• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson Traded to Broncos

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos won the trade easily here IMO.

Wilson is still a top 5 QB and the Broncos gave up very little. Harris is okay but whatever, Fant is so-so but the Broncos have Albert Okwuegbunam who I'm sure will be just fine with Wilson throwing to him.

Metcalf and Lockett are probably like "WTF?!" and Metcalf may just flat out leave if they put a shit QB back there. And Drew Lock is whatever lol.

Outside of some players and the 2nd rounders.... Seattle basically gave up that amount for Jamal Adams. So from Jamal Adams we get basically an extra 2nd and a 2nd instead of a 3rd and some okay players but not like great ones. And the Broncos get a HOF QB.... smart. :L

I'm sure Seattle in true form will spend the 9th overall pick on a guy they could've obtained in the 3rd round.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think the details had been announced yet but if that's so, it even sucks worse. Lock is trash. Almost Geno Smith bad.
2 1sts
2 2nds
A 5th
A 31 year DT making 11 mil
Drew lock
Noah Fant

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well. Here is the thing.

We are getting #9. I said this a Few places. This year's draft is a Edge and WR. We could get Sauce at 9, we could get an edge at 9........

Use a 2nd on a QB
I hear you. Russ was a 3rd. Y’all killed some drafts back in the day. It can be done.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 1sts
2 2nds
A 5th
A 31 year DT making 11 mil
Drew lock
Noah Fant
Thanks Tapey. I hadn't really looked. Sorry. Have a lot of bad personal shit going on. Anyway, they better hit gold with those picks or this will go down as the most lopsided trade in history.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Broncos acquired Russell Wilson and a fourth-round pick from Seattle in exchange for QB Drew Lock, TE Noah Fant, DT Shelby Harris, two first-round picks, two second-round picks, and a fifth-round pick.​

Denver was always the most likely destination for any blockbuster trade involving a quarterback. They had the cap space and draft capital necessary to acquire an established veteran, plus a win-now roster to motivate them to act. After a rocky year in Seattle that was plagued by a finger injury and rumors of a trade, Wilson finally got his wish. Even with Fant passing him on the way to Seattle, he joins a roster loaded with pass-catching talent. Courtland Sutton and Jerry Jeudy will serve as stand-ins for D.K. Metcalf and Tyler Lockett while Tim Patrick gives him a solid upgrade at WR3. Away from the clutches of Pete Carroll's run-first offense, Wilson's fantasy outlook is soaring along with the rest of his new pass-catchers.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With what they received from Denver, they will be able to build back up. Hawks will just suffer for a couple seasons.
Which is fine. If they don’t make another move for a QB then it is kind of crucial that they stink next year because the 2023 QB draft class is loaded. But also I am assuming at the combine they found a QB they fell in love with but I pray that it isn’t any of the “first round” guys.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Tapey. I hadn't really looked. Sorry. Have a lot of bad personal shit going on. Anyway, they better hit gold with those picks or this will go down as the most lopsided trade in history.
Hope everything works out for you.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Broncos acquired Russell Wilson and a fourth-round pick from Seattle in exchange for QB Drew Lock, TE Noah Fant, DT Shelby Harris, two first-round picks, two second-round picks, and a fifth-round pick.​

Denver was always the most likely destination for any blockbuster trade involving a quarterback. They had the cap space and draft capital necessary to acquire an established veteran, plus a win-now roster to motivate them to act. After a rocky year in Seattle that was plagued by a finger injury and rumors of a trade, Wilson finally got his wish. Even with Fant passing him on the way to Seattle, he joins a roster loaded with pass-catching talent. Courtland Sutton and Jerry Jeudy will serve as stand-ins for D.K. Metcalf and Tyler Lockett while Tim Patrick gives him a solid upgrade at WR3. Away from the clutches of Pete Carroll's run-first offense, Wilson's fantasy outlook is soaring along with the rest of his new pass-catchers.

Albert Okwuegbunam is no slouch either, he was just limited in stats because of Fant and Denver's trash QB. Wilson's finger should be healed next year.

It's a lot to give up, but considering Seattle basically spent the same to acquire a fuckin' safety, I'd have thought they would've gotten 3 1sts... but if Wilson truly wanted out and was willing to walk after next year... then Seattle might've had their hands tied.

Surprised Wilson went to the AFC though. That's a TOUGH conference at the moment. Green Bay and the Rams might be the only great teams next year. 49ers are okay but they may be starting a new QB for the first time, so ya never know.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh look, another r*pe apologist. Weird.

Dude you’re really going Kobe the Rapist on the Russ is a Bronco thread. You just upgraded big time and all you keep saying Kobe raped her!!!

What am I missing here? The man is dead. Whatever he did or did not do, it has nothing to do with Russ

Reactions: DJ

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Albert Okwuegbunam is no slouch either, he was just limited in stats because of Fant and Denver's trash QB. Wilson's finger should be healed next year.

It's a lot to give up, but considering Seattle basically spent the same to acquire a fuckin' safety, I'd have thought they would've gotten 3 1sts... but if Wilson truly wanted out and was willing to walk after next year... then Seattle might've had their hands tied.

Surprised Wilson went to the AFC though. That's a TOUGH conference at the moment. Green Bay and the Rams might be the only great teams next year. 49ers are okay but they may be starting a new QB for the first time, so ya never know.
I'm honestly not surprised at Russ being willing to go there. He's a guy who loves the competition and especially the spotlight of going h2h with the best young guns. Always has played his best vs the best other than going to Green Bay for whatever reason.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and that's how it was. A flare, spurting out from Seattle. Bright green, drawing a green mist behind it; a beautiful, but somehow disturbing sight.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and that's how it was. A flare, spurting out from Seattle. Bright green, drawing a green mist behind it; a beautiful, but somehow disturbing sight.
Rams are so screwed now the Seahawks might get a QB that can beat you guys!!

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, one thing about this trade, regardless of how things turn out in Denver, Wilson no longer has to have the twice a season nightmares that he had in Seattle. Also known as Aaron Donald. No monster ever tormented a guy more than Donald did RW. Lol.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFF's take: you should be betting on the Chargers right now because they're still in play in the division and only getting 4 to 1 odds.

Never change PFF

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It doesn't make much sense to me to trade him out of the conference for less, mostly because if I would expect a franchise to mess it up after getting a QB it would be Washington over Denver. Within the division I understand, but within the conference to a franchise that has proven they can turn ribeye into meatloaf???

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't make much sense to me to trade him out of the conference for less, mostly because if I would expect a franchise to mess it up after getting a QB it would be Washington over Denver. Within the division I understand, but within the conference to a franchise that has proven they can turn ribeye into meatloaf???
My bet is Russ didn’t approve it ..