• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumor: RGIII has tore MCL & PCL

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i've only had a partial MCL tear, and i certainly knew shit wasn't right immediately

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No way you come back from a torn ACL and PCL in less than a year, dude.

This is the same injury Manningham just had, and they said he should be back early next season. I'm no expert but that's what the expert did say.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I assume you're talking about the PCL, because ACL injuries don't keep guys out nearly that long anymore......AP was back on the field 8 months later.

Posterior Cruciate Ligament Injuries | David R. McAllister, MD | Los Angeles Orthopaedic Surgeon

Usually, 6-9 months of physical therapy are required postoperatively before you can return to sports

PCL Tear (Posterior Cruciate Ligament)

There are an estimated 20 PCL injuries each season in the NFL. They more commonly occur during game competition. The great majority of these injuries do no require surgery to reconstruct the knee.

Shawne Merriman | World of Orthopedics

The probowl linebacker suffered two torn ligaments in his knee but decided to play the rest of the season before having surgery. Two torn ligaments required extensive reconstructive surgery and that’s exactly what Merriman did during the offseason. During kickoff week, Merriman took the field with the rest of his San Diego defense Monday night against the Raiders. Merriman, along with the rest of the defense managed to hold off the Raiders and pull off a 24-20 win.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also has a torn LCL, you realize, correct? 6-9 months physical therapy post-op is pretty damn optimistic. They also cannot do the repair surgery right away, because of tissue damage. Also, returning from a torn ACL with a healthy PCL/MCL/LCL is a lot different than returning from 3-4 damaged, two completely torn. You don't just find the longest recovery and go with that. :L. We have two PTs here on the board that can weigh in when they get here, but talking to PTs and Orthopods that I know, a year is about as optimistic as you get. Also, AP had not torn the ACL once already.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
On the other hand, Jake Ballard was playing with a torn PCL, then tore his ACL as well during the Super Bowl......and he spent the entire year on the PUP. But its hard to say what happened there, because if he was a more important player they probably would have kept him on the active roster until he was ready to play.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He also has a torn LCL, you realize, correct?

Who, RG3? We are in a thread titled "RGIII has tore MCL & PCL", though I heard it was ACL......if you have different information then that may be a different story.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
torn ACL and PCL is the current rumor (which i don't believe, see my rant post above) and he already had a partial tear of his LCL going into the game.

I can't see how his MCL survived that so if I had to guess (being a vet of 4 knee surgeries myself) it is a torn MCL at minimum and possibly a torn MCL/ACL based on the mode of injury.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wes Welker tore ACL and MCL in the final game of 2009-10 season, and was back for game 1 of 2010 season.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
and he already had a partial tear of his LCL going into the game.

Well I think its fair to say this is speculation. My guess is that everything was fucked *going into* the game, based on how it crumbled with no contact, and how Dr. Andrews washed his hands of the situation publicly.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And I should add that I am not Dr. Andrews, posting on this board anonymously.....I have no expertise. But I do always pay attention to these injuries, I find them grimly fascinating.

BTW, Heath Miller, Manningham and now RG3 reportedly with the same ACL/PCL injuries this year. We'll see who has the best surgeon and rehab........

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Miller or Manningham had already torn the ACL in the same knee and had a full reconstruction done once. I assume that does not make things any easier.

I would also not be shocked if they all had the same surgeon.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as much as everyone wants to place all the blame on the coach ,,RGIII should have taken some responsibility for his own well being and said I aint playing my knee isnt right... I honestly feel bad for the guy ... I know easier said than done too .. but that trophy isnt worth a young stars career

Kid Vicarious

FearLes
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Masked.jpg

LMAO

Seriously tho i feel really bad for RGIII. what did they want him to say? "no doc i can't play?

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck I hope he is ok. I cant see anything legit that says he tore anything new.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see how this affects team chemistry. RGIII has always seen like a class act to me, and we'll see if he uses this injury to help guide his team forward (i.e. supporting Shanahan and Cousins) or whether it creates a tension in the locker room. Team dynamics are always underrated by the media, but they are crucial. How RGIII and Washington handles the team dynamic could be the difference between dynasty and the team getting torn apart.