1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Round Tracker 2020

Discussion in 'Golf Forum' started by NEhomer, Jan 8, 2020.

1. ATL96Steeler

ATL96Steeler Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Great to get a FEB round in up there!

Talk about wacky weather...we've had mid 50s to low 60s most of last week...but rain for Sat so we book for Sun...forecast was for 60.

Friday morning weather they forecasted flurries for the GA mountains...rain for ATL metro for Sat. high 53.

Sat morning about 8, I tell the wife I was heading out to pick up a few things and hit some balls before the rain comes...she said, rain?...looks like snow, I turn and look out the window and sure enough, it was snowing and eventually dropped about 3+ inches out here. ATL proper and south metro only got rain. It stuck, but the temps did get pretty close to 50, by 5p it was off the roads.

Don't laugh, but 3 in of snow would shut ATL down if it was a weekday or if it had been forecasted, supermarkets wiped out of the basics.

Sunday it was pretty close to 60, but the overnight low was in the 30s, some snow was still on the ground up until about 10 so they didn't open.

Weird....my car said 74 driving home from work today.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BTHOtu

BTHOtu Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

GOLFTEC update. Finished one year of lessons and just did a fitting for new irons the other day. I hit every head/shaft combo they had. Callaway Maverick, Taylor Made, Ping, Mizuno, and Titleist. And compared them to my set of Ping G series.

7 iron

Ball speed (avg)
    before 89 mph
    after 104 mph

Back spin (avg)
    Before 3314 rpm
    After 5187 rpm

Angle of decent (avg)
    Before 40.5 deg
    After 47.0 deg

Yards (avg)
    Before 127.5 yards
    After 148.5 yards

off center (avg)
    Before 10.5 yards right
    After 3.0 yards left

New Irons
    Titleist T300 Irons
    Nippon Pro 880 steel 0.355 R flex shafts
    + 0.5” shaft length
    - 0.5 deg lie angle

• Like Like x 1
  3. gohusk

gohusk Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 200

Well this week I put my wedges and an 8 iron into the back of my car with full intent to go to the range/chipping green but it was closed. That's the closest I've come to swinging a club in a few months.

4. NEhomer

NEhomer Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 945

We're still frozen up here but I went over and hit balls with Joe yesterday. It only got up to 40 but with a little sun and no wind it wasn't too bad.

Tried out my new Puma shoes. They're very comfortable.

5. ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

More unpredictable GA winter.

This was on Friday morning...SAT forecast 52...Sun 55, but starting out warmer...we book for Sunday.

Sat was much like forecasted...maybe a little warmer even. Sun...they missed totally, some showers came through early morning, it never reached 50 degs much less 55...it might've gotten up to 45 near the end. We were troopers and hung in there. First time I can recall playing a sub 50 round in a long time.

1st 3 holes it was windy so it felt colder...but we got it in.

Not so great scoring 45-45 for me and I was low medal by 3.

heater.JPG

Thankfully cart partner Tim's a golf nut, prepared for everything! This little sucker made a difference.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Speaking of golf shoes...I was looking at Puma.

At one time in my life I used to do a bit of road running...5 & 10k and such.

New Balance and Asics were big brands...that I swore by. Both have gotten into the golf business a few years ago. I bought a pair of the NB recently. With the yucky weather Sunday, I kept them at home.

Comfy walking around.

The Adidas 360 tour has been the best golf shoe I've owned to date. I like the styling of the Pumas...may get a pair of their spikeless.

• Like Like x 1
  7. NEhomer

NEhomer Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 945

We're looking at 50s and sunny on Sunday so we're already shootin' texts!

I'm so stoked.. starting the season off without having yer leg cut off is way better.

8. fknhippie

fknhippie I'll shit in your shoes.

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 2,000

Fuck all of you.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

55...Gotta 12:37 for Sunday

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rex Racer

Rex Racer Ireverrent Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 2,609

Went down to the Golf & Ski Warehouse in Hudson, NH yesterday to have the new driver (Epic Flash) that my kids bought me adjusted for my swing. Hit some balls outside with a demo, then into one of the simulators for some analysis. I was hitting it pretty straight with an occasional light push, but my launch angle was deemed a bit too high. Made an adjustment and brought the loft down to 9.5 and that was much better. I left my irons there to have them re-gripped with some oversized Golf Pride grips.

Heading down to West Palm Beach a week from Wednesday and definitely bring the sticks. We have a large group heading to Miami for the Bruins/Panthers game on the 5th and my son and I will play somewhere on Friday :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rex Racer

Rex Racer Ireverrent Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 2,609

Lucky you!

12. ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Well...Sorta

Shot 45-46 (par is 36-35)....back to back snowmen on the front, and triple double back to back coming in...4 holes killed the round...the sad part is only one drive (#6) was really a bad drive...the other 3 holes I was playing my 2nd shot...short game was terrible. Very wet golf course, several flubs and we were trying to find dry ground...6 three jacks on the greens...3 of those were GIR too.

Hit some good iron shots though, hopefully I can keep that going...normally a pretty decent putter so I won't worry about that for now.

We'll see what this weekend brings, but we're almost into March...still not out of the woods for some funky winter weather, but for the most part we can count on mid-high 60s to low 70s...real GOLF weather!

• Like Like x 1