• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rookies of the year odds

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just happened to stumble across this and thought it was kind of cool:

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/story.cfm/story/1547822

According to those odds Latimer is the 9th most likely guy to win Offensive Rookie of the Year (at 15/1) and Roby is tied for eleventh most likely to win that award (at 25/1) for defensive players. Obviously doesn't mean much since neither player has played a single down in the regular season. Still, I found it at least mildly noteworthy. :yahoo:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually surprised a bit that they are that high. Latimer especially since unless there is an injury most in the football world think he is going to get very little playing time and even if he does the guys in front of him are very established all-stars in the league.

Roby I can understand a little better. Hopefully he will work his way up. He had a decent debut causing a fumble (what was he doing playing like 15 yards off the line of scrimmage though).

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually surprised a bit that they are that high. Latimer especially since unless there is an injury most in the football world think he is going to get very little playing time and even if he does the guys in front of him are very established all-stars in the league.

Roby I can understand a little better. Hopefully he will work his way up. He had a decent debut causing a fumble (what was he doing playing like 15 yards off the line of scrimmage though).

It'll be interesting to see how much PT Latimer gets. As excited as I am by having added Sanders, I'm thinking that we might favor Latimer's big body in the red zone and the run game. Should be enough offensive snaps for him to get his share.

NFL Net is about to show a replay of the game. Since I only saw the first quarter the other night, I'm looking forward to watching the whole game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think Latimer will get more playing time than many think. We haven't had a lot of rookies do a whole lot over the last couple of years and we really don't need a rookie to this year unless we have some serious injuries but it would be amazing to see one of these guys step up and really take this team to a whole new level.