• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rookie RB's

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like its going to be Ronald Jones and then he is going to get hurt because he is still a kid and weighs 80lbs soaking wet.

Full season? Freeman, Guide, Chubb and Penny are all pretty close together imo. I like Kerryon a lot but he probably has the lowest floor of the bunch, too.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the only RB in this draft class that a team moved up to get.
Recent history shows that's a good thing he gets used.
Kerryon might be the Hunt of this year's draft but at this point last year that didn't seem like the best thing because Hunt had to beat a real RB to get his job. Then the real RB got an injury and paved the way for Hunt to have a fantastic season.

I feel like the Lions have a bunch of Spencer Wares on their roster so an injury wont pave the way. Kamaras numbers are also kinda freakish and unreliable. I feel like part of his hype this year was based around Ingram's PED thing.

I'm looking back at my draft thoughts and I had Kerryon as my 4th RB from the class. Maybe Kerryon is a sleeper but it comes down to how much you trust the Lions so I'd put him in a tier below the other guys.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had Kerryon as my 4th RB from the class. Maybe Kerryon is a sleeper but it comes down to how much you trust the Lions so I'd put him in a tier below the other guys.
They have the QB.
They have good WR.
Their DST was a sneaky top 10 (in some formats).
Now they have Matt Patricia as their HC.
They retained OC Jim Bob Cooter.
Only piece missing is bellcow RB. IMO

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has never been about Denver not running the ball. It's about opportunity. I don't know that he does anything that much better than Devontae does.

You are going to look foolish when the season gets going...

Would love to hear who you think will be the top rookie RB besides Barkley?

Penny? Word is Carson looks better and Penny may not have the role once thought

Guice? Maybe in a non PPR he has better numbers but in a PPR I'd rather have Rolls Royce

Sony? Something tells me his fumbling issues will lead him into the dog house for much of his rookie season... Also stop sleeping on Burkhead!!! (2 everyone)

Ronald Jones? Maybe.... Hurts he wont have Winston for the first 3 games, and Barber may be the better runner at this point. Jones should be valuable in a PPR but I still side with Royce over him

Last edited:

Ram Tough

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kerryon might be the Hunt of this year's draft but at this point last year that didn't seem like the best thing because Hunt had to beat a real RB to get his job. Then the real RB got an injury and paved the way for Hunt to have a fantastic season.

I feel like the Lions have a bunch of Spencer Wares on their roster so an injury wont pave the way. Kamaras numbers are also kinda freakish and unreliable. I feel like part of his hype this year was based around Ingram's PED thing.

I'm looking back at my draft thoughts and I had Kerryon as my 4th RB from the class. Maybe Kerryon is a sleeper but it comes down to how much you trust the Lions so I'd put him in a tier below the other guys.

Maybe but doubt it... Lions have a loaded backfield and haven't really had a good running back campaign since Barry.. Jahvid Best had a good start to a season but then his career ended

Coming from the guy who loved Kareem Hunt last year and won many leagues and a good amount of money due to him... This years Kareem Hunt if there is such a thing will be Royce Freeman, I am very very very confident about this

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have the QB.
They have good WR.
Their DST was a sneaky top 10 (in some formats).
Now they have Matt Patricia as their HC.
They retained OC Jim Bob Cooter.
Only piece missing is bellcow RB. IMO
Not a bad run D in that division, though, and the Packers might actually end up having the best while having a bad secondary. Maybe the Lions just do RBBC like the Patriots because they have a Patriots guy.

This years Kareem hunt if there is such a thing will be Royce Freeman, I am very very very confident about this
Freeman is on my radar. If I get him at decent value then I'm drafting him. San Diego and KC both have the potential for having trash run defenses again. Freeman is big, can catch, and Denver might end up running as much as Minnesota did last year. I don't think he is as talented as some of the other backs coming out but I think he is talented enough and in one of the better positions.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its 2018 and I just typed 'San Diego'

Not enough coffee today

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, word out of the Denver camp is that Phillip Lindsey looks like a world beater..and we have a fairly good idea that at his size, he ain't gonna be the guy. Booker is a very good receiver, but has some of the worst vision in the league. He couldn't find a hole behind the Emmit Smith Cowboys line. So if Lindsey is for real, Booker may be out the door. Which leaves Henderson and Freeman, I would definitely bank on Freeman.

But, until games start, even the first couple preseason games, all the camp talk, unless its overwhelmingly negative, should be taken with an entire cow licking size block of salt. Chris Carson is meh at best, and no one drafts a RB in the first without giving them every possible opportunity in the world to blow it. Penny will have ample chances, in pads, to put Carson in the back seat. Until some of those chances have been had, it really doesn't matter how great Carson looks in practice. Plus, let's not forget Petey has been praising Penny in the press too, so its not like its all about Carson.

