• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ropers post game 2 weeks of bliss !

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's where I feel you are wrong. The Wizards are the Bullets imo, always have been. PC pressure had the Bullets change their name, the team itself NEVER left town, nor did the players or coaches. Same goes for the Redskins. Players and coaches nor the team packed up (overnight) and left now did they? Nope! Same old teams using a new Sir Name to move forward only to appease those *&$#%!*@ offended by the name REDSKINS! To me, we will always be the REDSKINS and the DC basketball team will always be the BULLETS. Just the way it is in my book and just how I like it. I got onboard with the Wizards name just as I will get onboard with the new (Renegades/Raptors/Warriors) name once its decided.
I like this take, good points and I agree with you. They will always be the REDSKINS to me...at least until I see whatever they trot out as a new nickname...and then I shall see whether I buy into the new name or not. TBH I don’t want to lose our fight song. Sounds small but I think that made us unique in the entire NFL. Having our full band, pumping us all up with tunes before and after games and blasting into HTTR everytime we scored.

I would like to suggest that it is only also fair tho, that Dad, retains his full right to feel the way he does too.

I think we can all understand the feeling of betrayal and anger at Danny for all his meddling and tearing apart of what was for a long time a storied, honorable and winning tradition and replacing this with asinine focus on squeeze as much money as possible out of an incredibly loyal fan base, try and distract them with shiny objects and abuse their trust at every turn with over priced has been players who came only for the money and to cash in.

Truth is, I believe this franchise (aka Danny Boy to me, lol) HAS made the worst decisions and is lucky to have any fans at all at this point.

Hail!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's where I feel you are wrong. The Wizards are the Bullets imo, always have been. PC pressure had the Bullets change their name, the team itself NEVER left town, nor did the players or coaches. Same goes for the Redskins. Players and coaches nor the team packed up (overnight) and left now did they? Nope! Same old teams using a new Sir Name to move forward only to appease those *&$#%!*@ offended by the name REDSKINS! To me, we will always be the REDSKINS and the DC basketball team will always be the BULLETS. Just the way it is in my book and just how I like it. I got onboard with the Wizards name just as I will get onboard with the new (Renegades/Raptors/Warriors) name once its decided.
sorry but no one refers to the wizards as the bullets nor were the bullets refered to as the zephyer

same with the redskins . wait till they blot out the name during highlights of the superbowl and such . the fight song ? gone band ? gone

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am more reacting to claims he is more then what he is

Let’s be real Allen is putting up pedestrian numbers and I haven’t seen anything from him that tells me Haskins couldn’t have done the same or better

Haskins has played better teams there is no disputing that .

If you were going to bench it should have been after the browns game and I wouldn’t be so militant

The giants and boys are bottom feeders and if you read the game thread of the boys games I gave Rex support when he made good throws

Let’s also understand that I am not sold on this franchise . I said they had to earn my fandom because this isn’t the redskins anymore just Like the wizards aren’t the bullets. It’s a defacto expansion team

I feel betrayed by the powers that be
And I am not coming off that stance ever .

Allen does his homework, Haskins didn't . . . . . Which one has the best chance of achieving?

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, I'm so old that I remember the Washington Senators with a great player named Harmon Killabrew(sp) so what is this team called the Washington Nationals all about that has been much better?

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this take, good points and I agree with you. They will always be the REDSKINS to me...at least until I see whatever they trot out as a new nickname...and then I shall see whether I buy into the new name or not. TBH I don’t want to lose our fight song. Sounds small but I think that made us unique in the entire NFL. Having our full band, pumping us all up with tunes before and after games and blasting into HTTR everytime we scored.

I would like to suggest that it is only also fair tho, that Dad, retains his full right to feel the way he does too.

I think we can all understand the feeling of betrayal and anger at Danny for all his meddling and tearing apart of what was for a long time a storied, honorable and winning tradition and replacing this with asinine focus on squeeze as much money as possible out of an incredibly loyal fan base, try and distract them with shiny objects and abuse their trust at every turn with over priced has been players who came only for the money and to cash in.

Truth is, I believe this franchise (aka Danny Boy to me, lol) HAS made the worst decisions and is lucky to have any fans at all at this point.

Hail!

May I sing our fight song one more time . . . . . and I promise you I can sing?

