• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roster discussions(lines etc)

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hartnell - G - Vorachek
Schenn - Briere - Simmonds
Feds - Cooter - Read
Wellwood - Talbot - Rinaldo/Sestito

Coburn - Grossman
Timonen - Schenn
Mez - Gervais/Lilja

I think these are or at the very least should be the lines that the Flyers start out with this year. I would be willing to swap Schenn and Vorachek since I'm not sure how the first line will function with 2 pass first players on it. The 3rd line should be in game shape already and ready to really frustrate other teams. I also put Schenn with Timonen for 2 reasons. First because Timo is our best d-man and I think Schenn will benefit from having a calming veteran presence as his partner & secondly because I think Timo is going to need a large physical partner to help protect his body a bit in this crazy shoretned season.

I heard they may take a long look at Laughton and if that's the case I'd look at swapping Feds and Talbot(while moving Wellwood down) depending on which one is playing better.
Thoughts?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like it.. only thing i think that might be different is switching wellwood and feds.. i think wellwood and couturier have been playing together in the A for the past month or so

sounds like briere is going to miss a couple games, if the '9 game rule' is still effect, i would expect laughton to play a few games at least, just to see..

9 game rule - 9 games allowed in the NHL before you send them back to juniors and it doesn't start their contract

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like they're expecting that 9 game rule to go down to 5.. so i would think, if laughton does alright in camp, that he'll play the first few games while DB rests up

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wellwood deserves a shot and Im excited to see what he can do

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am very suprised to see wellwood only has 9 points in 29 games on the Phantoms

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the 2 games I saw and what I've read Wellwood has been a non-factor in the AHL this season. I'm not sure if he's just in Murray's dog house or if he thinks he doesn't have to try there. Like always I'm up for giving a guy a shot, however I fully agree with teh what have you done for me lately train of thought.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the 2 games I saw and what I've read Wellwood has been a non-factor in the AHL this season. I'm not sure if he's just in Murray's dog house or if he thinks he doesn't have to try there. Like always I'm up for giving a guy a shot, however I fully agree with teh what have you done for me lately train of thought.

Wellwood is so fast i think he would really help us with his backchecking more than anything.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont take too much stock in points on the phantoms.. the phantoms offense is atrocious

that being said, wellwood may very well be a 3rd line guy, i was just pointing out that i think him and coots have been playing together, if they were looking for any synergy

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Wellwood in the 3rd, Fedotenko on the 4th. Rinaldo>Sestito

Take it to the god damn bank, Kulikov's name next week will get tossed around with the Flyers, cock teasing us all

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll admit this love of Wellwood if mind boggling to me, yea he's fast but he really hasn't been doing anything for the phantoms & he won't be factoring into the Flyer PK at all. If he shows up hungry and earns his spot I'll be happy though.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched a couple Phantoms games this year and Wellwood was barely good enough to wing the 4th line. He may have played harder at other times, but not when I seen him.

Just sayin...

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all may recall that I am a huge fan of Wellwood. He is amazingly fast. He is not however, a finisher. I think they need someone better for the 3rd line.

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hartnell - G - Vorachek
Schenn - Briere - Simmonds
Feds - Cooter - Read
Wellwood - Talbot - Rinaldo/Sestito

Coburn - Grossman
Timonen - Schenn
Mez - Gervais/Lilja

I think these are or at the very least should be the lines that the Flyers start out with this year. I would be willing to swap Schenn and Vorachek since I'm not sure how the first line will function with 2 pass first players on it. The 3rd line should be in game shape already and ready to really frustrate other teams. I also put Schenn with Timonen for 2 reasons. First because Timo is our best d-man and I think Schenn will benefit from having a calming veteran presence as his partner & secondly because I think Timo is going to need a large physical partner to help protect his body a bit in this crazy shoretned season.

I heard they may take a long look at Laughton and if that's the case I'd look at swapping Feds and Talbot(while moving Wellwood down) depending on which one is playing better.
Thoughts?

Those lines and D combos look exactly right, I would add Gusty to the 6th pairing when he gets healthy, I have high hopes for him.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all may recall that I am a huge fan of Wellwood. He is amazingly fast. He is not however, a finisher. I think they need someone better for the 3rd line.

I agree, my post was supposed to say 'he may be a 4th liner', I was just pointing out his current linemates. Fedetenko is a better player at this point.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys are all right Wellwood will either flip the switch and play 3rd line or desperatly hang onto a 4th line role. He has it in him he may have been bored down there which is good or bad....

Gervais, Lilja, Gusty will be a season long battle hopefully Gusty wins out. I like Schenn with Timonen they'd probably do well. Mez was always better in a limited role.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wellwoods speed and backchecking ability make him fine for a third line player hopeflly he learns to finish that would be ideal.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wellwoods speed and backchecking ability make him fine for a third line player hopeflly he learns to finish that would be ideal.

Playing with couturier its mainly a defensive role anyway but man if those guys could shut down and score that would be money. I'd give welwood the chance fed could always move up at anytime you know what you get with him.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like a few Flyer writers have been having good vibes about McGinn going into camp. Hopefully he is good enough to steal the goon spot on the fourth line.