• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Royals take the series from the Tigers, again

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck I just noticed, Ryan Rayburn has a .380 OBP and about the same K rate...and the just about the same SB and baserunning abilities...he could have batted leadoff for the tigers and done just as good....that one is just a bonus joke....don't get all worked up.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the insight. Reminds me of Bernie Williams, who was fast and athletic but utterly clueless on the basepaths.

Also, arm tends to be overrated drastically when rating outfielders. Other than RF, it's far less important than an outfielders range, positioning, route taking, and first step abilities. Jackson has those skills in droves.

His range is exceptional. And he has a certain smoothness when he's running full gate that doesn't seem normal.(if that makes sense) He also doesn't attempt to make highlight reel/web gem type grabs. He WON'T dive. Which I respect. But I get stuck on his arm strength. It's not like he's Johnny Damon or Brett Gardner, but it's cost a few runs.(less than teams stealing at will) I'll take his speed and decision making over a Francoeur type arm. (I'd put arm strength well below range in importance). But I'd probably put his arm strength at less than Grandersons. Who's mechanical awkward motion still seems weird. (AJs standup, leadoff triple, to left, was just on the replay, he's freaking fast for sure.)