• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumor: RGIII has tore MCL & PCL

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OUCH

bent-knee-anatomy.jpg

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is terrible. Stupid stupid stupid to let him play. Unreal.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said ehen I watching game whoever is responsible for this should get canned, obviously Shanahan. It is ridiculous he acted like this was the SB. He could barely walk on the leg, and It was affecting his play on thr field. Its not like you have a slapdick at backup, he has started before and did well.

I mean look at the Vikings, Ponder wasnt 100% and they started a guy way worse than Cousins. But it was the right move.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, that's some serious bruising. He's got something torn in there. What have they said publicly about his injury?

That's not a tear; his arm and elbow collided with a safety's helmet during the last regular season game. He literally got jacked up :lol:

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like he lost a fight with a waffle iron....

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Cutler has to be shaking his head on this discussion.

Personally, I go back and forth on this situation. If he were a player on a team that I am not a fan of, I would say he should have played. He's a football player, football is dangerous, blah, blah, blah...we've all heard and made these statements.

As a Redskins fan, in hindsight I really wish they would have taken him out. I was at the game, and I can say for sure I did not think that during the game. Sure, we could tell he was gimpy, but I did not notice that he tweaked it on that second drive (too busy cursing Pierre at the time for not catching the ball). I just can't bring myself to crucify Shanahan on this. Ligaments tear when you're healthy, ligaments tear when you're injured. He was trying to win a game. If it sounds to you like I'm waffling on this, you'd be right.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day, Shanahan should have pulled him the first time he came up limping hard, but RGIII needs to be mature enough to say when he can't go. He probably shouldn't have been playing the last 2 games

Then get bashed by your fellow players like Cutler and L.T.
You're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Cutler has to be shaking his head on this discussion.

Personally, I go back and forth on this situation. If he were a player on a team that I am not a fan of, I would say he should have played. He's a football player, football is dangerous, blah, blah, blah...we've all heard and made these statements.

As a Redskins fan, in hindsight I really wish they would have taken him out. I was at the game, and I can say for sure I did not think that during the game. Sure, we could tell he was gimpy, but I did not notice that he tweaked it on that second drive (too busy cursing Pierre at the time for not catching the ball). I just can't bring myself to crucify Shanahan on this. Ligaments tear when you're healthy, ligaments tear when you're injured. He was trying to win a game. If it sounds to you like I'm waffling on this, you'd be right.

+1

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coach is the adult. he needs to let the doctor do his thing and then LISTEN TO WHAT THE GUY WITH THE FUCKING MD TELLS HIM!!!!!!!!

Reports now that it is a torn ACL and PCL and he is done for 14-18 months. I find that sort of hard to believe because you can almost see the MCL tear on the replay, and I doubt he would have been able to walk off the field if it was ACL and PCL which gets me to my next point, WHY THE FUCK DID THEY LET HIM WALK OFF THE FIELD, GO OUT AND SHAKE HANDS, WALK TO THE PODIUM etc etc etc....!!!!

The amount of idiocy by the organization is through the roof. Were you trying to hide the injury for next we....OH THERE IS NO FUCKING NEXT WEEK!!!

Shanahan just said the MRI wasn't clear so he went to Pensacola for a second opinion. I can translate this for you "Holy F is it a bad injury, but I will tall you about it in a few days when emotions calm down."

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
510087-coach_bud_kilmer.jpg

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coach is the adult. he needs to let the doctor do his thing and then LISTEN TO WHAT THE GUY WITH THE FUCKING MD TELLS HIM!!!!!!!!

Reports now that it is a torn ACL and PCL and he is done for 14-18 months. I find that sort of hard to believe because you can almost see the MCL tear on the replay, and I doubt he would have been able to walk off the field if it was ACL and PCL which gets me to my next point, WHY THE FUCK DID THEY LET HIM WALK OFF THE FIELD, GO OUT AND SHAKE HANDS, WALK TO THE PODIUM etc etc etc....!!!!

The amount of idiocy by the organization is through the roof. Were you trying to hide the injury for next we....OH THERE IS NO FUCKING NEXT WEEK!!!

Shanahan just said the MRI wasn't clear so he went to Pensacola for a second opinion. I can translate this for you "Holy F is it a bad injury, but I will tall you about it in a few days when emotions calm down."

Agree entirely.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
When you saw his knee bend sideways with no serious pressure - just a misstep - you could be fairly certain there were torn ligaments. The brace was the only thing holding his knee together.

And they didn't even let Andrews look at the knee, which is why Andrews came out before the game and said he didn't approve. Any idiot knew it was fucked, and Andrews probably knew exactly what was wrong with it from the start.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also love the term "shredded ACL/PCL" Anyone who knows what those ligaments look like and what the injuries look like know shredded or cut precisely with a razor, it's all the same. It gets replaced. It looks like a mop when it tears. It ALWAYS shreds. Hyperbole much?

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Reports now that it is a torn ACL and PCL and he is done for 14-18 months.

No way in the world on that timeframe - cut it in half.

I find that sort of hard to believe because you can almost see the MCL tear on the replay,

I bet the knee was already entirely fucked, I doubt he did much further damage......did you see how extreme his leg bent on the initial injury? He probably tore everything back when he first hurt it.