• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ron Rivera Needs To Go

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's why getting Allen and McLaurin re-signed was huge. Rivera has to get SOME credit foe that.

Alot of RR haters out there.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so far RR has been URINE . losing record and the same problems popping up over and over again

he can turn it around but he has been aids ridden, syphillis laden , puss dripping , URINE

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has been what he always has been so far, a hair under .500 HC. He'll likely be around that again.

Even when Dan has hired a good coach Schottenheimer, Gibbs or Shanahan it has not gone well.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never happy about us firing JDR and McDumbass has looked lost in the first 2 games.
McDumbass knows how to coach as he has been around a real coach long enough now. As for JDR, dude is caught up in his conservative ways both politically and defensively. Time for a change on the defensive side of the ball in DC.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McDumbass knows how to coach as he has been around a real coach long enough now. As for JDR, dude is caught up in his conservative ways both politically and defensively. Time for a change on the defensive side of the ball in DC.
He is looking lost so far....only running Jacobs when we have a bunch of RB's including a rookie who needs playing time since Jacobs' 5th year option was declined. And he is having Carr throw the ball way too much, we need a more balanced offensive attack. Not like we have been far behind in the first 2 games where we HAD to throw the ball a lot.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Payton
I'd turn backflips. Sean with all of our weapons would be dangerous. Only thing is Payton can list 31 teams he'd rather coach.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the team has a qb and coach they all believe in. Everyone always seems to play better. Hopefully Carson can make this team a believer
This ^^^^ is an interesting comment. The 4 game winning streak Heinicke had that included wins over Tampa, Seattle and Carolina might been one of those times. Then came what was just an utterly terrible 1st half against Dallas and whatever mo and confidence the team had built up was shattered. Alex Smith may have had the most serious run in that respect then came his terrible injury against Houston. Cousins might haver had it in 2016 when after a 0-2 start the Skins reeled off 4 wins and were looking like they might turn a corner. Then came the Det game where Stafford drove the length of the field in what seemed like 8 seconds n the tie against Cincy and it was too up n down after that. And of course Griffin and the magic of RG3 in 2012 which turned out to be all smoke n mirrors. Though it would've been interesting to see what would've happened had Griffin not been injured against the notorious Fed Ex turf playing Seattle.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd turn backflips. Sean with all of our weapons would be dangerous. Only thing is Payton can list 31 teams he'd rather coach.
Guaranteed Money talks

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WASHINGTON COMMANDERS
SNIDER: Time for Commanders to scout coaches

Ron Rivera and Co. have failed. As a front office and coaching staff. It's time to start thinking of who's next because Year 3 of this regime has seen no improvement of the Washington Commanders.

It's just the same ol' lackluster effort under a new name. It should also be under new management and ownership. Time for changes.

The Philadelphia Eagles throttled the Commanders 24-8 on Sunday. The Eagles (3-0) showed how a franchise rebuilds smartly while the Commanders (1-2) did little over the offseason aside from trading for a passer. Philadelphia can win the NFC East. Washington will be lucky to finish 6-11.

Owner Dan Snyder's troubles have overshadowed Rivera's inability to lift the franchise forward. Rivera's coordinators haven't helped with poor game plans and even worse counter-punching. This team regularly has no answers. At least, until midseason when it's too late.

The only thing that saves Rivera is Snyder's uncertainty. It’s remindful of coach Norv Turner gaining three extra seasons during the team's sale after the 1996 death of owner Jack Kent Cooke. The estate's directors didn't want to make any changes. Maybe Snyder doesn't either while his future is unsettled amid reported growing discontent by fellow NFL owners. Even if Snyder opts to sell, it will take a while and Rivera remains a stopgap.

But it's apparent Rivera and Co. can't grow this team. The pass defense can't make stops. The offense has as much rhythm as a couple with seven kids. The offensive line gives quarterback Carson Wentz little time and, when it does, Wentz holds on to the ball too long.

There's just a lot of blasé with this team from game plan to attitudes. Rivera's insistence of being close and growing the team is just a stall tactic. There is no tomorrow in the NFL, only today, and he knows it. Certainly, year three gets no grace period.

It's time to admit two things – Rivera was the right choice to lead this team and it's time for someone new. Both takes can be true.

Rivera brought respectability to a troubled franchise. It's no longer some clubhouse for overgrown fraternity brothers in the front office. That alone made him the right choice.

But Rivera is out of gas. There's no passion, no creativity anywhere on this team. The Commanders are getting worse and wasting time with the few young playmakers they have. The team needs heavy free agent investment of players and personnel not connected to Rivera's Carolina days. The drafts can't have misses.

There's a long season ahead followed by a winter of discontent. Washington must once more reboot and find a front office and coaching staff. No small thing and little faith it will work.

But one thing is clear – fans think two things on Rivera. He's a good man who was needed off the field, but not getting it done on Sundays. And now, the latter counts more.

Rick Snider has covered Washington sports since 1978. Follow him on Twitter: @Snide_Remarks.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not ready to give up on Rivera yet. I always said I would judge him based on year three and when he has a QB that allows Turner to use all the plays in his playbook.

Well he has that, and it's year three. That said until the ownership thing is settled we should probably stick with Ron. I really don't want Dan picking the next coach.

If by some miracle Dan is ousted this summer. We may have our pick of the litter. If not, I'm still not sure we can do any better than a guy like Ron. Good dude. Commands respect, but does leave a little to be desired out of a game day coach and especially a GM.

It's week four. This feels a little premature. Not saying the posters on this board calling for his head won't be proven right. It's just so much ancelary stuff going on around the team and like I said, it's early.

Skins are gonna wear black Sunday in Dallas. I guess they feel this is a statement game for them. The first half will be huge for Ron and how the media and the fans treat and view him post-game. Big game Sunday.

It's Dallas week boys.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not ready to give up on Rivera yet. I always said I would judge him based on year three and when he has a QB that allows Turner to use all the plays in his playbook.

Well he has that, and it's year three. That said until the ownership thing is settled we should probably stick with Ron. I really don't want Dan picking the next coach.

If by some miracle Dan is ousted this summer. We may have our pick of the litter. If not, I'm still not sure we can do any better than a guy like Ron. Good dude. Commands respect, but does leave a little to be desired out of a game day coach and especially a GM.

It's week four. This feels a little premature. Not saying the posters on this board calling for his head won't be proven right. It's just so much ancelary stuff going on around the team and like I said, it's early.

Skins are gonna wear black Sunday in Dallas. I guess they feel this is a statement game for them. The first half will be huge for Ron and how the media and the fans treat and view him post-game. Big game Sunday.

It's Dallas week boys.
Things have got to change , going 1-3 won’t cut it