington, then they would have no choice but Denver. I think Wilson was also considering the Giants/Saints, but the Saints are about the implode and Payton 'retiring' probably changed his tune.... Denver has an offensive minded coach and the talent to push for a deep playoff run.... but boy that division and the AFC in general is going to be WAY harder than the NFC (but again Seattle may have said no to that).

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word around the grapevine is the Seahawks didn’t want to trade Russ within conference which is why they didn’t take the Washington deal
The grapevine also says that RW won’t agree to be traded to Washington, which I feel makes more sense.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would make sense...

Why would the Seahawks wanna play against him almost once a season...?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would make sense...

Why would the Seahawks wanna play against him almost once a season...?
Actually it makes no sense. The Seahawks weren't a SB contender with RW and they aren't one without him. They should take the best available offer, use those resources to build and if they see RW in the playoffs 3 years down the road so be it. By the time Seattle is a contender againg RW is very close to being retired.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it makes no sense. The Seahawks weren't a SB contender with RW and they aren't one without him. They should take the best available offer, use those resources to build and if they see RW in the playoffs 3 years down the road so be it. By the time Seattle is a contender againg RW is very close to being retired.
Point was they'd only have to face him once every four seasons... contingent on how many more years he plays, of course...

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just when you think the Jimmy Johnson deal for Herch would ever be matched this deal screams "desperate "!

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only thing that shocks me is that Carroll outlasted Wilson in Seattle.
With Wilson on the Seahawks roster Carroll would probably need either a 2022 playoff win or a 12+ win regular season with a top 3 NFC seeding to justify him keeping his job in 2023. I couldn't see either happening with the resources the Seahawks had available. Getting quality picks and at least 2 starters in exchange for Wilson might be enough to keep Carroll around if the Seahawks can somehow muster a competitive 8 or 9 win season. I'm not surprised Carroll signed off on the deal. I'm surprised that such a deal was there to be had and that it happened so quickly.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point was they'd only have to face him once every four seasons... contingent on how many more years he plays, of course...
If he's in DC odds are against facing him yearly, and by the time Seattle is ready to challenge for a SB Wilson is at least 3 years older and closer to retirement.

If he didn't nix the trade Seattle cut off thier own nose to spite it's face.