• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson should not be extended this offseason

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy has led the team to 3 straight playoff appearances and 2 Super Bowls. Yah his defense is great, but it's not like he's just handing off 100% of the time. Guy is an extremely hard worker and has played very well with a VERY MEDIOCRE wide receiver group which consists of a good slot receiver in Baldwin and then just crap everywhere else. The only weapon he has on offense is Lynch who is not even a receiving type back.

Gotta pay him and Seattle will.

And even when he does, many times he dictates the running success with proper reads in the zone game. I cant that there are still Seahawk fans that still understimate h is impact. Fans from elsewhere, fine, but to watch it every week and still not get it is mind boggling.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP is the same guy who declared game over and gave up on the team part way through the NFC Championship game

He seems to only be a fan of the team when things are going well, once adversity hits the sky starts falling.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see any upside to the Seahawks in annoying Wilson and having him hold out for 10 games...unless you're desperate to see Tarvaris Jackson again. The message it would send to other Seahawks draftees would be to sit 10 games in their 3rd and 4th seasons to protect themselves should they play well in their 1st 2 seasons.

As a London Monarchs fan I have fond memories of Stan Gelbaugh.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson will be one of the highest paid if not the highest paid QB next season.

Actually, I said before this game that losing it would have the silver lining of not letting Wilson's stock go to the moon and given that it was his bad throw that lost the game that's for sure going to be true. That game ending INT cost his stock at least a little bit. At the very least not winning didn't send it to the stratosphere.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we extend Russ... That's not even debatable...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I said before this game that losing it would have the silver lining of not letting Wilson's stock go to the moon and given that it was his bad throw that lost the game that's for sure going to be true. That game ending INT cost his stock at least a little bit. At the very least not winning didn't send it to the stratosphere.

Man, talk about a terrible playoffs performance right before it's time to talk extension - 5 INTs in 3 games when he threw only 7 the entire regular season. Ouch. I've always hoped he'd take a little less so as to allow for better talent around him, but we'll just see what comes of this.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only question is whether Wilson will get paid more or less than Luck.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see any upside to the Seahawks in annoying Wilson and having him hold out for 10 games...unless you're desperate to see Tarvaris Jackson again. The message it would send to other Seahawks draftees would be to sit 10 games in their 3rd and 4th seasons to protect themselves should they play well in their 1st 2 seasons.

As a London Monarchs fan I have fond memories of Stan Gelbaugh.

Stan Gelbaugh.... That's a name I haven't heard for a while...

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seems to only be a fan of the team when things are going well, once adversity hits the sky starts falling.

Sounds like a Percy Harvin without the talent. Can we trade him to the Jets board for a future pick and 100vcash consideration?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In regards to Wilson, he's a text book example of how well the rookie contract pay scale is working with the new CBA. He's proven he's not a one hit wonder, and hes a perfect fit for the offense we run and for the defenses our opponents of the NFC west and NFC in general sport. His mobility and ability to extend plays makes him worth his weight in gold.

The NFL salary cap is projected to be rising 20-30 mil over the next two years. We're setup to be one of the teams that benefits most from this given our needs and the timing.

Yes, these QB contracts can sometimes end up an albatross around the neck of franchises, but in RWs case, I think it minimizes the risk given he's proven he's not a one hit wonder.

And the Seahawks spend their money well. Name a team that manages the cap better vs results than this team since PC and Schneider arrived.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He some times doesn't even wait for things to go bad, he starts predicting bad things happening in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are we in such a rush to give him $120-$135M with $55M+ guaranteed?

I say let him play out the final year of his rookie deal. His value will not increase after next year and he did regress this year.

Yes, it's true that he would become an UFA after next year if not extended now, but his value will always be a lot greater to us than on the open market.

Don't get me wrong, I like Russ, but QB contracts are an albatross and he needs more evaluation.

Look you moron if he plays out the current contract he becomes a free agent, and Seattle will not be able to match a deal from the Cowboys or the Packers or the Rams or others.

Wilson is the template for the modern QB.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say capitalize on the emotional connection and sign him now.

Wilson will not be unreasonable.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks are OK.

This kind of stuff happens in playoffs: Immaculate reception, Tuck Rule, Red Right 8.

Think what the Lions, Cowboys and Packers just went through.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks did not execute on the last play. Period.

They were on the 1 yard line with 24 seconds left.
They countered against the NE goal line stand D with a perceived miss match on coverage.

Also they were up 24-14 late in the game and the defense gave up 2 TDs.

I blame the DC who was distracted by the Atlanta job.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only question is whether Wilson will get paid more or less than Luck.

I think Luck still has another year because he was a 1st rounder. Since Wilson will get his deal first, Luck's will likely be higher