Ram Tough

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, word out of the Denver camp is that Phillip Lindsey looks like a world beater..and we have a fairly good idea that at his size, he ain't gonna be the guy. Booker is a very good receiver, but has some of the worst vision in the league. He couldn't find a hole behind the Emmit Smith Cowboys line. So if Lindsey is for real, Booker may be out the door. Which leaves Henderson and Freeman, I would definitely bank on Freeman.

But, until games start, even the first couple preseason games, all the camp talk, unless its overwhelmingly negative, should be taken with an entire cow licking size block of salt. Chris Carson is meh at best, and no one drafts a RB in the first without giving them every possible opportunity in the world to blow it. Penny will have ample chances, in pads, to put Carson in the back seat. Until some of those chances have been had, it really doesn't matter how great Carson looks in practice. Plus, let's not forget Petey has been praising Penny in the press too, so its not like its all about Carson.

I agree but I don't know if this Seattle situation is the same as most training camp news when teams are throwing out smokescreens. Last year Carroll loved Carson and he looked good before he got injured.. Penny will still have his chances but I see Carson and Penny splitting carries most of the year or riding the hot hand, so until Penny proves he's the better and more superior RB I don't see him being the 3 down back most were expecting day 1.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are going to look foolish when the season gets going...

Would love to hear who you think will be the top rookie RB besides Barkley?

Penny? Word is Carson looks better and Penny may not have the role once thought

Guice? Maybe in a non PPR he has better numbers but in a PPR I'd rather have Rolls Royce

Sony? Something tells me his fumbling issues will lead him into the dog house for much of his rookie season... Also stop sleeping on Burkhead!!! (2 everyone)

Ronald Jones? Maybe.... Hurts he wont have Winston for the first 3 games, and Barber may be the better runner at this point. Jones should be valuable in a PPR but I still side with Royce over him
I think Penny is at best in a committee, so no on him

Sony is in a not great spot, too many mouths to feed

Jones, I'm not sure. They love Peyton Barber but overall in PPR at least, I'm taking Jones.

Guice will actually be better than Freeman, no reason to think otherwise. Freeman has never been a pass-catching back and Denver hardly throws to their RBs, so Guice is an obviously better choice in any format.

I'm also taking Nick Chubb over Royce all day, every day. Superior runner in all facets, plays in a run-first offense, and the only person ahead of him for snaps has had injury issues - and that's assuming Hyde even beats him out, which has by no means been the word out of Cleveland.

Also, Jordan Wilkins is shaping up to be a better option in Indy, as he's been the standout thusfar.

Freeman is fool's gold, enjoy your 4.9 points per week with him in your starting lineup.

Ram Tough

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Penny is at best in a committee, so no on him

Sony is in a not great spot, too many mouths to feed

Jones, I'm not sure. They love Peyton Barber but overall in PPR at least, I'm taking Jones.

Guice will actually be better than Freeman, no reason to think otherwise. Freeman has never been a pass-catching back and Denver hardly throws to their RBs, so Guice is an obviously better choice in any format.

I'm also taking Nick Chubb over Royce all day, every day. Superior runner in all facets, plays in a run-first offense, and the only person ahead of him for snaps has had injury issues - and that's assuming Hyde even beats him out, which has by no means been the word out of Cleveland.

Also, Jordan Wilkins is shaping up to be a better option in Indy, as he's been the standout thusfar.

Freeman is fool's gold, enjoy your 4.9 points per week with him in your starting lineup.

Just so we are on the same page... This is not a judge on talent, this is about who is going to have the better rookie fantasy season...

Chubb!? In fantasy this year!? I can't see him being valuable in a PPR. non ppr maybe if Hyde goes down... Loaded backfield , Hyde , Chubb , Duke

Guice I agree with can be a top 3 Rookie RB in fantasy, I watched his whole career at LSU my only question mark are his receiving skills?

Colts backfield is loaded.. not buying Wilkins hype instead I love Nyheim Hines for a PPR league.. to me he is either the next Kamara or does nothing this year

Just can't wait for the season to unfold, you won't forget this convo if and when Royce starts turning heads and turns into a Top 20 fantasy RB....

Just to be clear to this is not a judge on overall talent... Talent matters but alot of other variables go into a rookie having a strong fantasy season. Espically for RB. We have even see players have breakout rookie years then going forward the rest of there careers are underwhelming ( ex. Zac Stacy, Mike Anderson)

Last edited:

Ram Tough

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's also keep in mind .. Guice gets drafted in the 3rd round... Freeman is in the 5th