• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rule out paps going to Detroit

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just traded for a better (and cheaper) reliever in Jose Veras. Smart move by them. Now it's down to Boston, Arizona, and possibly Los Angeles to try to dump the bum. After the statement he made earlier, shop him as aggressively as possible. What an asshole

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't trade Paps now. They'll want to concentrate on hitting. I think if they want to move him they'll wait till the season is over so the team will have a closer till then..

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His stock would go way down by then. The best time to move an overrated, over payed, arrogant prick is at the trade deadline when teams are in the midst of a pennant race and will sacrifice the long term for one year (see: hunter pence, 2011). We need to move paps. Even if a team only takes a quarter of his contract, the son of a bitch needs to go.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as trading Paps if the Phillies can get something good back then I agree trade him

However, I disagree about him being a bum (I would certainly take Paps over Wagner any day). I agree with him. Who wants to play for this steaming pile of a team

I'm a fan and will always support the Phillies and such. I'll never give up on them. But I'm a realist as well - this team is just not good and the future if Amaro and Manuel are still hanging around looks a bit bleak

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as trading Paps if the Phillies can get something good back then I agree trade him

However, I disagree about him being a bum (I would certainly take Paps over Wagner any day). I agree with him. Who wants to play for this steaming pile of a team

I'm a fan and will always support the Phillies and such. I'll never give up on them. But I'm a realist as well - this team is just not good and the future if Amaro and Manuel are still hanging around looks a bit bleak

i think he's a bum. we gave him his money. he hasn't even pitched that well for us, and when he blows saves he talks about the "fundamentals." the fundamentals of the game are when you have 3 outs to not give up 2 runs, you get the job done. nobody wants to hear a lame excuse about "fundamentals." i can't wait until he's traded