• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson Traded to Broncos

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he had a better chance to win here than Denver in the loaded AFC. Crossing my fingers Wentz works out. Wilson chose Denver.

He would've for sure. The NFC is really only Green Bay, Tampa, and LA at the moment (at least that are scaring anyone).

That said, I think it was smarter by the Skins to hang onto their next 3 1st rounders (what they were offering). I actually think Wilson's best days are behind him. He's not a true pocket QB like Brady, Rodgers, and the new guys. He extends plays, and relies on playaction and outside throws WAAAAY too much. And good defenses simply know that now and have picked up on it - a glaring reason why Seattle is barely scoring at all in the postseasons they've been to in recent years. Add to that his waning mobility compared to 3-10 years ago, and it's just not the same.

Wilson's cracked 300 yards 3 out of 16 times in the playoffs+title games. And that's because the playoffs generally feature better defenses that are quicker and not fooled as often by playaction (mind you Seattle had a good RB situation with Lynch early on), outside the pocket scrambling (isolating sides of the field) and constant throws to the outside.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would've for sure. The NFC is really only Green Bay, Tampa, and LA at the moment (at least that are scaring anyone).

That said, I think it was smarter by the Skins to hang onto their next 3 1st rounders (what they were offering). I actually think Wilson's best days are behind him. He's not a true pocket QB like Brady, Rodgers, and the new guys. He extends plays, and relies on playaction and outside throws WAAAAY too much. And good defenses simply know that now and have picked up on it - a glaring reason why Seattle is barely scoring at all in the postseasons they've been to in recent years. Add to that his waning mobility compared to 3-10 years ago, and it's just not the same.

Wilson's cracked 300 yards 3 out of 16 times in the playoffs+title games. And that's because the playoffs generally feature better defenses that are quicker and not fooled as often by playaction (mind you Seattle had a good RB situation with Lynch early on), outside the pocket scrambling (isolating sides of the field) and constant throws to the outside.

I have a fellow Commanders fan on our board that thinks im nuts for thinking that.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's far from the first time and that's never stopped you before

Hey I have someone agreeing with me. I will never stop expressing my opinion.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a fellow Commanders fan on our board that thinks im nuts for thinking that.
That is not the complete story as many of us have pointed out to you.

The main point that was suggested was that Wilson did not want to play for a dumpster fire organization. Our owner is currently running from a Congressional subpoena and has been accused of withholding funds from the owners. Perhaps Wilson did not want to play with an owner accused of harassing and assaulting women and then trying to cover it up? Perhaps he is a man of integrity and wanted to avoid the circus that has followed Washington for over 20 years.

With respect to "winning", maybe he has more confidence in the #3 ranked Denver defense instead of the #25 ranked Washington defense. Perhaps he compared offenses and saw more potential in a Hackett-led offense than a Ron Rivera-led offense. It is possible he saw a brighter future in DEN and wanted to play in Hackett's system that Aaron Rodgers played in. Wilson knows the NFC quite well and maybe he wanted to try his hand at the AFC.

Also, maybe his family likes the Denver area more than Washington, that might have been a factor. The Commanders fans you discussed this with said that there were a number of reasons he picked the Broncos over the Commanders. I personally think he has a better chance at winning in DEN than Washington, and I also think he did not want the headache associated playing for Washington. I am sure general NFL fans would agree that Washington is literally the most dysfunctional team in the NFL currently. I am sure most players would pick DEN over Washington if they had to choose between the two.

I might be wrong and would be interested in hearing other fan input.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's far from the first time and that's never stopped you before
We have been having this discussion for several months now. I believe he took it personally when Wilson chose Denver. It was the right choice and most Commanders fans know that. He was never coming to Washington.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have been having this discussion for several months now. I believe he took it personally when Wilson chose Denver. It was the right choice and most Commanders fans know that. He was never coming to Washington.
I've enjoyed reading the Washington board for years.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is not the complete story as many of us have pointed out to you.

The main point that was suggested was that Wilson did not want to play for a dumpster fire organization. Our owner is currently running from a Congressional subpoena and has been accused of withholding funds from the owners. Perhaps Wilson did not want to play with an owner accused of harassing and assaulting women and then trying to cover it up? Perhaps he is a man of integrity and wanted to avoid the circus that has followed Washington for over 20 years.

With respect to "winning", maybe he has more confidence in the #3 ranked Denver defense instead of the #25 ranked Washington defense. Perhaps he compared offenses and saw more potential in a Hackett-led offense than a Ron Rivera-led offense. It is possible he saw a brighter future in DEN and wanted to play in Hackett's system that Aaron Rodgers played in. Wilson knows the NFC quite well and maybe he wanted to try his hand at the AFC.

Also, maybe his family likes the Denver area more than Washington, that might have been a factor. The Commanders fans you discussed this with said that there were a number of reasons he picked the Broncos over the Commanders. I personally think he has a better chance at winning in DEN than Washington, and I also think he did not want the headache associated playing for Washington. I am sure general NFL fans would agree that Washington is literally the most dysfunctional team in the NFL currently. I am sure most players would pick DEN over Washington if they had to choose between the two.

I might be wrong and would be interested in hearing other fan input.

