• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson - Texas Ranger

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
image.resize.489.275.jpg

It could happen.

A .0000000000000000000000001% chance, but still.

He looks good in Ranger Red, huh?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
image.resize.489.275.jpg

It could happen.

A .0000000000000000000000001% chance, but still.

He looks good in Ranger Red, huh?

Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson is enjoying a nice season. His team is 11-2 and has already clinched at least a Wild Card spot, and will likely soon wrap up the NFC West. What many have forgotten is that he was once a fourth-round pick by the Rockies in the 2010 Major League Baseball draft. He played second base in the Minors for two seasons in A-ball with Tri-City and Asheville, compiling a .710 OPS in 379 plate appearances.
He might have made a useful Major League player someday, but we can all agree he made the right choice to stick with football. Nevertheless, the Rangers plucked Wilson in the Rule-5 draft earlier today. And, according to ESPN’s Richard Durrett, it’s not just a gimmick meant to get publicity. Wilson told GM Jon Daniels he wants to join the Rangers in spring training.Deion Sanders, one of the few multi-sport stars along with Bo Jackson, thinks Wilson “should seriously consider baseball”.

If I were @DangeRussWilson i would seriously consider baseball and weigh all options with the Texas Rangers. Truth— DeionSanders (@DeionSanders) [ame="https://twitter.com/DeionSanders/statuses/411258567253975041"]December 12, 2013[/ame]
Sanders enjoyed fame as an outfielder over nine seasons with the Yankees, Braves, Reds, and Giants; and as a cornerback with the Falcons, 49ers, Cowboys, Redskins, and Ravens. Few people should be dispensing advice to Wilson, but Sanders certainly can.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the Giants won't let the A's have San Jose, then maybe they should just move to the Great White North???

Eh???

The Montreal Gazette is reporting that one of Canada’s great cities could once again be a home for a Major League Baseball team as long as a new stadium is built in the downtown area. A study was performed by Ernst and Young and the law firm BCF, which found that it would cost Montreal $525 million to acquire a new team and $500 million to build a new stadium.
More on the study from the Gazette:
The study said, based on the information collected and a “conservative analysis,” the return of baseball would be financially viable under “a set of realistic assumptions.” They include “a modest but competitive payroll, average ticket prices in line with league averages, and a local broadcasting rights deal in line with other similar MLB markets.”
The study suggested a 36,000 seat open-air stadium in the downtown area and cites Minnesota’s Target Field as a model.
Montreal lost the Expos after the 2004 season. The franchise moved to Washington, D.C. and became the Nationals, suffering the same run of mediocrity the Expos went through during much of the 1970′s through the 1990′s. However, they broke a 21-year playoff drought in 2012, winning the NL East behind first-round pick phenoms Bryce Harper and Stephen Strasburg. They finished in second place behind the Braves in 2013.
Obviously, this is far from becoming a reality, but that doesn’t mean we can’t speculate which teams would be a good fit. A’s it cold in here or just me?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Tanaka guy must be REALLY good.

Buster Olney is reporting that other theam in Japan are thinking of giving his current team money to help make up the "loss" of posting fee after the new rules on it were sent. Meaning, they are paying to help him go away, just so they don't have to face him anymore.

Wow.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love football, and those of so civilized fans -

DENVER – Police said a man was in critical condition after a [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]411366596997681153[/MEDIA]"]"quadruple stabbing"[/ame] in a parking lot adjacent to Sports Authority Field on Thursday night. Police said two other men were in stable condition and a fourth potential victim was missing.
The incident was reported at 9:55 p.m., about 30 minutes after the game between the Denver Broncos and San Diego Chargers ended. The fight occurred in a privately owned parking lot east of the stadium, near the intersection of Dick Connor Avenue and Federal Boulevard.
Police said early Friday morning they had three suspects in custody, and that the investigation would continue overnight.
"We do not believe there are any suspects at large at this time," police said in a statement. "There is no word yet on what started this incident."
Eyewitnesses reported seeing fights at the scene, according to TheDenver Post.
This is the second time in three weeks that police have responded to an incident outside of a Broncos game. Two weeks ago in Kansas City, a man died after an altercation in the parking lot outside Arrowhead Stadium.
The Stadium Management Company released a statement saying it was working with authorities to gather more information about the Thursday night incident.

Last edited by a moderator:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gimmick pick. Jon Daniels has been known for this. Drafting a successful NFL QB is moronic.

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
billy butler to Jays?

rumors flyin

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
billy butler to Jays?

rumors flyin

It could happen. BUT, they will have to find a taker for Adam Lind for it to make sense, as they already have a surplus of 1B/DH guys.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For MLB: Nashville > Montreal

Montreal needs "conditions." Nashville just wants MLB and would support the hell out of it.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson told GM Jon Daniels he wants to join the Rangers in spring training.

If they go to the Super Bowl, I think all that talk goes away. :2cents:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
th

Have an oh so happy day, you few who will choose to join us today.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gimmick pick. Jon Daniels has been known for this. Drafting a successful NFL QB is moronic.

I think that the intent is for Wilson to come to spring training and make a motivational speech or two.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the intent is for Wilson to come to spring training and make a motivational speech or two.

I'll bet it WON'T go like this.

Short People got no reason
To live

They got little hands
Little eyes
They walk around
Tellin' great big lies
They got little noses
And tiny little teeth
They wear platform shoes
On their nasty little feet

Well, I don't want no Short People
Don't want no Short People
Don't want no Short People
`Round here

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could happen. BUT, they will have to find a taker for Adam Lind for it to make sense, as they already have a surplus of 1B/DH guys.

Sell high on Lind.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the 12 days of Christmas song, does it say anything about "lurkers lurking".

I ask, as - "I see lurking people......."

th

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Tanaka guy must be REALLY good.

Buster Olney is reporting that other theam in Japan are thinking of giving his current team money to help make up the "loss" of posting fee after the new rules on it were sent. Meaning, they are paying to help him go away, just so they don't have to face him anymore.

Wow.

Either that or he really isn't liked personally///slept with said teams owners wife