• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rose Bowl: Ohio St. is going down!

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, well, I was 8 years old the last time they lost a super bowl. I’m only a fan as Bruce Smith is a family friend. But dang it, if only I really cared? :noidea:
So you root for Va Tech and OSU? Holy shit man. Why does some asshole always gotta bandwagon one team or the other. Calvin Johnson knows people in my family and I'm not pimping his school either.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you root for Va Tech and OSU? Holy shit man. Why does some asshole always gotta bandwagon one team or the other. Calvin Johnson knows people in my family and I'm not pimping his school either.

Well little do you know I was born and raised in Blacksburg, next door neighbors and friend's with the AD's son, friend's with Bud Foster's son, good friends with the Beamer family and golfed a lot with Frank, family business was the main college bar downtown, dad was a booster for the cheerleaders (which was awesome btw, comes with perks), before attending Ohio State. So if that makes me some kind of "bandwagon" fan of either team, whatever floats your boat.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well little do you know I was born and raised in Blacksburg, next door neighbors and friend's with the AD's son, friend's with Bud Foster's son, good friends with the Beamer family and golfed a lot with Frank, family business was the main college bar downtown, dad was a booster for the cheerleaders (which was awesome btw, comes with perks), before attending Ohio State. So if that makes me some kind of "bandwagon" fan of either team, whatever floats your boat.
All that connection to Va Tech and still bandwagon OSU? Sad. You go to OSU and Va tech is very similar academically.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that connection to Va Tech and still bandwagon OSU? Sad. You go to OSU and Va tech is very similar academically.

I played golf and was recruited by Ohio State. After walking on to the Scarlet course at OSU GC then going to The Shoe to watch football, it was a pretty easy choice to make. Blessed to be apart of both schools.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I played golf and was recruited by Ohio State. After walking on to the Scarlet course at OSU GC then going to The Shoe to watch football, it was a pretty easy choice to make. Blessed to be apart of both schools.
Michigan has a better golf program and I golfed as well! Shot under par with no handicap on mediocre courses though. I will say the best golfers come the SEC and PAC tho.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan has a better golf program and I golfed as well! Shot under par with no handicap on mediocre courses though. I will say the best golfers come the SEC and PAC tho.

The SEC and PAC are loaded with better teams than the B1G, but there's been some pretty good individual talents to have come out of the B1G. Ohio State goes through cycles of really good teams or really bad teams. We had a dinosaur of a coach when I was there and weren't that good. Oklahoma State is still the team to beat today and have been for some time. I will say, I do like tailgating on your all's course when I come up for games.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC and PAC are loaded with better teams than the B1G, but there's been some pretty good individual talents to have come out of the B1G. Ohio State goes through cycles of really good teams or really bad teams. We had a dinosaur of a coach when I was there and weren't that good. Oklahoma State is still the team to beat today and have been for some time. I will say, I do like tailgating on your all's course when I come up for games.
Michigan has been above average for the most part but not enough to make waves. Golf in the B1G is almost as bad as baseball but we have a couple of programs that can compete nationally at times. Baseball has no chance usually.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan has been above average for the most part but not enough to make waves. Golf in the B1G is almost as bad as baseball but we have a couple of programs that can compete nationally at times. Baseball has no chance usually.

Minnesota of all teams won the Natty in 2007, they were going to scrap the varsity sport before they won too lol. That's like Arizona State winning the Frozen Four. But god damn is our conference shit in baseball, smh.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota of all teams won the Natty in 2007, they were going to scrap the varsity sport before they won too lol. That's like Arizona State winning the Frozen Four. But god damn is our conference shit in baseball, smh.
Michigan and even MSU used to be godlike in hockey but it's been a transition period for both. Hell Michigan lost to freaking ND lately iirc.

Atleast Berenson made the HOF.

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few stray thoughts to the OP.

UW is a better team than they showed. It was just one of those years where things didn't click like they have been. As to OSU, I would have made a 9 point favorite but with Urban leaving I wonder how many seniors will sit out and how motivated they will be- especially if they get behind early. Now, it's pretty much a pick 'em contest.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

455185218-e1410464860423.jpg
Its too damned early for this Bowlshit

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few stray thoughts to the OP.

UW is a better team than they showed. It was just one of those years where things didn't click like they have been. As to OSU, I would have made a 9 point favorite but with Urban leaving I wonder how many seniors will sit out and how motivated they will be- especially if they get behind early. Now, it's pretty much a pick 'em contest.
UW's offense was entirely inexcusably underperforming the whole year and AGAIN they have to have the worst kicker in the conference. Add in way too many blunders on special teams/coverage units and this really isn't the team they should have had. They did grow through the year, but not nearly enough.

Still, their D will give more than some of their homer fans up here are prepared to deal with. I'd still put it something like 27-20 or something, but weird shit can happen so who knows.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be a great game and I'm extremely excited to be able to attend. All I know is that I will probably bring a lot less booze than I'll need.