• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Westbrook-The Art of War

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good article. Westbrook is having a good season. He's certainly relishing the role of being the guy with the Thunder.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's certainly relishing the role of being the guy with the Thunder.

It'll be interesting to see how long before he starts demanding that OKC get him some help. Seems like wiinning on their own something that some guys just need to try.

MJ had to try it. Kobe had to try it. Now Westbrook.

They both needed help, so will he. Hopefully, he figures it out quicker than those 2 did. Although, to be fair, he may just be doing what he has to do and is already telling the FO to get him some help.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting to see how long before he starts demanding that OKC get him some help. Seems like wiinning on their own something that some guys just need to try.

They both needed help, so will he. Hopefully, he figures it out quicker than those 2 did. Although, to be fair, he may just be doing what he has to do and is already telling the FO to get him some help.

If I am right about Westbrook, I am not sure he wants help. Quality role players, yes, but he strikes me as the type of guy who does not want to share the spotlight. He is as competitive as anybody in the NBA, but he also wants to win on his terms. At times it felt like he was competing with KD for the spotlight in past years.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I am right about Westbrook, I am not sure he wants help. Quality role players, yes, but he strikes me as the type of guy who does not want to share the spotlight. He is as competitive as anybody in the NBA, but he also wants to win on his terms. At times it felt like he was competing with KD for the spotlight in past years.

Yeah, he may have to make the same decision MJ and Kobe had to make. Do you want to be 100% "the man" and win a few playoff games? Or do you want to share a little of the spotlight and win rings.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol, he had help and the help left him high and dry. I'm sure Westbrook will get Cousins next season if the Mavs don't snatch him up first.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last couple games he has been a whiny little bitch when everything isn't going his way.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, he had help and the help left him high and dry. I'm sure Westbrook will get Cousins next season if the Mavs don't snatch him up first.

Help (Shaq) left Kobe too. Kobe was content to try to do it himself, but after 3 seasons that included no playoffs once and 2 first round exits, he told the FO to get him some help.

MJ had help, but the Bulls didn't start winning titles until he figured out how to include them.

As for Boogie ending up in Dallas? I'll be surprised if that happens. Not because they aren't a good franchise, but because top FA's just don't ever seem to go there. I have no idea why, either. They usually have a very good team, they have a superstar in Dirk (although age seems to have finally caught up to him) who, for years, said he was more than happy to share the spotlight, I've heard Dallas has a great nightlife and they have a very player friendly owner. Yet, for whatever reason, they just can't ever seem to land a top FA. I just don't get it.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Help (Shaq) left Kobe too. Kobe was content to try to do it himself, but after 3 seasons that included no playoffs once and 2 first round exits, he told the FO to get him some help.

MJ had help, but the Bulls didn't start winning titles until he figured out how to include them.

As for Boogie ending up in Dallas? I'll be surprised if that happens. Not because they aren't a good franchise, but because top FA's just don't ever seem to go there. I have no idea why, either. They usually have a very good team, they have a superstar in Dirk (although age seems to have finally caught up to him) who, for years, said he was more than happy to share the spotlight, I've heard Dallas has a great nightlife and they have a very player friendly owner. Yet, for whatever reason, they just can't ever seem to land a top FA. I just don't get it.

Yeah, we don't get it either. The money is here to throw around. I think they might try and build thru draft since they might get a lottery pick for a change.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he may have to make the same decision MJ and Kobe had to make. Do you want to be 100% "the man" and win a few playoff games? Or do you want to share a little of the spotlight and win rings.

Kobe is the guy who Westbrook reminds me most of in terms of personality and competitive drive.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OKC doesn't have the money to sign anyone. They would need to unload Adam's and Kanter's contracts. I would prefer them to trade Kanter for a player like Otto Porter.