Not the point, The point was what was the better place where Wilson could win. Even a Seattle fan said Washington. Yo thought I was the only one who thought this and you are wrong. that is why i posted that response to you. I was talking about winning, that is what Wilson should be looking for at this stage in his career. Its so obvious that the NFC is weaker than the AFC and the AFC West is the best division in football.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didnt take it personally. I stated my opinion which you disagreed with

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt take it personally. I stated my opinion which you disagreed with
Well it means something to you obviously because you continue to bring it up months after it happened. Clearly, it is bothering you that he is in Denver.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the point, The point was what was the better place where Wilson could win. Even a Seattle fan said Washington. Yo thought I was the only one who thought this and you are wrong. that is why i posted that response to you. I was talking about winning, that is what Wilson should be looking for at this stage in his career. Its so obvious that the NFC is weaker than the AFC and the AFC West is the best division in football.
How do you know what Wilson wants? Perhaps "winning" isn't the first thing in his mind? You have continued to fail to understand that. So now Wilson needs to listen to your advice about where to play? Again, I have said several times, that are several factors that go into why a player signs somewhere. Your ONLY focus has been the winning aspect, and you have failed to think critically about the situation. Maybe he wants to play in the best division in football? Maybe he wants a "challenge" at this stage in his career? Players don't always sign with the team who have the best chance of "winning".

I didn't say "nobody" agreed with you? Yes, I think you are wrong but it was Wilson's decision. I think he has a better chance in Denver to win. It is my opinion. The fact that you are now coming to a general NFL board to talk about this months after the trade speaks volumes.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it means something to you obviously because you continue to bring it up months after it happened. Clearly, it is bothering you that he is in Denver.

just proving to you there are other POV other than our board. Some people think he can have a better chance of winning here. I would laugh my ass off if Denver misses the playoffs and Carson wins a playoff game.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know what Wilson wants? Perhaps "winning" isn't the first thing in his mind? You have continued to fail to understand that. So now Wilson needs to listen to your advice about where to play? Again, I have said several times, that are several factors that go into why a player signs somewhere. Your ONLY focus has been the winning aspect, and you have failed to think critically about the situation. Maybe he wants to play in the best division in football? Maybe he wants a "challenge" at this stage in his career? Players don't always sign with the team who have the best chance of "winning".

I didn't say "nobody" agreed with you? Yes, I think you are wrong but it was Wilson's decision. I think he has a better chance in Denver to win. It is my opinion. The fact that you are now coming to a general NFL board to talk about this months after the trade speaks volumes.

Of course its about winning at this stage of his career. Why did Brady leave NE? Why did Stafford leave Detroit? Its about winning.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just proving to you there are other POV other than our board. Some people think he can have a better chance of winning here. I would laugh my ass off if Denver misses the playoffs and Carson wins a playoff game.
Great...but I would not hold my breath.

We have the 4th longest playoff drought streak in the NFL for winning a game. Running to Carson Wentz to fix that is what is laughable.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great...but I would not hold my breath.

We have the 4th longest playoff drought streak in the NFL. Running to Carson Wentz to fix that is what is laughable.

We will see. Didn't we go the playoffs in 2020?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course its about winning at this stage of his career. Why did Brady leave NE? Why did Stafford leave Detroit? Its about winning.
So he and his agent personally advised you of his decision? You must think he is an idiot for not signing with Washington then? You tell me, why did he pick DEN instead of WSH then if the choice was so obvious?

Stafford left DET for a million reasons, he had NEVER won. Wilson already has a ring. I have no clue why Brady left?

You should look into Bradley Beal's contract. He spurred the Warriors to stay and play for the Wizards. He wanted to stay in WSH instead of playing for the Warriors. Again, players think differently than you do. Bottom line, you are upset that Wilson picked DEN over the Commanders and won't let it go.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see. Didn't we go the playoffs in 2020?
Drought in winning a game. Only 3 teams are worse than WSH.

You claim it is about winning but you don't take into account that maybe he does not like Rivera or believe he can win. We simply do not know. What we do know is that he picked Denver over Washington and none of us know the exact reason. Perhaps we will never know. I am not sure what else there is to discuss but I am sure you will bring this up a few more times in the next few years.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he and his agent personally advised you of his decision? You must think he is an idiot for not signing with Washington then? You tell me, why did he pick DEN instead of WSH then if the choice was so obvious?

Stafford left DET for a million reasons, he had NEVER won. Wilson already has a ring. I have no clue why Brady left?

You should look into Bradley Beal's contract. He spurred the Warriors to stay and play for the Wizards. He wanted to stay in WSH instead of playing for the Warriors. Again, players think differently than you do. Bottom line, you are upset that Wilson picked DEN over the Commanders and won't let it go.

No I don't think he is an idiot, of course he had his reasons but when I said he had a better chance to win here, you flipped out.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drought in winning a game. Only 3 teams are worse than WSH.

You claim it is about winning but you don't take into account that maybe he does not like Rivera or believe he can win. We simply do not know. What we do know is that he picked Denver over Washington and none of us know the exact reason. Perhaps we will never know. I am not sure what else there is to discuss but I am sure you will bring this up a few more times in the next few years.

Doesnt mean anything. Teams change dramatically every year. Just look at Cincy. FA's still signed there last year when they were losers now there winners.