• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rules changes results

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those that didn't see them.

Although I'm sure there is a reason or they wouldn't have done it, I will throw this one into the "why even bother category":

7. Adjust the time of the roster reduction from 53 after the fourth preseason game from 6 p.m. Eastern to 4 p.m. Eastern. All teams would have to have their list of final cuts in by 4 p.m. PASSED

I also like the rule extending the goal posts higher. If I remember there was something about not being able to review FGs that went higher than the goal posts. If that isn't allowed, I think it should be. You can always say inconclusive, but why not take a look.

Five rules changes get NFL owners? approval at league meeting | ProFootballTalk

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish the personal foul penalties and review would have passed. A lot of these fouls are so ticky tacky that that defenses have a really hard time getting of the field. IMO it's hurting the quality of the game.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish the personal foul penalties and review would have passed. A lot of these fouls are so ticky tacky that that defenses have a really hard time getting of the field. IMO it's hurting the quality of the game.

But I wonder if it would work both ways. If it passed wouldn't they be able to review a play that wasn't originally called a personal foul to see if it should have been?

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like the refs in the booth to be able to review during an injury stoppage. Since the game has been stopped anyway, make sure there wasn't a personal foul that could have been missed or even to call a delay penalty like if the guy just fell down without contact to slow down an offense.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im really just tired of all the changes that are being made or even mentioned as potential possibilities. The recent comment by Cuban just may carry some weight. I love the NFL and I do agree it is a dangerous sport and I do understand the need for safety but some of the expansion talk to London , an increase in games , etc. is just too much. Leave it as is. Safety issues , like I said, I agree with. The extra point thing- leave it alone. Its not broken. Im getting sick of Goddell

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im really just tired of all the changes that are being made or even mentioned as potential possibilities. The recent comment by Cuban just may carry some weight. I love the NFL and I do agree it is a dangerous sport and I do understand the need for safety but some of the expansion talk to London , an increase in games , etc. is just too much. Leave it as is. Safety issues , like I said, I agree with. The extra point thing- leave it alone. Its not broken. Im getting sick of Goddell
:agree:100%

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11. Don’t stop the clock on a sack. PASSED

I thought the clock continued to run on a sack already.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Me too. Leave the game alone.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11. Don’t stop the clock on a sack. PASSED

I thought the clock continued to run on a sack already.

I think they stop it until they spot the ball and then once the ball is spotted they start it again. So if your QB is sacked and can't call the next play, the game won't end. I don't care about this either way. Same for both teams...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they stop it until they spot the ball and then once the ball is spotted they start it again. So if your QB is sacked and can't call the next play, the game won't end. I don't care about this either way. Same for both teams...

I guess that must be how it was. I do know the offense scrambles to the LOS after a sack when they are in hurry up.