• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumored OC and DC

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be ridiculous..... Geno Atkins does not fit in a 3-4 at all. You just paid him big money. Carlos Dunlap doesn't fit in a 3-4 at all and you just paid him big money. Hubbard and Lawson would have to be OLBs in a 3-4 and neither has any experience with it. And we don't have a nose tackle.

Our personnel doesn't fit 3-4....They weren't drafted for that scheme and it doesn't make much sense. I think Geno and Dunlap can anchor the line for another 3-4 years and I think Lawson and Hubbard need to play their natural positions.

There you go. Dennis Allen is our next DC.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And down goes another. No Del Rio, no Dennis Allen.

Overpaying for Brent Veneable is sounding better and better.

Dude we’re getting Dom. We either embrace the suck, or tandem jump from the top of PBS.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*shrug* Maybe he has figured out why he sucks by now and we will be okay until we can find a better candidate. lol

Only took 4 decades lol. I’m convinced this guy gave Colin Kaepernick a career. His Packer defenses got absolutely annihilated the few times they played SF.

Lamar Jackson is destined for Canton if they hire this guy.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the idea of some experience in the building..... But I think I'd rather have an unknown guy building a career rather than Dom Capers or some other dude that the game has passed by. The only 'vet' that I still have interest in is John Fox - I think he'd still be good but I don't think he wants to coach.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked Del Rio. It didn’t happen.

Fox or Allen would be fine. One is staying in broadcasting and the other got extended by the Saints. At this point, bring on an up and comer.

Dom Capers would be an abysmal hire. The type of hire the 90’s Bengals would make. I’d rather one of us on SportsHoopla coach the defense..

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Veteran DC (out side the box) candidate that has not been discussed, has head coaching experience, was a good defensive coordinator when with the Patriots....

How about Rex Ryan? Talk him out of retirement.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Veteran DC (out side the box) candidate that has not been discussed, has head coaching experience, was a good defensive coordinator when with the Patriots....

How about Rex Ryan? Talk him out of retirement.

He'd be a great coordinator for anyone, but isn't going to take a DC job. He stands to make money in television whenever he wants.... I think he's over coaching.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing Marquand Manuel's name being thrown around. He was seen as an up and coming coach and a promising young coordinator for the Falcons until this season... I don't think he can be blamed for how bad they were - That team was decimated by injuries.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd be a great coordinator for anyone, but isn't going to take a DC job. He stands to make money in television whenever he wants.... I think he's over coaching.

He was all over trying to become the Hurricanes or Dolphins HC at the end of the regular season. Then the Hurricanes and Dolphins named their HC's. His quickest way back into HC'ing is to come in and do what he does best, call defensive plays. Make him more marketable again for a HC job when one comes available next year.

Rex Ryan says he will likely leave ESPN and return to coaching in 2019

Rex Ryan reportedly interested in Dolphins job if Adam Gase fired

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing Marquand Manuel's name being thrown around. He was seen as an up and coming coach and a promising young coordinator for the Falcons until this season... I don't think he can be blamed for how bad they were - That team was decimated by injuries.

Former Bengal....sounds about right.

I think Kris Richard would be the best candidate still. But Rex Ryan or John Fox would be good experienced candidates also.

I hear Marvin Lewis is available. He might be a decent Defensive Coordinator...lol

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see Rex taking a DC position.... He's an egomaniac.... He can feed that ego on television until someone mistakenly gives him a job. I could see him having success in college.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor's father in law is Mike Sherman. Don't know if he would want to work under his son in law, but he could influence some hires. Maybe some of Mike Sherman's assistants?

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I just don't see Rex taking a DC position.... He's an egomaniac.... He can feed that ego on television until someone mistakenly gives him a job. I could see him having success in college.

KC made some sense. It could have been a SB there and another shot as a head coaching job quickly if everything fell into place.

The fact that Schefter is a colleague at ESPN and the one leaking it makes me think Ryan wants to keep his own name out there.

Buy he's way too expensive/high profile for the job here.