• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumor: RGIII has tore MCL & PCL

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
partial ACL tear, partial LCL teal which is much MUCH better news.

Report: Robert Griffin III has partial tears of ACL, LCL; will undergo further testing on Tuesday | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo! Sports

I have no idea how the MCL didn't tear, BTW.

I am still going to hold my breath until the second opinion.

Shanny better start praying......cause if I'm Snyder and my franchise QB that looks to be the saviour of the franchise is hurt longterm, he's fired, no question.

You don't sacrifice the future for ONE game. Skins were lucky to even be in the playoffs, they should have plenty of chances to improve. But you never flush the future down the toilet for minimal gains in the present.

Good luck to RG3, let's hope he gets healthy fairly quickly.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nats look uber-smart today. Just saying.

I know it is not a directly appropriate comparison, but lol.

I never understood that "controversy"

Play him and risk ruining would could be a HOF career for what? What were the Nats going to gain? If they were headed to the WS then maybe I'd understand.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never understood that "controversy"

Play him and risk ruining would could be a HOF career for what? What were the Nats going to gain? If they were headed to the WS then maybe I'd understand.

They were the #1 seed in the NL and lost 3-2 without their ace, with the deciding loss being 9-7. They would have made the World Series, and probably would have won it.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were the #1 seed in the NL and lost 3-2 without their ace, with the deciding loss being 9-7. They would have made the World Series, and probably would have won it.

There's no guarantee that would have happened either. Coulda woulda shoulda has never made any sense to me.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No point in even engaging him, it just encourages him.

Anyway, Shanahan has a history of doing this with guys as well, and it is really sad.

In fairness, I'd guess most NFL coaches have a history of talking guys into playing when they probably shouldn't - this case was just more high profile. For example: Johnson says Pats coach ignored LB's concussion - NFL - ESPN. That's just part of the game in the league. But this one just didn't make sense (1) because of the investment the organization has in Griffin, and (2) His friggin' effectiveness was so limited by the injury, when a more-or-less capable replacement was available. The time to put Cousins in was early in the game, when (2) was so apparent, so he could settle in and get going. This was a really bad move on Shanahan's part.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone wants to play the blame game but really, both the Skins coaches and RG3 are at fault here.

Griffin learned a valuable lesson as a young leader and that's sometimes you have to step away. He's so hellbent on being a great leader. It's all he ever talks about and he even did the stereotypical "sit by yourself at your locker with your jersey on" postgame thing yesterday according to reports. There's more to being a leader than just putting a team on your bag and telling guys how much you care. Griffin was injured to the point where his play actually hurt his team. But he wanted to be a leader and gut it out. He even had some stupid "in the battle" quote on Twitter today about it. He ignored his body trying to be a leader, perhaps even selfishly, and it cost him and his team. He still has some maturing to do despite all the praise he gets and maybe he learned something from this.

As for Shannahan and the coaches, I don't blame them all that much as most do. I do think they should have benched him some time around midway thru the 3rd, but it's not like his decision was brazingly stupid. He did what ever coach would have done, ask his star if he can go. It's the playoffs, not week 6. Any coach that tells you otherwise is a damn liar. You'd hope your player isn't lying to you and can play. This "players will always play" line of thinking is a joke. They aren't animals. They are people who can think.So really, both parts are a fault but for some reason in today's world, we have to ignorantly place blame on one person.

What people should be directing their anger at more is Washington's dumbass playcalling with a hobbled Griffin. Morris basically won the game last week, yet he gets 16 carries this week even though he still looked good running. And they're still running options with a hurt RG3. That's the stupid part. If you're going to leave Griffin in, feed Morris 30 times a game and just call PAs for Griffin. And if they won the game like that, no one would be having a discussion on how dumb is Mike Shannahan while also canonizing RG3 for being such a leader and gutting it out.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still feel sick to my stomach whenever I think about it. What a horrible fucking decision. I want to see RGIII play damnit. I do want him to slide more, though...

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Everyone wants to play the blame game but really, both the Skins coaches and RG3 are at fault here.

Griffin learned a valuable lesson as a young leader and that's sometimes you have to step away. He's so hellbent on being a great leader. It's all he ever talks about and he even did the stereotypical "sit by yourself at your locker with your jersey on" postgame thing yesterday according to reports. There's more to being a leader than just putting a team on your bag and telling guys how much you care. Griffin was injured to the point where his play actually hurt his team. But he wanted to be a leader and gut it out. He even had some stupid "in the battle" quote on Twitter today about it. He ignored his body trying to be a leader, perhaps even selfishly, and it cost him and his team. He still has some maturing to do despite all the praise he gets and maybe he learned something from this.

As for Shannahan and the coaches, I don't blame them all that much as most do. I do think they should have benched him some time around midway thru the 3rd, but it's not like his decision was brazingly stupid. He did what ever coach would have done, ask his star if he can go. It's the playoffs, not week 6. Any coach that tells you otherwise is a damn liar. You'd hope your player isn't lying to you and can play. This "players will always play" line of thinking is a joke. They aren't animals. They are people who can think.So really, both parts are a fault but for some reason in today's world, we have to ignorantly place blame on one person.

What people should be directing their anger at more is Washington's dumbass playcalling with a hobbled Griffin. Morris basically won the game last week, yet he gets 16 carries this week even though he still looked good running. And they're still running options with a hurt RG3. That's the stupid part. If you're going to leave Griffin in, feed Morris 30 times a game and just call PAs for Griffin. And if they won the game like that, no one would be having a discussion on how dumb is Mike Shannahan while also canonizing RG3 for being such a leader and gutting it out.
This is more my thinking as well. Morris should have been getting the ball more and they did still have a lead through 3 qtrs. I'm not sure that by that time, pulling RG3 would have helped as much. Seattle had all the momentum and the Skins D had no answer for Lynch and the Seahawk front was picking up the blitz. I do agree that RG3 was seriously hobbled and his throws were off as well as his mobility. The problem is like people have pointed out already, remember how Jay Cutler got crucified for coming out. There would be criticism no matter what. If Cousins gets shut down by the Hawks defense, we are all still screaming for Shanahan's head anyway. It comes from the game being lost and it's just second guessing.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RGIII having surgery today. Was supposed to begin at 8am. Dr Andrews is performing the surgery. Complete tear of ACL & LCL. Recovery time is 6-8 months.