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sold on Allen, and can’t fully understand why Haskins was benched.
Truthfully, the cowboys defense has a chance to be historically bad, not only because they arent jiving with Mike Nolan’s schemes, but also because they might be playing a third string qb for two more weeks behind a terribly injured offensive line.
Lots of 3-and-outs leads to a tired defense without many playmakers.

All that being said, it isnt Allen’s fault that Haskins didnt lock down the position, nor is it his fault that the cowboys are a bad team right now.

If Haskins doesn’t like it, then he should do whatever he can to take the job from Allen. Alex Smith, though an excellent story, should be the third string qb for mercy’s sake.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sold on Allen, and can’t fully understand why Haskins was benched.
Truthfully, the cowboys defense has a chance to be historically bad, not only because they arent jiving with Mike Nolan’s schemes, but also because they might be playing a third string qb for two more weeks behind a terribly injured offensive line.
Lots of 3-and-outs leads to a tired defense without many playmakers.

All that being said, it isnt Allen’s fault that Haskins didnt lock down the position, nor is it his fault that the cowboys are a bad team right now.

If Haskins doesn’t like it, then he should do whatever he can to take the job from Allen. Alex Smith, though an excellent story, should be the third string qb for mercy’s sake.
Rivera is, (in old school parlance) sending a message to Haskins in hopes that he responds in a more acceptable fashion. What Rivera fails to realize is that he's dealing with youngsters that don't adhere or respond well to old school methods and methodology. It's a social media world now, hell even math is taught differently than in prior generations.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivera is, (in old school parlance) sending a message to Haskins in hopes that he responds in a more acceptable fashion. What Rivera fails to realize is that he's dealing with youngsters that don't adhere or respond well to old school methods and methodology. It's a social media world now, hell even math is taught differently than in prior generations.

Just because children want their way, are used to having their way, doesn’t mean they should get their way.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haskins has been woefully mishandled .

He was raw , we knew he was raw and we knew we had to take our lumps

The plan changed

The only issue I have is unsubstantiated claims about work ethic that gets passed off as fact by a click bait press Corp .

I have seen and posted all kinds of clips showing his work outs and losing weight . We ALL
Saw it but a press corp looking for clicks and views wants to sell us that a guy working that hard just won’t work on studying film according to some BS “unknown source “

I saw all kinds of actual footage and posted on this site showing him working after practice working on all kinds of things

Didn’t they do this to RG knee ? I haven’t heard one report that he doesn’t do film work from the browns or the ravens but we bought that shit from our press corp back then

This press corp feels it’s ok to smear a guy based on no real evidence . They did that to Foster and his issue which turned into a complete falsehood . The girl lied , twice

And to top it off they never retracted the story or apologized for the smear campaign

Now could Haskins be a lazy bitch ? Yes he can but if you think that I trust this press corp to do real journalism and research BEFORE releasing a story then it falls on deaf ears

So give me a name and I will buy it , until then it’s speculation or click bait

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because children want their way, are used to having their way, doesn’t mean they should get their way.
Key word "should" which doesn't apply to your statement that they are "used to having their way."

How did they get "used to having their way?" That's what we old school characters are facing today. BTW: that includes Ron Rivera who must adapt or fail. There's no going back to the old ways.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haskins has been woefully mishandled .

He was raw , we knew he was raw and we knew we had to take our lumps

The plan changed

The only issue I have is unsubstantiated claims about work ethic that gets passed off as fact by a click bait press Corp .

I have seen and posted all kinds of clips showing his work outs and losing weight . We ALL
Saw it but a press corp looking for clicks and views wants to sell us that a guy working that hard just won’t work on studying film according to some BS “unknown source “

I saw all kinds of actual footage and posted on this site showing him working after practice working on all kinds of things

Didn’t they do this to RG knee ? I haven’t heard one report that he doesn’t do film work from the browns or the ravens but we bought that shit from our press corp back then

This press corp feels it’s ok to smear a guy based on no real evidence . They did that to Foster and his issue which turned into a complete falsehood . The girl lied , twice

And to top it off they never retracted the story or apologized for the smear campaign

Now could Haskins be a lazy bitch ? Yes he can but if you think that I trust this press corp to do real journalism and research BEFORE releasing a story then it falls on deaf ears

