• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson Traded to Broncos

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell is attached to the broncos for the next 7 years.
I believe he retires a bronco, unless he falls off a cliff & gets cut.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s twisting numbers. He has 7 years with an average that puts it at $42.3. That puts him behind:
Rodgers
Murray
Watson
Mahomes
Allen
Annoying isn't it? Nobody expected Wilson to play out the last 2 non-guaranteed years on his current deal and if the Broncos had tried that approach Wilson would have forced an exit after 2 tag years. Not only is it a $42M+ average but the high price part shouldn't kick in until the last few years. It sounds like a fair deal.

That said I think he's on the decline.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm... What was that?

I think what @wazzu31 meant was in 2020 Wilson fell off a cliff... defenses quickly figured him out by dropping 2 deep safeties, his mobility started to decline, and teams just simply figured out taking away the first option was the way to play him. And no surprise, it worked. Wilson was always a liability with mid field passing and second/third/fourth looks. He survived on extending plays with his legs (this dropped severely in 2020, I believe when Suh injured his ankle - might've been 2019) and a cannon arm.

As for Seahawks fans, a lot of us were saying that Wilson was spent, and exhibiting a number of these flaws when he was traded. But a lot of folks on the forum and just generally social media/analysts (which I generally pay no attention to) were screaming that Seattle was bitter and butt hurt. I think that's what wazzu is getting at. I mean it's week 5.... maybe Denver wins out and Wilson is a hero... and yes I'll come back and eat crow, but I was one of the few grading the Wilson trade as favorable for Seattle, which so far it's not even close. This is beyond Herschel Walker.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm... What was that?
He was done last year. He had his 8 or 9 week run in 2020 where everyone was talking about him finally getting the MVP then since then he has been a bottom tier starting QB.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what @wazzu31 meant was in 2020 Wilson fell off a cliff... defenses quickly figured him out by dropping 2 deep safeties, his mobility started to decline, and teams just simply figured out taking away the first option was the way to play him. And no surprise, it worked. Wilson was always a liability with mid field passing and second/third/fourth looks. He survived on extending plays with his legs (this dropped severely in 2020, I believe when Suh injured his ankle - might've been 2019) and a cannon arm.

As for Seahawks fans, a lot of us were saying that Wilson was spent, and exhibiting a number of these flaws when he was traded. But a lot of folks on the forum and just generally social media/analysts (which I generally pay no attention to) were screaming that Seattle was bitter and butt hurt. I think that's what wazzu is getting at. I mean it's week 5.... maybe Denver wins out and Wilson is a hero... and yes I'll come back and eat crow, but I was one of the few grading the Wilson trade as favorable for Seattle, which so far it's not even close. This is beyond Herschel Walker.

He was done last year. He had his 8 or 9 week run in 2020 where everyone was talking about him finally getting the MVP then since then he has been a bottom tier starting QB.
Dudes! I knew what you meant.

I was making a joke about not listening to Seahawk fans :laugh3:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a shame 33 y/o and washed up.

Seattle letting him go may be one of their best business decisions EVA!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your overrating this trade, like the media. The Broncos won't even mske the playoffs. This isn't the Wilson of old.

Quote me, Denver will be third behind Chargers and Chiefs
I think the only thing you got wrong is Denver probably finishes fourth.

It's crazy how little Wilson evolved as a QB and now that his traits aren't there anymore Seattle just smartly dumped him. All Denver had to do was find someone better than Drew Lock.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FecXl43XgAEPRTx