• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russ not happy in Seattle?

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give Wilson a running game, a stud TE and solid protection and I think he would be the best QB in the NFL.

I don't think most get just how many NFL firsts/records he holds, his first nine seasons better than anyone elses in history.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give Wilson a running game, a stud TE and solid protection and I think he would be the best QB in the NFL.

I don't think most get just how many NFL firsts/records he holds, his first nine seasons better than anyone elses in history.
Rank that Olineman #1.

A good oline automatically improves the run game. It obviously improves the passing game if he has a couple seconds to scan the field. And it allows average TEs like Dissly and Hollister to find that open field underneath, boosting their value.

It's all about the trenches.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Seattle wouldn't trade Wilson because Wilson wants it but to make the best football decision and maximize his trade value.

I don't think Wilson gets traded this offseason because the cap hit is too large to really be feasible. I do think he has decent odds of getting traded next offseason.

The main reason he likely will get traded at some point is I don't see a Carroll run Seahawks team giving him a top dollar contract again when they were dragging their feet to pay him his current deal.

We can say how important having a QB like Wilson is and I don't disagree but the guy calling the shots sees an elite QB as a luxury not a necessity and he'd rather a Derek Carr kind of QB that's pretty good but not so good that he'll command $40+ million a year with his contract.

Pete's response to letting Russ cook wasn't that they had success with it early on and they just need to make adjustments to clean up the issues they had later on in the season to make sure the dish wasn't getting burned but his response was they needed to run the ball more. Which for Carroll translates into "We need to go back to doing what we did in 2012 and run the ball 30+ times and pass less than 20.".

My speculation is that moment when Pete said they need to run the ball more is when him and Wilson really had a divide because for Wilson that just confirmed they'd never see eye to eye offensively. Wilson wants to keep cooking and Pete basically wants to kick him out of the kitchen and make him a game manager again and only let him cook in the 4th if they are down.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle wouldn't trade Wilson because Wilson wants it but to make the best football decision and maximize his trade value.

I don't think Wilson gets traded this offseason because the cap hit is too large to really be feasible. I do think he has decent odds of getting traded next offseason.

The main reason he likely will get traded at some point is I don't see a Carroll run Seahawks team giving him a top dollar contract again when they were dragging their feet to pay him his current deal.

We can say how important having a QB like Wilson is and I don't disagree but the guy calling the shots sees an elite QB as a luxury not a necessity and he'd rather a Derek Carr kind of QB that's pretty good but not so good that he'll command $40+ million a year with his contract.

Pete's response to letting Russ cook wasn't that they had success with it early on and they just need to make adjustments to clean up the issues they had later on in the season to make sure the dish wasn't getting burned but his response was they needed to run the ball more. Which for Carroll translates into "We need to go back to doing what we did in 2012 and run the ball 30+ times and pass less than 20.".

My speculation is that moment when Pete said they need to run the ball more is when him and Wilson really had a divide because for Wilson that just confirmed they'd never see eye to eye offensively. Wilson wants to keep cooking and Pete basically wants to kick him out of the kitchen and make him a game manager again and only let him cook in the 4th if they are down.

Pete Carroll will not be the Seahawks Head Coach when Russ is up for a new contract.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE just sured up their OL by resigning OT Trent Brown back from the Raiders.

Hmmmmm

Hello Russ this is BB.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE just sured up their OL by resigning OT Trent Brown back from the Raiders.

Hmmmmm

Hello Russ this is BB.

Hello BB, this is RG. Here is your fine for tampering.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ring
Ring
Ring
Ring
Ring
Ring
Ring
Ring

Yes this is BB I only pick up after 8 rings

Hi BB, you know why I'm calling. You've been caught cheating. Again.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi BB, you know why I'm calling. You've been caught cheating. Again.
Who is this? I deal in facts. Not conspiracy **

Is this the same guy who sent a letter stating you can film from here but not there.

Thanks for calling and those 7 trophies you handed me.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ isnt going anywhere. Bears dont have the ammo to pull off such a trade.

Don't understand why people fail to see how much a franchise QB is worth. 3 1st rounders where the Bears are drafting is a JOKE of an offer for a player like Russ. It doesn't scratch the surface of what it would actually take to be something close to replacement value for a QB like Wilson.

....and Wilson and Watson can cry all they want. This isn't the NBA. Players cant force a trade if they are under contract.

Can't believe all the people falling for the clickbait this offseason.
This is exactly it right here and I have no idea how people cannot grasp this.

Who the hell wants to trade a hall of fame QB whos under contract who also has a good 5-6 years left in the tank for a couple of 1st round picks in the back end of the round? The only possible scenario would be if we traded Russ to Chicago that same package send to Houston along with a package of 1st round picks from the Seahawks and in return the Hawks get Watson. So the Hawks get Watson, Bears get RW and Houston gets like 5 first round picks and players. It would be a blockbuster. But the Hawks don't have any firsts.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think Russ gets traded at all. He put his stamp on the OC he wanted. Why trade him a year from now when the FO is listening to his request? If Pete hired another OC based on his scheme, than I can agree he gets traded out next season.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Russ gets traded at all. He put his stamp on the OC he wanted. Why trade him a year from now when the FO is listening to his request? If Pete hired another OC based on his scheme, than I can agree he gets traded out next season.
Next season Seahawks got a ton of cap space. Should be able to sign players that put a smile on his face.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next season Seahawks got a ton of cap space. Should be able to sign players that put a smile on his face.
Also Russ stated he doesn’t want to be traded