So give me a name and I will buy it , until then it’s speculation or click bait
I completely agree but purposely omitted any mention of QB's because that becomes a whole distraction from a real discussion solely about Rivera. The comparison that I draw from is Jason Campbell who was also mishandled here in much the same way as Haskins. Each having differing Head coaches and or offensive coordinators. In fact, I'll say that it's been worse for Haskins... because of the 3 HC's in one year.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen does his homework, Haskins didn't . . . . . Which one has the best chance of achieving?
Just so that I'm clear, what was the stated reason to bench Haskins and relegate him to QB3?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so that I'm clear, what was the stated reason to bench Haskins and relegate him to QB3?
Only what was said at RRs Presser after DHs worst game vs the winnable Browns game where he turned the ball over, fumbled and took terrible sacks. Rr said he had DHs ‘back’, as long as he continued to grow and not make the same errors over and over again

Which was immediately followed by an about Face from RR...2 days later when he implied in an interview on Monday that he had looked at film...was openly critical of the on field test FAIL, went so far as to say Turner told DH he had to throw to the end zone...implied (obviously) his displeasure that DH should have tried to make something happen other than check down to a play with no possibility of converting.

Then the leaks from ‘unknown sources’. Think it was Lockinfora first, JP Findley and another natl reporter all rumbling about film and study practices during the week and that AS and KA both were in the building earlier and later than DG.

Then RR with implications that he had other young guns in the locker room he had to think about as well. Then the winnable division. Then the implication that he was thinking about who might give the team the best chance to win the division.

Then Rapoport on Sun Am prior to the Ravens game with possibility of benching mid game if DH didn’t play to RRs satisfaction during game. There was also some speculation of benching from Finley about 2-3 days before the game as well

Then the Ravens game, followed by benching.

That is as near to the timeline that I can remember. Please correct or add (anyone else) any mistake I’ve made here. Feels like it was a year ago already tbh. Lol

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Stymietee

There is also a thread which follows in REAL time all the leaks, rumours and RR pressers and fan reactions titled something like DH benched, KYLE starting, let the melee on the board begin...lol

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Stymietee

There is also a thread which follows in REAL time all the leaks, rumours and RR pressers and fan reactions titled something like DH benched, KYLE starting, let the melee on the board begin...lol
LMAO @ let the melee (and drama) begin ..... and it has.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess only RR can answer that question but it must have been something pretty serious to move a starter from QB1 to QB3. My guess is that RR was not happy at all with the effort Haskins was giving off the field with playbook study, film study, etc. but that's just a guess. Lack of attention to detail and focus during a game might also be a part of this with taking selfies a time or two rather than using that time to discuss the ongoing game with the offensive coordinator while the defense was on the field. I cheered for Haskins big time, like I do for all of our players, while he was in the game. Now I will cheer for Allen until he is removed for who knows who. Unfortunately, I have gotten use to all of this as a sucker for subscribing to a Snyder owned product.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only what was said at RRs Presser after DHs worst game vs the winnable Browns game where he turned the ball over, fumbled and took terrible sacks. Rr said he had DHs ‘back’, as long as he continued to grow and not make the same errors over and over again

Which was immediately followed by an about Face from RR...2 days later when he implied in an interview on Monday that he had looked at film...was openly critical of the on field test FAIL, went so far as to say Turner told DH he had to throw to the end zone...implied (obviously) his displeasure that DH should have tried to make something happen other than check down to a play with no possibility of converting.

Then the leaks from ‘unknown sources’. Think it was Lockinfora first, JP Findley and another natl reporter all rumbling about film and study practices during the week and that AS and KA both were in the building earlier and later than DG.

Then RR with implications that he had other young guns in the locker room he had to think about as well. Then the winnable division. Then the implication that he was thinking about who might give the team the best chance to win the division.

Then Rapoport on Sun Am prior to the Ravens game with possibility of benching mid game if DH didn’t play to RRs satisfaction during game. There was also some speculation of benching from Finley about 2-3 days before the game as well

Then the Ravens game, followed by benching.

That is as near to the timeline that I can remember. Please correct or add (anyone else) any mistake I’ve made here. Feels like it was a year ago already tbh. Lol
Well, thank you! It's all clear now, Ron Rivera's problem with Dwayne Haskins is based upon a psychopathology that the coach is dealing with.