• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russ not happy in Seattle?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly it right here and I have no idea how people cannot grasp this.

Who the hell wants to trade a hall of fame QB whos under contract who also has a good 5-6 years left in the tank for a couple of 1st round picks in the back end of the round? The only possible scenario would be if we traded Russ to Chicago that same package send to Houston along with a package of 1st round picks from the Seahawks and in return the Hawks get Watson. So the Hawks get Watson, Bears get RW and Houston gets like 5 first round picks and players. It would be a blockbuster. But the Hawks don't have any firsts.
The trading Wilson other than anything that isn’t 4 plus first round picks is pointless. For Watson straight up, sure and Seattle would win that deal immediately and in the future. But Russ isn’t going anyway but it makes no sense that any Seahawks fan could choose a “side” at the moment. Russ wanted X, Pete Carroll gave him X. If it is a Russ vs Pete situation, neither need to go or both have to.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah not that I can tell just that they are working on it
Hate to throw cold water on the news, but think this rumor started from a article from the News Tribune (Tacoma) where Greg Bell had a idea of having RW restructuring so the Seahawks could go out and sign OL . Just his idea, not some breaking news.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to throw cold water on the news, but think this rumor started from a article from the News Tribune (Tacoma) where Greg Bell had a idea of having RW restructuring so the Seahawks could go out and sign OL . Just his idea, not some breaking news.
They’ve been pretty on the money with almost all their tweets about potential deals.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do they mean it would "void a trade?"

There was never going to be a trade to be voided.

Weird phrasing
Well why would restructure his contract to help the team clear some cap then demand a trade

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this whole thing blew up in Wilson's face. I'm sure that he just wanted to get the message out that he's really unhappy with some things and is sick of the FO saying "we'll listen to offers for anybody on the roster" every season but he just underestimated the response from reporters who have nothing else to report on during the offseason. The guy's not tradable because of his contract and the FO would be fools to trade him because he puts the team in the playoff hunt with his presence alone. Whole thing is a non-story though. He isn't going anywhere.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does dead cap money exist? If a team trades a player to another team why wouldn't that team take over his contract payments?

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does dead cap money exist? If a team trades a player to another team why wouldn't that team take over his contract payments?

I've often wondered that myself. I imagine it probably has something to do with signing players and immediately trading them away, but no trade clauses could be put in for that.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its more about releasing a player than trading that way cant just drop anybody u want to without some cost

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dead money in a trade is counting the money that the previous team has already paid the player in the form of a signing bonus. The team that is trading for the player takes on all other guaranteed money. But that dead cap hit is just accounting for what the trading team spent on the player previously.

You can't have a team pay a player a signing bonus and then have the trading team take the cap hit. You would have shitty owners only looking to make the most money trading away all their draft picks away every single year just to absorb cap hits that they didn't pay out in order to maximize owner revenue. And high revenue team would signs players for a team like that and essentially just start buying draft picks and quality players.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Essentially it's to prevent the NFL from becoming dominated by a few mega-rich owners trying to buy success whilst other owners try to make as much money as possible by spending as little as possible. Dead money is the only true cap control.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets not spending like wild bandits with all that cap space makes me wonder if they have one eye on Watson

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets not spending like wild bandits with all that cap space makes me wonder if they have one eye on Watson
It’s what they do. I can recall Jets(the poster) yapping about all the cap space the team had every year for a decade. Pay no attention. They have no real interest in building a winning product there.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Essentially it's to prevent the NFL from becoming dominated by a few mega-rich owners trying to buy success whilst other owners try to make as much money as possible by spending as little as possible. Dead money is the only true cap control.
That has some truth to it. But the true solution would be to ditch the convoluted b.s. system the NFL currently has and have guaranteed contracts instead. The current system is just crap to allow the teams to cut guys who get injured or have outlived their usefulness, but are still under contract. It does allow for interesting cap manipulation though.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s what they do. I can recall Jets(the poster) yapping about all the cap space the team had every year for a decade. Pay no attention. They have no real interest in building a winning product there.

I think they have interest in it

they just don’t know how to do it

pats with less money just signed 10 guys the Jets could use

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it starts with the Jets’ ownership not having the first clue or any interest in the team. But they always seem to hire the wrong guys, too. Maybe they should have kept Rex Ryan. He’s the best thing that happened to them in 20+ years.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I always used to mock Jets(the poster) about this with the “MUH CAP SPACE” thing. Every year he was all excited about all these great things they were going to do and every year they blew it on retreads and never-were types. It’s kind of sad. Every decade, or so, you should have some dumb luck and hit on a few guys. Not them, though.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I always used to mock Jets(the poster) about this with the “MUH CAP SPACE” thing. Every year he was all excited about all these great things they were going to do and every year they blew it on retreads and never-were types. It’s kind of sad. Every decade, or so, you should have some dumb luck and hit on a few guys. Not them, though.

Just always starts with the right QB, that’s why they can really never get going. They lucked out with the Rex years winning with defense and pedestrian QB play that didn’t kill them. That’s not sustainable